Looking to figure out how to get a Manaphy Egg in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl? We’ve got everything you need to know about the Mythical Water-type right here, alongside how to get your very own Phione, too.
The adorable Water-type Pokemon, Manaphy, can be a great addition to any Trainer’s team in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl due to its great base stats and access to Tail Glow, especially after choosing to run with a starter that isn’t Piplup.
Thankfully, you’re able to get an Egg relatively early on in the remakes that’ll allow you to get a Manaphy of your very own, which can then also end up getting you an adorable Phione!
- How to get Manaphy in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl
- Download Manaphy Egg with Mystery Gift in Pokemon BDSP
- How to get Phione in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl
- Steps to get Phione in Pokemon BDSP
Obtaining the Manaphy Egg in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl is incredibly easy – to unlock it, you simply need to purchase the game and redeem the Egg in-game before February 21, 2022.
- Read More: All Rare Candy locations in BDSP
Once you’ve done that, you’ll need to first unlock the Mystery Gift feature by defeating the third Gym Leader, Maylene, who can be found in Veilstone City.
Having defeated Maylene and her Fighting-type ‘mon, simply follow the below steps.
Download Manaphy Egg with Mystery Gift in Pokemon BDSP
- From the game, press ‘X‘ to bring up the menu.
- At the bottom right, you’ll see the ‘Mystery Gift‘ tab. Select that.
- Once in the Mystery Gift menu, select ‘Get Via the Internet‘.
- Next, choose ‘Manaphy Egg‘.
That’s it! You’ll now have your very own Manaphy Egg ready to hatch. To do that, you now simply need to add the egg to your party and continue to walk around the Sinnoh region until the Mythical Pokemon is added to your Pokedex.
How to get Phione Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl
Phione was originally unlocked in the Gen IV titles through the game’s egg system, but Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl owners can get the Mythical much quicker thanks to the Manaphy Egg Mystery Gift.
- Read More: How to customize outfits in BDSP
Unlike Manaphy, however, owners will need to complete a few extra steps to get it, focused around the Pokemon Nursery in Solaceon Town. Once you’ve hatched your very own Manaphy from its Egg, follow these steps:
- Head out into the wild and catch yourself a Ditto.
- Find the Pokemon Nursery in Solaceon Town and drop off both your hatched Manaphy with a Ditto you’ve caught to breed.
- Continue to travel around Sinnoh.
- Return to the Nursery later and collect your Egg. If one isn’t there when you visit again, check back later.
- Add the egg to your party, and head out into the world again until it hatches.
- That’s it! You’ll now have your very own Phione ready to use in your party!
So, there you have it – that’s everything you need to know about how to get the Manaphy Egg and Phione in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl.
For more tips and tricks covering everything BDSP, check out our guides:
All Rare Candy locations | Where to find Cresselia | How to get the National Pokedex | Best starter to pick | Beating all Gym Leaders | How to get all Sinnoh starters | Best ways to make money | How to unlock Mystery Gifts | How to get Eevee | How to get Leafeon | How to get Glaceon | How to get Umbreon & Espeon | Where to catch Spiritomb | How to get Riolu & Lucario | Where to find Gible & Garchomp | How to unlock the Bike | All trade evolutions