FIFA 22 ICON Swaps 1: Start date, objectives & rewards
After weeks of speculation, EA have finally announced FIFA 22 ICON Swaps 1, giving players the chance to earn some of the most valuable cards in the game. Here’s everything we know about all of the objectives, as well as the ICONs and pack rewards up for grabs.
With all the different special cards and promotions that hit FIFA 22’s Ultimate Team, there’s still nothing that compares to owning an ICON. Not only are these players some of the biggest names ever to grace the sport, but they also provide crucial chemistry links to help you build your squad.
The only downside is how rare they are to pack. Many will play religiously for the whole year and never see those prestigious white flares. That’s where ICON Swaps comes in.
ICON Swaps let players grind away to earn the ICONs, rather than keeping their fingers crossed with each opened pack. FIFA 22 ICON Swaps 1 has now been announced, and here’s everything you need to know about it.
What is FIFA 22 ICON Swaps
Put simply, ICON Swaps is FIFA 22 players’ chance to unlock ICONs through completing in-game objectives. EA gradually drop a series of challenges, each of which offers a numbered Swap Token.
At the beginning of the event, a ladder of SBCs will hit the FIFA 22 menus, each requiring more Swap Tokens than the last. As you earn more tokens, the quality of the ICONs or packs on offer to you increases.
Players have the choice to spend their tokens early and unlock multiple smaller rewards. Or they can go big and save all of their tokens to unlock one of the marquee ICONs at the top end of the ladder.
FIFA 22 ICON Swaps start date
ICON swaps 1 got started on Wednesday, December 15, 2021, with a second lot of objectives landing on Monday, January 10, 2022.
These latest objectives will be available to complete until February 7, 2022. Around this time, we expect ICON Swaps 2 to get underway, with a fresh lot of rewards and challenges.
FIFA 22 ICON Swaps 1 rewards
Not only are there big-name ICONs to be unlocked, but there are also some extremely generous packs up for grabs. These can be perfect for building up your club after a big SBC or saving until a big promotion.
If you’re not satisfied with the ICONs included, there are also some random ICON packs if you’re willing to take the risk.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
Now that the FUT Swaps event is officially live in FIFA 22, we can see the full lineup of ICONs and packs that players can grind for. Just remember that you can spend your tokens in any way you want, you don’t have to wait and save for the top prize if you don’t want to.
- 2 tokens – 25 x 81+ Player Pack
- 3 tokens – 25 x 82+ Player Pack
- 5 tokens – 25 x 83+ Player Pack
- 6 tokens – Mid Iker Casillas
- 7 tokens – Mid Rio Ferdinand
- 8 tokens – Base or Mid ICON Pack
- 9 tokens – Prime Marc Overmars
- 10 tokens – Mid ICON Pack
- 11 tokens – Mid Marcel Desailly
- 12 tokens – Base Alessandro Del Piero
- 13 tokens – 89+ Mid ICON Pack
- 14 tokens – Base or Mid ICON Player Pick
- 14 tokens – Prime Gianluca Zambrotta
- 16 tokens – Mid or Prime ICON Pack
- 17 tokens – Base, Mid, or Prime ICON Player Pick
- 17 tokens – Mid Wayne Rooney
FIFA 22 ICON Swaps objectives
Every edition of ICON Swaps comes with a mix of different objectives. In previous years, they could ask you to win a number of games on Squad Battles will a team featuring one nationality. It could also be a certain type of goal in a Friendlies mode, or they could simply require a number of Division Rivals wins with any team.
The first nine ICON Swaps Tokens are now up to be played for, locked behind a number of different objectives. You have 26 days to complete as many of these tasks as possible before they are replaced with the second batch.
Each objective highlighted in bold is worth one token, however, you may need to complete more than one challenge to earn it:
- Win 6 Squad Battles on min. World Class with 11 silver players in your starting squad
- EFL Championship
- Win 6 Squad Battles on min. World Class with 11 EFL Championship players in your starting squad
- Liga Portugal
- Win 6 Squad Battles on min. World Class with 11 Liga Portugal players in your starting squad
- Win 6 Squad Battles on min. World Class with 11 Italian players in your starting squad
- One Club Wonders
- Win 6 Squad Battles on min. World Class with 11 first owned players in your starting squad
- FUT Champions
- Win 13 FUT Champions matches
- Win 6 matches in Live FUT Friendly: One League with at least eight first owned Bundesliga players in your starting squad
- Score in 10 separate matches using Bundesliga players in Live FUT Friendly: One League
- Assist with a through ball in five separate matches using Bundesliga players in Live FUT Friendly: One League
- Ligue 1
- Win 6 matches in Live FUT Friendly: One League with at least eight first owned Ligue 1 players in your starting squad
- Score in 10 separate matches using Ligue 1 players in Live FUT Friendly: One League
- Assist with a through ball in five separate matches using Ligue 1 players in Live FUT Friendly: One League
- Premier League
- Win 6 matches in Live FUT Friendly: One League with at least eight first owned Premier League players in your starting squad
- Score using finesse shots in six separate matches using Premier League players in Live FUT Friendly: One League
- Assist in 10 separate matches using Premier League players in Live FUT Friendly: One League
There you have it, that’s everything you need to know about ICON Swaps 1 in FIFA 22. For more on FIFA 22, check out guides on how to complete these ICON SBCs:
Base Patrick Vieira | Mid Roy Keane | Mid Roberto Carlos | Mid Peter Cech | Mid Emmanuel Petit | Prime Fernando Torres | Base Clarence Seedorf