Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3 soundtrack: Songs and more
Guardians of the Galaxy 3 has been dominating cinemas across the world, so here’s full details of the movie’s soundtrack and score, including all of the songs.
Big tunes are a huge part of the Guardians of the Galaxy universe. Peter Quill’s cassette tape provided the soundtrack for the first movie, and rock music has underscored both Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, and The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special.
As ever, there are two records being released to coincide with the release of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 – one being the film’s score, the other featuring pop and rock songs that play throughout the movie.
So read on to find out about the music and the songs of the third and final chapter in the GOTG saga.
Guardians of the Galaxy 3 soundtrack tracklist: All songs
The following is the full track listing for the Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 soundtrack…
- Creep (acoustic version) – Radiohead
- Crazy on You – Heart
- Since You Been Gone – Rainbow
- In the Meantime – Spacehog
- Reasons – Earth, Wind & Fire
- Do You Realize?? – The Flaming Lips
- We Care A Lot – Faith No More
- Koinu No Carnival – EHAMIC
- I’m Always Chasing Rainbows – Alice Cooper
- San Francisco – The Mowgli’s
- Poor Girl – X
- This Is the Day – The The
- No Sleep Till Brooklyn – Beastie Boys
- Dog Days Are Over – Florence + The Machine
- Badlands – Bruce Springsteen
- I Will Dare – The Replacements
- Come and Get Your Love – Redbone
You can listen the full Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 soundtrack on Spotify and other streaming platforms, while release details are below.
Why Vol. 3 features songs from the 1990s and 2000s
At the end of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Peter Quill receives a Zune MP3 player. Meaning he’s now not limited to songs from the 1970s. Though writer-director James Gunn says that came with its own set of pressures.
Gunn told Entertainment Weekly: “I worked twice as hard on this soundtrack as I did on both the first two soundtracks combined.”
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
The new song choices also reflect a more sombre mood for the movie, with Gunn telling Rolling Stone: “It doesn’t start with Come and Get Your Love. It starts with Radiohead’s acoustic version of Creep. And that’s just a much different tone from the beginning than the other two films.”
Notably, the movie concludes with Florence and the Machine’s Dog Days Are Over. Following its release, a video was shared of Florence Welch’s emotional reaction to her song’s use in the film.
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 score: Composer and tracklist
The ‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Original Score’ features music by composer John Murphy, who previously collaborated with James Gunn on The Suicide Squad and The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special.
The track-list is as follows…
- 1. Kits (1:36)
- 2. Warlock vs. Guardians (3:47)
- 3. That Hurts (1:36)
- 4. Batch 89 (1:47)
- 5. Orgoscope (1:43)
- 6. Mo Ergaste Forn (2:31)
- 7. Orgoscope Elevator (1:26)
- 8. Naming (2:25)
- 9. Dido’s Lament (3:57)
- 10. Hooray Time Forever! (2:22)
- 11. It Really Is Good to Have Friends (2:27)
- 12. Exploding Planet (1:23)
- 13. Face Off (2:39)
- 14. Into the Light (4:30)
- 15. Guardians vs. Hell Spawn (3:38)
- 16. Mantis and the Abelisk (1:11)
- 17. Use Your Heart Boy (0:54)
- 18. The High Evolutionary (2:56)
- 19. Domo! Domo! (3:48)
- 20. Who We Are (2:21)
- 21. Stampede (1:54)
- 22. Did That Look Cool? (2:44)
- 23. On the Spaceport (1:47)
- 24. I Love You Guys (2:15)
- 25. Mo Ergaste Forn (Full Version) (3:23)
- 26. All Life Has Meaning (2:02)
The score was released on May 3, 2023. As for the soundtrack, that was also released CD and Digital Download on May 3. It was then made available on 12″ 2-LP vinyl on May 5, followed by the cassette version on July 7.
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3 is in cinemas now. You can read our review here, while for more on the movie, head to our dedicated GOTG page, or check out the below articles…
Best Easter Eggs | Pete Davidson cameo | Who dies? | Counter-Earth explained | Number of post-credits scenes | Avengers: Infinity War reference | Phyla-Vell explained | Is Yondu in GOTG 3? | Chris Pratt wants to return | Lylla, Teef and Floor explained | Does Rocket die? | Doctor Moreau influence | Adam Warlock, hero or villain? | High Evolutionary explained | Soundtrack details | Description of post-credit scenes | All actors and characters | Runtime explained | Why Rocket is the MVP | Is it streaming? | What is Blurp? | Ending explained | GOTG movies ranked | Will there be a Vol 4?