Best Greninja build Pokemon Unite – Moveset, Battle & Held Items
Greninja can be an incredibly deadly Attacker ‘mon in Pokemon Unite with the best build of its moveset and Held Items.
Despite many players overlooking Greninja in the game’s Attacker class, the ‘mon actually has a strong set of offensive-heavy moves to lead the attack against the opposing team in Pokemon Unite.
The water-type starter might be squishy, but the ninja-like frog can be devastating with the right Held Items and Moves. Here is the blue Pokemon’s best build in the TiMi Studio MOBA to take out those enemies before they even know what’s hit them.
- Best Greninja build Pokemon Unite
- Greninja moveset
- Greninja Pokemon Unite items
- Greninja stats
- Greninja’s evolution level
- How to unlock Greninja in Pokemon Unite
- Greninja Holowear skins
- Best pairs for Greninja in Pokemon Unite
Best Greninja build Pokemon Unite
From the best moves to use, through to the Battle and Held items you should be using, we’ve put together everything you need to know to attack your enemies at the best of Greninja’s ability.
|Move||Unlocked At||Upgrade Level|
|Bubble||Level 1||Level 5: Upgrades into either Water Shuriken or Surf|
|Surf||Level 5||Level 11: Increases the amount of HP restored.|
|Smokescreen||Level 7||Level 13: Increases Attack for a short time when the user stops sneaking.|
|Waterburst Shuriken||Level 9||–|
At the start of the match, players should be using Bubble to take down neutral enemies and snipe opposing players in your lane. While Substitute may seem weak compared to most moves, it’s actually incredibly useful for making escapes. If you find yourself low in HP and needing to dash back to your goal, drop the doll behind you to briefly block enemies.
After hitting Level 5, Trainers should pick Surf. The special ability does a substantial amount of damage against enemies while also healing Greninja’s HP. The move is unique in that it actually does more damage against low-health enemies, making it the perfect tool to taking out opponents trying to flee. Best of all, if you manage to knock out a player then the attack’s cooldown is reset, meaning you are free to spam it again.
- Read More: Every Pokemon in Pokemon Unite ranked
Finally, once you evolve into Greninja at Level 7, choose Smokescreen. Not only does the invisible dash offer one of the best escapes in the game, but it’s also perfect for sneaking up on opponents and flanking them. Immediately after popping the move, the ability automatically boosts your next basic attack.
Best Greninja Held Items in Pokemon Unite
|Held Item||What it Does||Max Stat Boosts|
|Float Stone||Increases movement speed by 20% when the Pokemon is not in combat.||HP+270 Sp. Def + 42|
|Muscle Band||When basic attacks hit, the damage is increased 3% of the opposing Pokemon’s remaining HP.||Def + 30 Sp. Def + 30|
|Scope Lens||Increases the damage of basic attack critical hits. The higher the Pokemon’s Attack, the more the damage increases.||Sp. Atk + 24 Move Cooldown -4.5%|
- Float Stone: Even though Greninja is not a part of the Speedster class, it’s one of the quickest Pokemon in the Attacker category. Carrying one will give it an insane boost in its mobility, which is best for flanking when using alongside your Smoke Screen ability. Just like the next two items, it also gives a boost to the Attack stat.
- Muscle Band: Because most of Greninja’s damage will come from its basic attack, players should choose this as their first Held Item. It gives a massive boost to your Attack damage as well as its speed. When combined with the ninja’s boosted third attack, it can really turn its moves into a devastating flurry of hits.
- Scope Lens: This works nicely with Muscle Band, increasing your Critical Hit rate chances and damage. Pairing the two items together will make the Water-type’s swift attacks even deadlier, especially when popping out of Smokescreen, which buffs your next basic attack.
Best Greninja Battle Item in Pokemon Unite
|Battle Item||What it Does||Unlocked At|
|Eject Button||Quickly moves your Pokemon in the designated direction.||Trainer Level 11|
- Eject Button: Greninja’s greatest weakness is just how squishy it is. The biggest complaints players have is how quick the ‘mon gets knocked out on the battlefield. Using the Eject Button as your Battle Item will aid in mitigating this complaint. When combined with the character’s Smoke Screen ability, it makes it almost impossible for enemies to bring you down. As long as you play carefully, the Pokemon will be able to zip around the map with this build.
Greninja Pokemon Unite stats
|Level||HP||Attack||Defense||Special Attack||Special Defense||Speed|
During the September 22 patch, Greninja’s Attack and HP stats were decreased, alongside a variety of skills changes. These have been reflected in Greninja’s stats in the table above.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
Greninja Pokemon Unite evolution level
All of Greninja’s evolutions are present in Pokemon Unite, with the exception of Ash-Greninja. Trainers will need to reach Level 5 with Froakie before transforming into Frogadier. At Level 7, the mon will evolve into its final form of Greninja.
|Froakie (Level 1)||Frogadier (Level 5)||Greninja (Level 7)|
How to unlock Greninja in Pokemon Unite
To unlock Greninja in Pokemon Unite, there are three different methods to use:
- Play the game for 14 days to unlock the ‘mon as part of your 14-Day Welcome Gifts.
- Purchase it with 10,000 Aeos Coins in the Unite Battle Committee Shop.
- Purchase it with 575 Aeos Gems in the Unite Battle Committee Shop.
Greninja Holowear skins in Pokemon Unite
Greninja currently has two Holowear skins available in Pokemon Unite. The Hero Style is available for 1050 Aeos Gems, whereas the Fashionable Style is considerably cheaper at 350 Aeos Gems.
While the Fashionable Style is a simple reskin, Greninja’s Hero Style will give you some cool visual effects for both movement and KO.
|Hero Style||Fashionable Style|
Best pairs for Greninja in Pokemon Unite
Despite being an Attacker Pokemon, Greninja can be quite squishy if not utilized correctly. Making sure you stick with Defenders such as Snorlax to provide a cushion, or the likes of Slowbro to help stun enemies so that Greninja can attack with deadly precision.
So, there you have it – that’s everything you need to know about Greninja’s best build, Battle Items, and Held Items in Pokemon Unite.
For more tips and tricks on becoming the ultimate player, check out the rest of our character guides and tips below:
Absol | Alolan Ninetails | Blastoise | Blissey | Charizard | Cinderace | Cramorant | Crustle | Eldegoss | Garchomp | Gardevoir | Gengar | Greninja | Lucario | Machamp | Mr Mime | Pikachu | Slowbro | Snorlax | Talonflame | Wigglytuff | Venusaur | Zeraora | All Held Items | All Battle Items | Best settings | Badge & medals explained