Skye, the Australian eco-warrior Initiator Agent is an incredibly popular pick for those sneaky plays. If you’re looking to gain the upper hand on your opponents with her, we’ve got everything you need to know right here.
Skye is Valorant’s 13th Agent, and the first hailing from Australia. Called on by Sage to help save the world, she’s joining the Future Earth forces and sharing her wildlife expertise on the battlefield.
Skye is definitely not a hard fragger. As an Initiator, she will share a lot of responsibility for making sure her team can get onto site with ease. Thankfully, she’s got the perfect arsenal at her fingertips to be an effective attacker and defender.
Skye’s kit is all about utility. Whether it be saving her allies with healing, or helping breach sites with flashes and stuns galore, Skye can seemingly do it all. There is no part of her kit that plays for herself — although when it comes down to it, she can be the selfish Agent you need in a clutch.
- Ability 1 — Trailblazer: EQUIP a Tasmanian tiger trinket. FIRE to send out and take control of the predator. While in control, fire to leap forward, exploding in a concussive blast and damaging enemies.
- Ability 2 — Regrowth: EQUIP a healing trinket. Hold FIRE to channel, healing allies in range and line of sight. Can be reused until her healing pool is depleted. (Does not heal herself.)
- Signature Ability (2 free) — Guiding Light: EQUIP a hawk trinket. FIRE to send it forward, hold fire to guide it from afar. Re-use while the hawk is in flight to transform it into a flash that gives a “hit confirm” if an enemy is within range and line of sight.
- Ultimate Ability — Seekers: EQUIP a “seeker” trinket. FIRE to send out three seekers to track down the three closest enemies. If a seeker reaches an enemy, it nearsights them.
It’s pretty clear that Skye is a force to be reckoned with. Her Trailblazer is perfect for scoping out the battlefield before you rush in head first, and can tell you exactly where enemies are (and aren’t.) The added concussive effect makes sure that her Tasmanian Tiger also has some bite.
- Read More: Everything we know about Valorant Agent 14
While her Ultimate may seem similar to Trailblazer, it’s an essential tool to have on the battlefield. With no limits, her Seekers can find any enemies, so is perfect for trying to scope out the opposing team. The information you get can influence where to put the Spike, as well as let your team collapse on the nearsighted victim.
How to play as Skye
Skye’s Guiding Light is arguably the strongest part of her kit. The sound cue on the trinket leaving Skye isn’t particularly loud, so it’s hard to track. On top of that, Skye has total control over when it detonates. This means she can use them unpredictably, finding tiny angles you wouldn’t be able to find as Phoenix or Breach to flash enemies.
They are also way more flexible than any other flash in the game. They fly around erratically at Skye’s wish, with a huge sound cue if you flash an enemy. Use this to your advantage to not only scout where enemies are, but where they aren’t.
Her AOE Regrowth heal is also arguably stronger than Sage’s, although it has its drawbacks. It’s good to heal up a group of allies much more effectively than Sage. This makes it perfect for attacks, where players might take some splash damage on entry. However, for solo players, it’s a bit harder.
Skye’s utility is worth more than basically any gun in Valorant. While all other Agents should focus on buying utility before firepower, with Skye, it’s a must. It’s worth taking the downgrade on weaponry to get full utility just because of how powerful it is.
Dexerto’s take: The new Utility Queen of Valorant
With nerfs to the likes of Cypher and Killjoy in patch 1.11, and Sage sliding down in priority, it’s safe to say that Skye is the Utility Queen of Valorant. While her kit does have a high learning curve, those that master her will be a scary one-man army you’ll have to keep tabs on.
With flashes, stuns, and heals, there’s not much Skye can’t do when it comes to helping her team. While this playstyle will be very evident at the top level, those stuck in lower ranks might not see the same effectiveness. That being said though, healing Agents are stronger the lower you go.
If you want an Agent that can seemingly do it all for her team, and even set herself up for some huge clutches, Skye is the one for you.