In the Sinnoh remakes, Trainers can let their favorite ‘mon out of their Pokeball to travel around the world with them. Here’s how to walk with your Pokemon in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl.
Making its return from the likes of Pokemon Let’s Go and Sword & Shield, you can freely walk around and explore the Sinnoh region in Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl with your favorite ‘mon in tow – taking them out of their Pokeball.
If you’re unsure of the steps you need to take to let them out of their Pokeball home in the remakes, we’ve got everything you need to know right here.
- How to walk with your Pokemon in Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl
- How to let Pokemon out of their Pokeball in Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl
In the original Pokemon Diamond & Pearl, players could take a stroll with their favorite Pokemon after visiting a special park called Amity Square. Unfortunately, the ‘mon had to go back into their Pokeball after leaving the premises.
- Read More: How to customize outfits in BDSP
As this is no longer the case in the remakes, you’ll first need to complete a few steps before you can utilize the cute feature in your game, which we’ve listed below.
Reach Hearthome City
The walking with Pokemon feature is not unlocked from the start of Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl, with players needing to first progress through the story until they reach Hearthome City.
The location can be found fairly early on in the game and is accessible after defeating the second Gym Leader, Gardenia, in Eterna City. After that, Hearthome City is easily accessed by traveling along Route 208.
Enter Amity Square
Upon arriving in Hearthome City, and in a nod to the 2006 DS titles, players can unlock the walking with Pokemon feature after visiting Amity Square, which is located through the gates at the North-West or North-East of the city. Once you’ve reached them, simply follow these steps:
- Enter, walk through, and exit the Amity Square Gate.
- You’ll arrive in the park, and an NPC will be standing behind a desk with a red top.
- Walk towards them and they’ll stop you to talk.
- They’ll say that you can go for a stroll with ‘cute’ Pokemon, such as the Sinnoh starters, Pachirisu, Pikachu, and Buneary.
- You’ll now be able to choose one of your ‘mon to accompany you around the park, with any other cute ‘mon in your party heading out into the park themselves, up to a maximum of 6.
- After this, you’ll be able to explore and interact with your party. Pressing the ‘+’ button will call them to you wherever you are.
To unlock the ability to walk one of your ‘mon outside of the park, you now simply need to leave via the way you came, and the ‘Walk Together’ option will unlock after speaking with the NPC once more.
Upon leaving Amity Square, you’ll now be able to walk with any of your Pokemon – and not just the cute ones, either. However, you are only able to have one follow you at any time, so make sure to pick your favorite!
- Press ‘X‘ to bring up the game menu.
- Head over to ‘Pokemon‘.
- Next, choose the particular Pokemon you want to walk together with.
- Press ‘A‘ on them, and select ‘Walk Together‘.
- The game menu will close, and your chosen ‘mon will appear right next to you.
That’s it – they’ll now follow you throughout any outdoor locations in Sinnoh, disappearing when you enter buildings or head to the Grand Underground.
So, there you have it – that’s everything you need to know about how to walk with your Pokemon in Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl.
For more tips and tricks to help you on your journey throughout Sinnoh, check out our list of guides:
All Rare Candy locations | Where to find Cresselia | How to get the National Pokedex | Best starter to pick | Beating all Gym Leaders | How to get all Sinnoh starters | Best ways to make money | How to unlock Mystery Gifts | How to get Eevee | How to get Leafeon | How to get Glaceon | How to get Umbreon & Espeon | Where to catch Spiritomb | How to get Riolu & Lucario | Where to find Gible & Garchomp | How to unlock the Bike | All trade evolutions | How to customize outfits and Styles | Manaphy Egg guide