If you’re wondering how to make castles in Minecraft, we’ve got everything you need to know, from the best building materials to use through to a step-by-step on castle blueprints.
Whether you wish to keep the nightmarish hordes of creepers at bay or just want to create a dazzling new home, building a Minecraft castle should be at the top of your list. While the best Minecraft seeds often feature small villages, there’s still nothing cooler than creating your very own fortress.
However, creating a castle in Minecraft can be a little tricky if you don’t have a blueprint or a particular idea to go off of in the game. Building one can take a lot of time, but serves as a sturdy hub for your latest adventure.
What’s more, it also allows you to keep your most prized loot safe from harm’s way.
- How to make a castle in Minecraft
- Best Minecraft castle building materials
- Minecraft castle blueprints
For those that wish to simply follow a castle blueprint, YouTuber Grian has made a fantastic castle that you can recreate for yourself and is a perfect template to utilize if you’re trying to get to grips with building a dream fortress of your own.
Before you get started, you’ll need to choose your castle’s building material and find a fitting location. Once you’ve decided on that, it’s time to begin laying down the foundations.
Follow these steps:
- Make two 15-block long walls directly opposite one another.
- Build four 3x1x3x1x3x1x3x1 towers at both ends of the first 15 block wall.
- Create two 9-block walls.
- Place two 3x1x3x1x3x1x3x1 towers at the end of both the 9 block walls.
- Begin building up the walls to whatever height you want to make them, leaving the towers to sit just above them.
- Begin putting blocks above and underneath the walls, except for the front of the castle.
- Put a one-block platform at the top of the four walls (inside the castle).
- Increase each tower’s height and build the four walls up even further.
- Fill in the roof with blocks.
- Fill in the towers and leave to a one-block wall around them all. This will allow you to sit at the top of each tower and survey your kingdom.
- Head over to the entrance and build an eight-block high wall and leave a space for a door in the center.
- Heighten the two entrance towers to any height you desire and fill in the roof.
- Begin placing windows around the castle’s walls and use wooden blocks to replicate that of a drawbridge.
After you’ve completed all of these steps, you’ll now have your very own castle, fit for ruling over whichever biome or seed that you please.
In Minecraft, castles can be made out of any material you wish, so you’ll simply need to harvest enough blocks of your preferred style to begin the building process.
If you want to create an incredibly sturdy castle that comes packed with high blast resistance, however, we’d recommend utilizing the following materials:
If the build above isn’t to your liking, there are lots of other Minecraft castle blueprints available over at Grabcraft. This handy website features plenty of community-built castles and ideas that are sure to ignite your imagination.
Once you’ve chosen a blueprint, simply follow the instructions to create your perfect Minecraft castle.
Here are a couple of the best Minecraft castle blueprints to get you started.
Small Minecraft castle blueprints
This build is perfect for anyone who wants to build a castle but doesn’t want to spend a lot of time or resources doing it. Louisdepoui’s small Minecraft castle is only 23 blocks high and only requires a total of 1404 blocks.
The castle itself has one tower and features a wooden roof, giving it a cozier look overall. If you’ve ever wanted to build a Minecraft castle on a mountain, this build is perfect to perch on and observe the land from.
Large Stone Minecraft castle blueprints
iOBu’s stone Minecraft castle is considerably bigger than the previous build, featuring a whopping 14836 blocks. There are four towers on the outside of the castle, with a smaller, circular one that protrudes from the very heart of the castle. Featuring plenty of windows to peek out of, this is the perfect place to barrage your enemies with deadly arrows.
The sheer scale of this castle would also make it the perfect place for you to safely house your Minecraft villagers.
So, there you have it – that’s everything you need to know about how to build a castle in Minecraft.
For more tips and tricks, make sure to check out more of our Minecraft guides:
Best Minecraft house ideas | Best Minecraft seeds in 2022 | Best shaders and texture packs | How to make a beehive | How to make a Grindstone | How to make Smooth Stone | How to make concrete | How to make potions | All sword enchantments | Best Minecraft servers | Best Minecraft mods to download