In the Sinnoh remakes, players will have to obtain a special watch to access Hidden Moves and apps. Here is how to get the Poketch in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl.
While the Sinnoh remakes were marketed as “faithful” reimaginings of the original 2006 DS titles, Studio ILCA has promised to also bring many modern changes to Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl.
One of those updates is the Poketch watch. While players will mostly get the device the same way as the classic RPGs, there will be some new changes to the app machine for the 2021 title.
- Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl Poketch
- Where to get Poketch in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl
- How to unlock the Poketch
- Poketch Clown locations & quiz answers
- All Poketch App locations
- All HM locations
Players will need to get the Poketch to progress in the Sinnoh remakes.
Newcomers to the Gen IV titles will be introduced to the Poketch fairly early on in the game. The device is similar to smartphones in modern games where the watch screen will display various apps and features.
Unlike 2006’s Diamond & Pearl, however, Studio ILCA has used the 2021 remakes to make the device more essential as the watch will be how Trainers quickly access HMs (Hidden Moves), which have been greatly overhauled.
Below we will list where and how to obtain the Poketch in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl.
Based on the trailers and promotional material on the official website, it appears that the Poketch in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl will still be obtained in Jubilife City.
Players will get to the locale fairly early into the game. After leaving Twinleaf Town, make your way through Route 202 which will eventually lead you to Jubilife.
- Step 1: Once in Jubilife City, make your way to the Trainers School to find your childhood friend and rival. The building is located left of the Pokemon Center.
- Step 2: Give your rival the Parcel that his mom gave you. In return, you will then receive a Town Map.
- Step 3: After you have the map, head to the center of Jublife where the head of the Poketch company will approach you. The owner will then ask you to bring him three coupons from three clowns scattered around the city.
- Step 4: Find the three clowns and answer each of their quiz questions correctly to get their coupon.
- Step 5: Return to the center of town and give the owner the three coupons to receive the Poketch watch.
The first clown can be found pretty easily. After speaking to the head of the Poketch company, make your way north to the Pokemart nearby. The circus-themed NPC will be standing just right of the store’s door.
- Question: “Does a Pokemon grow by defeating others and gaining Exp. Points?”
- Quiz Answer: “Yes“
After finishing the first quiz, walk a few steps north from the Pokemart and immediately make a left until you reach the Jubilife TV station building. The second clown will be standing in front of the Jumbotron that shows a Clefable.
- Question: “Can a Pokemon hold an item?”
- Quiz Answer: “Yes“
Continue left from the TV station and you will find the final Clown standing in front of the Poketch offices (you can’t miss him!)
- Question: “Just like Pokemon, do the moves of Pokemon also have types?”
- Quiz Answer: “Yes“
- Digital Clock: Available from the start.
- Calculator: Available from the start.
- Memo Pad: Obtained in Jublife City. Talk to the President of Poketch after first Gym badge.
- Pedometer: Available from the start.
- Pokemon list: Available from the start.
- Friendship Checker: Obtained in Eterna City. Speak to a woman in the Pokecenter.
- Dowsing Machine: A gift from Dawn/Lucas once reaching Route 207.
- Berry Checker: Speak to the Berry Master located on Route 208.
- Egg Monitor: Drop off a Pokemon at the Solaceon Town Nursery. Exit and re-enter the building and speak to the man sitting down.
- Analogue Clock: Obtained in Celestic Town after speaking to an NPC.
- Marking Map: Obtained in Jublife City. Speak to the Poketch President after getting your third Gym badge.
- Coin Flip: After entering the Grand Lake Hotel, speak to a resident in the lobby.
- Calendar: Found in Sunyshore City after using the Rock Climb Hidden Move to access the house. The NPC will ask you to show him a Pokemon with a “serious” nature.
Talk to the Hiker in Oreburgh Gate. Then defeat Gym Leader Roark in Oreburgh City to be able to use it.
Once in Eterna City, Cynthia will give you the HM after walking in front of the Team Galactic Eterna Building. Defeat Gym Leader Gardenia in Eterna City to access it.
Given to you by the old lady NPC on Route 209 after reaching the fifth floor of the Lost Tower. Defeat Gym Leader Byron at Canalave City.
In Veilstone City, the Fly HM is found inside of the Team Galactic HQ Warehouse to the right of the entrance. Can be used after defeating Gym Leader Maylene.
Found in the Great Marsh. Pay for the Safari Game and immediately after entering the Marsh, look for a green-haired NPC who will give you the HM. Defeat Gym Leader Crasher Wake in Pastoria City to use it.
After giving Cynthia’s Grandmother the Old Charm in Celestic Town, she will reward you with the Surf HM. Defeat Gym Leader Fantina in Hearthome City to use it in your Poketch.
Rock Climb can be found on Route 217 Northeast of the Hiker’s house. Defeat Gym Leader Candice Snowpoint City.
Defeat Gym Leader Volkner at Sunyshore City. After the victory, the HM is given to you by Jasmine on the beach north of the city.
Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl Poketch features
And there you have it! That is everything we know so far about the Poketech in the Gen IV remakes.
For other Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl guides and walkthroughs, check out these:
All Rare Candy locations | Where to find Munchlax | Hardest Pokemon to catch in the Sinnoh region | Where to find Cresselia | How to find Heatran | How to get the National Pokedex | Best starter to pick