Absol is one of the best Speedsters in Pokemon Unite, and with the right build of its moveset, Battle Items, and Held Items, it can become an absolute beast on the battlefield.
There are five roles in Pokemon Unite, and the Speedsters are proving to be very popular choices. These fighters prioritize making quick attacks and scoring points at the expense of HP and Endurance, making a quick getaway when needed.
Among them, Absol is rising to the top as one of the best fighters in the entire roster. With high Offense and Mobility stats, it’s perfect for Trainers who want to zoom around the map without having to sacrifice their damage output in TiMi Studios’ MOBA game.
- Best Absol build Pokemon Unite
- Absol moveset
- Absol Pokemon Unite items
- Absol stats
- How to play Absol
- Does Absol evolve?
- How to unlock Absol in Pokemon Unite
- Best Pokemon Unite build guides for all Pokemon
Below, we’ve listed the best moves, Battle, and Held items you need to take along with Absol to maximize your chance to speed through each map and arena in Pokemon Unite.
|Move||Unlocked At||Upgrade Level|
|Slash||Level 1||Level 7: Upgrades to Psycho Cut or Sucker Punch.|
|Pursuit||Level 5||Level 11: Movement speed boost.|
|Psycho Cut||Level 7||Level 13: When the move hits, Absol’s movement speed increases for a short time.|
|Midnight Slash (Unite Move)||Level 9||–|
Absol will be offered the moves Feint or Slash at the beginning of a match. This choice doesn’t matter too much as you’ll get both moves eventually, but we’d recommend going with Slash first as your best choice, as it deals decent damage with a low cooldown that will help you farm EXP in the jungle.
At Level 5, Absol will be able to learn either Night Slash or Pursuit. Both are solid for the moveset, but Pursuit has the best edge. With this move, Absol can dash to a specific location and strike enemies from behind for increased damage and reduced cooldown.
Next, at Level 7, you’ll be given the choice between Sucker Punch and Psycho Cut. We recommend Psycho Cut as it gives you the double whammy of slowing down the enemy it hits and increasing the damage of your next three attacks against them for an all-out assault.
|Held Item||What it Does||Max Stat Boosts|
|Float Stone||Increases movement speed when not in combat.||Attack + 24
Movement Speed + 120
|Muscle Band||Increases basic attack damage.||Attack + 15
Basic Attack Speed +7.5%
|Scope Lens||Increases critical-hit damage.||Critical Hit Rate +6%
Critical-Hit Damage +12%
- Float Stone: This item will increase Absol’s basic attack damage and also increase movement speed to really capitalize on its Speedster role.
- Muscle Band: Increases basic attack damage, which should make clearing wild Pokemon in the jungle that much quicker.
- Scope Lens: Using this Held Item will help to increase Absol’s critical-hit rate and damage. Considering Absol is already the king of critical-hit, some may prefer to substitute this Held Item for something else – but why not make its best feature even better?
|Held Item||What it Does||Unlocked At|
|Eject Button||Quickly moves your Pokemon in the designated direction.||Trainer Level 11|
|X-Attack||Raises your Pokemon’s Attack and Sp. Atk for a short time.||Trainer Level 7|
- Eject Button: This item is arguable the best item for Absol, as this Speedster’s Endurance is one of its biggest weaknesses, and it won’t last long at all if it comes up against a group of enemies or a particularly tanky opponent.
- X-Attack: If you don’t have Eject Button, this Battle Item is a decent backup, as it will improve Absol’s already solid Offense and help it to quickly clear out any wild Pokemon in the jungle.
|Level||HP||Attack||Defense||Special Attack||Special Defense||Speed|
- Keep an eye on your Endurance and HP at all times – Absol may pack a punch, but can be overwhelmed easily if you’re not careful.
- In the earlier stages of a match, Absol absolutely dominates against other ‘mon. Make sure to take advantage of this to push the game in your favor early on.
- As a Speedster, you’ll most likely be focusing on the jungle to take out Wild Pokemon quickly and efficiently to level up fast, accomplish a goal quicker, or provide extra damage where needed.
- Make sure to constantly keep tabs on what’s going on in other lanes, and play reactively to help out your teammates.
- Attack enemy ‘mon from behind as they’re attempting to run away from you for a better chance to take them down in a flash.
- Try not to initiate attacks in team fights to increase your chance of surviving.
Absol does not evolve in Pokemon Unite, so you’ll be playing with the Speedster from the beginning to the end of each of your matches.
There’s currently only one method to unlock Absol in Pokemon Unite: purchasing it from the store.
- To purchase the ‘mon, head to the Unite Battle Committee shop, and buy their license for 10,000 Aeons Coins / 575 Aeos Gems.
If you’re looking for more tips to become the ultimate Pokemon Unite player, check out our guides below covering all of the currently playable ‘mon and their best builds:
This is the best build for Absol in Pokemon Unite right now, but Trainers should experiment with other move paths and items to see what works best for them.
For more tips and tricks on becoming the ultimate Pokemon Unite player, check out our other guides :
How to play All-Rounders | How to play Attackers | How to play Defenders | How to play Supporters | How to play Speedsters | How to unlock Zeraora | All Held Items & what they do | Meta tips you need to know