If you’re wondering how to get the Ghost-type, Spiritomb – who is one of the trickiest ‘mon to catch in Pokemon BDSP – we’ve got exactly where you can find it and the Odd Keystone in Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl.
Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl is a modern reimagining of the classic 2006 DS titles, and despite being a largely faithful adaptation, Studio ILCA has made some new changes to the game’s well-known Sinnoh region.
One of those is the Ghost-type, Spiritomb, which is notoriously difficult to catch due to its lack of weaknesses. This guide will break down exactly how to get the Forbidden Pokemon, Spiritomb, including a new optional way that will make it easier for players in BDSP.
- How to get Spiritomb in Pokemon BDSP
- How to find the Odd Keystone
- How to find 32 players for Spiritomb
Trainers will be able to get Spiritomb for the first time in BDSP after defeating Gym two and visiting Hearthome City. Beware, however, as it will take some digging and patience before you can trigger the encounter.
In the original Diamond & Pearl, Spiritomb was tied to a social mechanic involving the Sinnoh Underground. In BDSP, that gimmick returns once again of course, but a new method gives it a slight twist by allowing you to instead converse with unique NPCs instead of players.
Below, you’ll find a set of detailed steps to help you to catch your very own Spiritomb in Pokemon BDSP – but it can take some time to complete:
- Trainers must first unlock the Grand Underground in Eterna City.
- After this, find the Odd Keystone by digging in the walls.
- After you get the Odd Keystone, return to Hearthome City and take the east exit to Route 209. As you head up to Solaceon Town, you will see a crumbled structure called the Hallow Tower. Walk up and interact with it.
- Trainers will then get a prompt to use the Odd Keystone. Select yes.
- Now you must go to the Grand Underground and talk to 32 players or 32 unique NPCs (excluding the Hikers).
- Once this step is complete, you’ll then need to return to the Hallow Tower.
- If you have talked to enough people, the tower will yell “Yulaaah!” and the encounter with Spiritomb will trigger.
If you make it to Hearthome City and still haven’t found the Odd Keystone through exploration, you will need to return to the Grand Underground. Players should head to either Twinleaf Town or Route 208 and use the Explorer Kit.
- While walking around the caverns, you will see yellow sparkles on the map. Walk up to the wall where each one is located and interact with it to trigger a digging mini-game.
- Getting the Odd Keystone is completely random, so you will need to keep digging in walls until you’re lucky enough to get it.
- If you run out of walls to dig, enter a Hideaway and exit it to respawn new locations to dig into.
- Keep repeating this until you find the cursed object.
Unlike the original games, Studio ILCA has made getting Spiritomb in Pokemon BDSP a tad bit easier by including special NPCs in the Grand Underground. Talking to these characters will also contribute towards your 32-player count, which is incredibly useful for those that don’t have an online connection.
- Read More: All Grand Underground Pokemon in BDSP
In order to find as many of these as possible, players should travel to each major city or route and go into the underground from each spot. You can also spawn new NPCs by entering and leaving a hideaway. For those looking to progress through this step a little quicker, though, it is still easier to connect to the online mode and run around until you find 32 players.
Spiritomb is without a doubt one of the hardest Pokemon to obtain in the Sinnoh region. Even if you are able to talk to 32 players quickly with the online mode, you have to still get the Odd Keystone.
- Read More: Pokemon BDSP Mystery Gift codes
That being said, the payoff is totally worth it, as the Ghost-type arguably has one of the most unique designs. Its powerful moveset also makes it a great counter against the Sinnoh Champion, who also uses the cryptic ‘mon themselves.
So, there you have it – that’s everything you need to know about how to get Spiritomb in Pokemon BDSP.
For more of our Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl coverage, check out our other walkthroughs & guides:
How to get Jirachi | How to get Mew | Version exclusives | All Legendary Pokemon | How to get the Poketch | Best starter to pick | All clothes styles | How to beat all Gym Leaders | How to walk with your Pokemon | How to get Shaymin in Pokemon BDSP | How to get Gible in Pokemon BDSP