Valorant patch 5.06 is here with the first major update for Pearl along with notable buffs to the Stinger among various other updates that you can check out below.
The third patch for Valorant Episode 5 Act 3 is now live on the servers and there are quite a few notable changes in update 5.06. However, you should note that none of the Agents were affected by the current update as the primary focus remains on Pearl and the Stinger.
While patch 5.05 focused entirely on gameplay and social updates, the new update seems to be setting up the meta for the upcoming release of Agent 21. With that being said, keep reading for a detailed rundown of all the changes that were introduced with patch 5.06.
Valorant 5.06 patch notes
Similar to patch 5.05, even 5.06 features quite a few gameplay systems and social updates that will improve the quality of your experience in Valorant. Additionally, the developers have also provided fixes for several bugs in the game.
After the Valorant Champions Istanbul 2022 concluded with LOUD being crowned the victors, it is safe to say that the next patch will definitely feature some Agent updates. However, we have a complete overhaul of Pearl as well as buffs for the Stinger to test out until that happens.
Having said that, here’s the full list of changes in Valorant update 5.06 from the official patch notes.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
- Primary Fire error adjusted from 1.6 error after 7 bullets >>> 1.3 error after 6 bullets
- Alt-Fire first shot error adjusted from .5 >>> .35
- B Main – Lowered waist-high wall on the left side of B Main so that it can no longer completely hide anyone.
- Mid Shops – Clearing this area in Mid Shops is harder than we intended. By extending the platform, we’re still keeping some of the holding power for attackers, but making it easier to push this area.
- Mid Shops to Mid Plaza – This is another spot on Mid Shops that has proven to be painful to clear when trying to move through mid. So we’ve removed one of the corners.
- Mid Top – Mid currently favors attackers so we’ve pushed in a wall on Mid Top, to remove a 50-50 check. This should make it slightly easier for defenders to challenge mid.
- A Art – We noticed the difficulty both sides have had moving effectively through A Art. We’re simplifying the space so there are fewer areas to check.
- B Link – This box provides a good piece of cover for Attackers pushing B link, but it’s been tough to re-clear for defenders. We’re keeping a little attacker-side power, but making it easier for defenders to manage. The stack of boxes cover closer to the site will shift from the left side to the right, to simplify the number of angles approaching players need to consider, as well as close a difficult sightline to B Hall.
- A Main – Removing a cut-out on the wall of A Main to simplify the space, which should also make this area slightly easier for defenders to aggro into.
- A Main to A Site – This spot was unnecessarily tough to smoke effectively. By tightening the choke by a margin, we hope to make smoking easier and give a small buff to defenders (i.e, a new utility spot). The cubby on the right will also shrink slightly to keep it from being too deep.
- Disruptive Gameplay-based Behavior Indicator
- We’ve introduced a feature that will show at the end of the game screen, which players have been detected for engaging in disruptive gameplay-based behavior.
- This has been added to the following game modes: Unrated, Competitive, Spike Rush, and Replication, with more game modes to follow in the near future.
- Fixed issue with KAY/O’s Zero/point sometimes incorrectly displaying enemies that were hit on KAY/O’s UI
- Fixed a bug where Clutch Mutes would persist after the match ended
- Fixed a bug that prevented you from being able to respond to a whisper by clicking on the Riot ID of the player who sent the whisper in Chat
- Fixed a bug that caused the Social Panel to close when right-clicking into the Friend Note text field
- Fixed a bug where pending invites would not disappear after all friends have left the Party
- Fixed a bug where the incorrect system message was sent when accepting a friend request via the Match Tab in-game
So, there you have it, that’s everything included in Valorant update 5.06 patch notes. For more about the game, make sure to check some of our other Valorant content:
What is the Night Market? | How to get Gun Buddies | All Valorant skin bundles | Best Valorant Agents | When is Valorant on Mobile coming out? | Best Sentinels | Best Initiators | What is Econ Rating? | How to get free loot drops | Best Duelists | Is Valorant on Mac? | Best Controllers