World of Warcraft Shadowlands has just received a new update: Chains of Domination. In patch 9.1, players can hop into Torghast to check out the new features from Blizzard. Before that, though, the first thing you’ll need to do is unlock it.
WoW Shadowlands initially breathed new life into the iconic franchise, and after a content drought of sorts, Chains of Domination updates Torghast. It also gives players brand new mounts to unlock, the chance to explore Korthia, and the new mega-dungeon, Tazavesh, to get stuck into.
Pre-sales for Shadowlands were rated as the highest of any other expansion in the title’s history and the release has seen fans old and new come together to explore WoW’s spooky new realm.
Even though the expansion has been out for a while now, one of the coolest aspects of the expansion is still the rogue-like dungeon.
- What is Torghast?
- Torghast changes in WoW Shadowlands: Chains of Domination patch 9.1
- How to unlock Torghast
Torghast is an essential part of WoW: Shadowlands for players. An infinite dungeon, it changes every time a player attempts a new run.
As players progress through the dungeon they’ll come across stronger enemies, and pick up Anima Powers that provide different boosts to your character. You’ll also collect Torghast’s unique currency, Phantasma. This can be used to purchase items and different Anima Powers from Broker Ve’ken to aid you in battle.
It’s also the only place you can collect both Soul Ash and Soul Cinders, which are vital for crafting Legendaries to improve your power out in the world.
Be careful, though! As you level up, your enemies do too, so you best be prepared to enter this tower of terror. Otherwise, you might just be losing the very items you covet.
In the newest patch, Torghast has seen a few changes that will mix things up going forward. These are:
- A new floor: Adamant Vaults.
- Brand new anima powers to check out.
- Blessings, new beneficial buffs that serve as a mirror to Torments.
- Four new layers (9-12).
- Players will receive more Soul Ash through each layer of Torghast.
- The Box of Many Things: a new talent system that will bestow new effects onto the player.
- Torments are now enemy buffs and player debuffs that appear after Layer 6.
- Players will now need to reach a minimum score before being able to progress to the next layer.
The total number of floors that players can complete in a Torghast run has also been lowered from 6 down to 5. The death counter has also been removed, due to The Tarragrue now being a boss in the Sanctum of Domination raid.
To unlock Torghast, you’ll need to be level 60 and have reached the expansion’s end. Not quite at 60 yet? Here’s a leveling guide to help you out.
Here are the steps to unlock Torghast:
- Choose a Covenant to pledge yourself to.
- You will receive a quest that takes you back to The Maw, completing this gives you access to Torghast.
- The Tower’s entrance is found in the Western Zone of the Ve’nari Refuge area of The Maw.
- Take the portal to the Tower.
That’s it! You’re now ready to explore and fight your way through Torghast, Tower of the Damned.
So, there you have it. Everything you need to know about unlocking Torghast in WoW Shadowlands: Chains of Domination.
For more guides to help you become the best champion Azeroth’s ever seen, check these out:
How to level up fast | WoW Chains of Domination release date | How to unlock Tazavesh | The best expansion to level through | New player guide for WoW Shadowlands: tips and tricks | How to farm gold in WoW Classic | Fishing guide for WoW Classic | How to install addons in Burning Crusade Classic | 5 best addons, ranked