Shaymin is one of the most popular Sinnoh Legendary ‘mon due to its dual Formes, and it is finally available in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl.
The Grass-type has two Formes: Land and Sky, both with a different appearance. The former gives it a hedgehog-like look, while the latter transforms it into a deer. This makes it a fan favorite among trainers.
When Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl were first released, Shaymin was unavailable without cheating. That has now changed, though – here’s how to get it.
How to get Shaymin & switch to Sky Forme in Pokemon BDSP
As of February 27, 2022, you can now catch Shaymin in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl.
- Read More: Darkrai in Pokemon BDSP
Follow the steps below to obtain it:
- After getting Oak’s Letter via Mystery Gift, beating the Sinnoh Champion, and obtaining the National Pokedex, go back to Victory Road.
- Near the end of the tunnel, you’ll see an entrance on the right-hand side that was previously blocked.
- Enter and follow the path until you come across Professor Oak, who is standing in front of the Mirror Stone.
- Shaymin will appear before running off. Follow it, and you’ll eventually find it in a flower field where you can battle and catch it.
- After catching it, Fly to Floaroma Town and speak to a blonde-haired lady. She will give you the Gracidea Flower which changes the Mythical to its Sky Forme.
Now that you know about Shaymin, take a look at some of our other Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl guides and walkthroughs:
How to get Jirachi | How to get Mew | Version exclusives | All Legendary Pokemon | How to get the Poketch | Best starter to pick | All Styles | How to beat all Gym Leaders | How to walk with your Pokemon