Pokemon Unite best Snorlax build – Moveset, Battle & Held Items
Snorlax is one of the best Defenders in Pokemon Unite who can block anything with the right moveset and items. Here’s the best Snorlax build in the Switch and mobile MOBA.
In Pokemon Unite, the Defender class gives players a set of tanky characters to block opponents from scoring. Snorlax has already risen to the top as one of the best in the role as its powerful attacks and shield make it a must for any team.
This guide will take a look at which Held Items and Moves you should be using with the adorable Kanto Pokemon. Here is the sleepy giant’s best build in the TiMi Studio MOBA that will have you knocking enemies backward into submission.
- Best moveset for Snorlax
- Best Held Items for Snorlax
- Best Battle Items for Snorlax
- Snorlax stats
- How to unlock Snorlax
- Best pairs for Snorlax
Best Snorlax build in Pokemon Unite
From the best move path to follow to the items that will make Snorlax even more of a tank, we’ve put together a guide that features all the information you need to know to maximize the Defender’s potential.
|Heavy Slam||Level 6||Level 11: Increases the damage dealt by this move.|
|Block||Level 8||Level 13: Reduces the damage the user receives while this move is in effect.|
|Power Nap (UNITE Move)||Level 9||–|
In the first minutes of the match, players should be using Tackle followed up by three basic attack swipes to quickly eliminate Neutral Enemies. If your health gets too low, run back to your goal post and then pop Rest. The ability will self-heal the Kanto ‘mon but it also leaves you extremely vulnerable to enemy attacks, so make sure to use it behind your goal spot.
Upon hitting level 6, Trainers should pick Heavy Slam. Not only is the move one of the most powerful attacks in the game, but it can also be launched at a distance to stun enemies trying to flee. It’s also perfect for interrupting an enemy trying to score a goal. As a bonus, the ability is even a great escape mechanism if you find yourself low in health points.
- Read More: Pokemon Unite tier list
Finally, after hitting level 8, you should pick Block. The special ability is easily one of the most versatile mechanics in the game. Snorlax can not only push entire enemy teams off a goal post, it can also push opponents into a wall and hold them there. The main strategy should be to land a heavy slam to stun an enemy and then triggering a block to push them back into your teammates to finish them off.
Best Snorlax Held Items in Pokemon Unite
|Held Item||Description||Max Stat Boost|
|Assault Vest||When the Pokemon is not in combat, it is granted a shield that nullifies Sp. Atk damage equal to 12% of its max HP.||HP +270
Sp. Defense +42
|Focus Band||When the Pokemon drops to low HP, then each second for three seconds, it recovers 11% of the HP it had lost.||Defense +30
Sp. Defense +30
|Buddy Barrier||When the Pokemon uses its Unite Move, that Pokemon and nearby ally Pokemon with the lowest HP are each granted a shield equal to 20% of their Max HP.||HP +600|
- Assault Vest: Because so much of Snorlax revolves around its tanky Defense, we recommend using the Assault Vest. This Held Item gives you a big increase in your HP stat, as well as a boost to your Special Defense. When not in battle, the item also gives you a shield that makes killing neutral enemies easier.
- Focus Band: Just like the vest, Focus Band will give Snorlax another boost in both Defense stats, which will greatly solidify the sleeping giant as a tank. The red band also triggers a self-heal for Snorlax when its HP is low, which gives you time to escape with Heavy Slam.
- Buddy Barrier: One of Snorlax’s most important abilities is its Unite Move Power Nap, and Buddy Barrier gives closeby teammates shields when the ability is activated. On top of that, the item gives the Pokemon a massive boost in its total HP.
Best Snorlax Battle Item in Pokemon Unite
|Eject||Quickly moves your Pokemon in the designated direction.||55 Seconds||Trainer Level 11|
- Eject: While Snorlax benefits from using a Potion to further add to its wall of HP, the best Battle Item here is the Eject Button. When paired with its Heavy Slam move, the slow-moving Pokemon suddenly has an insane amount of mobility to hunt down enemies or escape from its foes.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
Snorlax Pokemon Unite stats
|Level||HP||Attack||Defense||Special Attack||Special Defense||Speed|
How to unlock Snorlax in Pokemon Unite
There are currently three ways to unlock Snorlax in Pokemon Unite:
- Choose it as your first Pokemon after completing the tutorial.
- Purchase it with 6,000 Aeos Coins from the Unite Battle Committee Shop.
- Purchase it with 345 Aeos Gems from the Unite Battle Committee Shop.
Best pairs for Snorlax in Pokemon Unite
Snorlax fits into the Defender role, so it works especially well with Attackers like Cinderace, Cramorant, and Pikachu as it can help keep them alive for as long as possible so they can deal maximum damage.
That’s everything you need to know about using Snorlax in Pokemon UNITE, but we’d encourage all Trainers to experiment with different movesets and Battle/Held Items to see what works best for them.
For more tips and tricks on becoming the ultimate Pokemon UNITE player, check out the rest of our character guides below:
Absol | Alolan Ninetails | Blastoise | Blissey | Charizard | Cinderace | Cramorant | Crustle | Eldegoss | Garchomp | Gardevoir | Gengar | Greninja | Lucario | Machamp | Mr Mime | Pikachu | Slowbro | Snorlax | Talonflame | Wigglytuff | Venusaur | Zeraora | All Held Items | All Battle Items | Best settings | Badge & medals explained