Trainers looking for the best Mamoswine build in Pokemon Unite have come to the right place. When using an optimal build of moveset, Battle Items, and Held Items, this Defender can become a force to be reckoned with.
In Pokemon Unite, the new MOBA title on Switch and mobile, Defenders play an important role. As well as protecting their weaker teammates from defeat, these tanky creatures need to defend goals to stop the opposing team from scoring.
Mamoswine is the latest Defender to join the Pokemon Unite roster, following closely behind Blastoise, and it’s a great choice for crowd control. It uses a mix of Ice-type and Ground-type moves to deal huge damage and stun enemies in their tracks.
Below, you’ll find the Sinnoh region Pokemon’s best build in Pokemon Unite, including the move path you should follow and the items to choose that will make it an indispensable addition to any team.
- Best moveset for Mamoswine
- Best Held Items for Mamoswine
- Best Battle Items for Mamoswine
- Mamoswine stats
- Mamoswine evolution level
- How to unlock Mamoswine
Best Mamoswine build in Pokemon Unite
From the best move path to follow, through to the Battle Items and Held Items that will give you that edge over the competition, here’s everything you need to know to maximize Mamoswine’s abilities.
|Ice Shard||Level 1||–|
|Icicle Crash||Level 6||Level 12: The final icicle leaves the opposing Pokémon it hits unable to act for a short time.|
|Earthquake||Level 8||Level 14: Decreases movement speed of opposing Pokemon and increases pulling effect.|
|Mammoth Mash (Unite Move)||Level 10||–|
Swinub can choose between Tackle or Ice Shard at the start of the match. You’ll get both moves eventually, but we’d recommend choosing Ice Shard first as it deals more damage and is great for farming XP, which you’ll need for Swinub’s slow evolution path.
At Level 6, when Swinub evolves into Piloswine, you’ll be offered Icicle Crash or Ice Fang. To play into Mamoswine’s great crowd control potential, go with Icicle Crash, a surprisingly powerful move that can damage multiple enemies in the area of effect.
- Read More: Every Pokemon in Pokemon Unite ranked
When Piloswine reaches Level 8, it’s a choice between Earthquake and High Horsepower. Both are great moves, but if your goal is to help your teammates and defend your goals, choose Earthquake for its crowd control factor and the ability to stun enemies.
|Held Item||Description||Max Stat Boost|
|Muscle Band||Increases basic attack damage.||Attack +15
Basic Attack Speed +7.5%
|Focus Band||Recovers HP for three seconds when the Pokemon drops to low HP.||Defense +30
Sp. Defense +30
|Buddy Barrier||When using a Unite Move, the attacker and its lowest-HP ally gain a shield.||HP +600|
- Muscle Band: Muscle Band is a great Held Item for any Pokemon in Unite, as it increases Attack Damage and boosts Basic Attack Speed. For Mamoswine, this means its already-potent moves become even deadlier – which is great for supporting your teammates.
- Focus Band: The Defense boost provided by Focus Band will make Mamoswine even tankier, while the HP replenishing effect should help Mamoswine stay alive after diving into groups of enemies with its crowd control moves like Earthquake.
- Buddy Barrier: Any Defender will benefit from using Buddy Barrier, so it’s an easy choice for Mamoswine. As well as granting the user and a nearby ally a shield when using a Unite Move, it also provides +600 HP when maxed out with Item Enhancers.
|Eject||Moves to a specified direction immediately.||55 Seconds||Trainer Level 11|
- Eject: Mamoswine doesn’t need too much help in the HP or Attack department, so there’s not really any need for Potions or X Attacks. The Eject Button, however, is a great escape plan in case Mamoswine gets overwhelmed with enemies while defending its teammates.
|Level||HP||Attack||Defense||Special Attack||Special Defense||Speed|
Trainers will start the match with Swinub, which evolves into Piloswine at Level 6, and finally evolves into Mamoswine at Level 10.
|Swinub||Piloswine (Level 6)||Mamoswine (Level 10)|
There are currently two ways to unlock Mamoswine in Pokemon Unite:
- Purchase it with 8,000 Aeos Coins in the Unite Battle Committee Shop.
- Purchase it with 460 Aeos Gems in the Unite Battle Committee Shop.
That’s everything you need to know about mastering Mamoswine in Pokemon Unite. As always, though, we recommend all Trainers try out different moves and items to see what works best for them.
For more tips and tricks on becoming the ultimate Pokemon Unite player, check out the rest of our character guides below:
Absol | Alolan Ninetails | Blissey | Charizard | Cinderace | Cramorant | Crustle | Eldegoss | Garchomp | Gardevoir | Gengar | Greninja | Lucario | Machamp | Mr Mime | Pikachu | Slowbro | Snorlax | Talonflame | Wigglytuff | Venusaur | Zeraora | All Held Items | All Battle Items | Best settings