Pokemon Unite best Venusaur build – Moveset, Battle & Held Items
Venusaur, the Kanto starter, is secretly one of the most powerful Attackers in Pokemon Unite when using the best build, Held Items, and moveset.
Venusaur is slotted into the Attacker class in Pokemon Unite, though the bulky Grass-type starter could easily have been an All-Rounder or Defender character with its insane self-healing abilities that makes it hard to take down.
With the right combination of Battle Items and moves, the classic Red & Blue ‘mon can become an unstoppable force in the Mobile and Nintendo Switch game. Here is the Gen I Pokemon’s best build to snipe down your enemies before they even knew what hit them.
- Best Venusaur build Pokemon Unite
- Venusaur moveset
- Venusaur Pokemon Unite items
- Venusaur stats
- Venusaur’s evolution level
- How to unlock Venusaur in Pokemon Unite
- Best pairs for Venusaur in Pokemon Unite
Best Venusaur build Pokemon Unite
From the best moves to use, through to the Battle and Held items you need to take into the fray, we’ve put together everything you need to know to support your teammates to the best of Venusaur’s ability.
|Move||Unlocked At||Upgrade Level|
|Seed Bomb||Level 1||Level 5: Upgrades to Sludge Bomb or Giga Drain.|
|Giga Drain||Level 5||Level 11: Increases the amount of HP that is restored.|
|Solar Beam||Level 7||Level 13: Reduces this moves cooldown.|
|Verdant Anger||Level 9||–|
At the start of the match, players should be using Seed Bomb to quickly take down neutral enemies for XP. The attack can also be used to tag enemies trying to progress too far into your lane, as we as players trying to flee. Despite being a starting ability, Razor Leaf is incredibly strong to use alongside it to hit enemies from a distance.
Things get interesting at Level 5, where you should choose Giga Drain. Not only does the ability deal a decent amount of damage to enemies, but it also heals your HP. This at its core is how Venusaur is turned into one of the best tanks in Unite. The newly unlocked move can also be used to nuke grouped-up neutral enemies such as Vespiquen.
- Read More: Every Pokemon in Pokemon Unite ranked
Lastly at Level 7, Trainers should choose Solar Beam. The ranged attack does an insane amount of damage and can be used to snipe enemies across the map. From here on out, the main strategy for Venusaur is to use Giga Drain to self-heal while utilizing Solar Beam to hit unsuspecting opponents from a distance. Solar is also great for nuking team battles and clearing out enemies with low-HP.
Best Venusaur Held Items in Pokemon Unite
|Held Item||What it Does||Max Stat Boosts|
|Assault Vest||When the Pokemon is not in combat, it is granted a shield that nullifies Sp. Atk damaged equal to 12% of its max HP||HP+270 Sp. Def + 42|
|Focus Band||When the Pokemon drops to low HP, then each second for three seconds, it recovers 11% of the HP it had lost.||Def + 30 Sp. Def + 30|
|Shell Bell||When the Pokemon hits a move, it recovers a minimum of 60 HP. The higher the Pokemon’s Sp. Atk, the more HP it recovers.||Sp. Atk + 24 Move Cooldown -4.5%|
- Assault Vest: This adds an incredible boost to the Special Defense stat. More importantly, it increases the Attacker ‘mon’s overall Health Points by a substantial amount. All three of these items will make Venusaur incredibly tanky.
- Focus Band: Not only does this increase your Defense stat, but it also gives the Kanto starter self-healing when its HP drops down low enough. The combination of this item with what we listed above will turn the Grass-type into an absolute nightmare for enemies trying to bring you down.
- Shell Bell: While Venusaur relies heavily on its special attack, we have found the best strategy is to turn it into an unstoppable tank. Shell Bell essentially gives users health back each time Solar Beam hits an enemy on the map. When combined with Giga Drain, Venusaur is constantly healing itself.
Best Venusaur Battle Item in Pokemon Unite
|Battle Item||What it Does||Unlocked At|
|X-Attack||Raises your Pokemon’s Attack and Sp. Atk for a short time.||Trainer Level 7|
|Eject Button||Quickly moves your Pokemon in the designated direction.||Trainer Level 11|
- X-Attack: Since most of the Held Items are focused on giving Venusaur self-healing, we recommend bringing this Battle Item into battle to boost the Grass-type’s insanely powerful Solar Beam attack.
- Eject Button: If you are finding yourself struggling due to the Kanto ‘mon being so slow, then Eject Button is another option. Although given it tanky defense and self-heal, you should be able to withstand most attacks anyway.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
Venusaur Pokemon Unite stats
|Level||HP||Attack||Defense||Special Attack||Special Defense||Speed|
Venusaur Pokemon Unite evolution level
All of Venusaur’s evolutions are present in Pokemon Unite. Trainers will need to reach Level 5 with Bulbasaur before evolving to Ivysaur. At Level 9, the mon will evolve into its final form of Venusaur.
|Bulbasaur (Level 1)||Ivysaur (Level 5)||Venusaur (Level 9)|
How to unlock Venusaur in Pokemon Unite
There are three methods available to unlock Venusaur in Pokemon Unite:
- Unlock Venusaur for free by reaching Trainer Level 5.
- Purchase it with 8,000 Aeos Coins in the Unite Battle Committee Shop.
- Purchase it with 460 Aeos Gems in the Unite Battle Committee Shop.
Best pairs for Venusaur in Pokemon Unite
This bulky Attacker class Pokemon will typically be utilized to deal as much damage as it can during a match, so we’d recommend making sure to stick with the likes of Defenders such as Snorlax, Support ‘mon like Eldegoss, or other Attackers such as Alolan Ninetails to maximize total damage.
So, there you have it, that’s everything you need to know about Venusaur’s best build and moveset in Pokemon Unite.
For more tips on becoming the ultimate Pokemon Unite player, check out our guides below:
Absol | Alolan Ninetails | Blastoise | Blissey | Charizard | Cinderace | Cramorant | Crustle | Eldegoss | Garchomp | Gardevoir | Gengar | Greninja | Lucario | Machamp | Mr Mime | Pikachu | Slowbro | Snorlax | Talonflame | Wigglytuff | Venusaur | Zeraora | All Held Items | All Battle Items | Best settings | Badge & medals explained