Figuring out how to catch a Ditto in Pokemon Go remains a mystery for many Trainers, so here are the transform Pokemon’s current Ditto disguises for June 2022 to help make things that much easier.
Despite its introduction into Go in 2016, the transform Pokemon Ditto is still one of the trickiest ‘mon to catch. Trainers looking to complete certain Research objectives may find themselves at a loss at where to find the Normal-type amorphous blob.
That’s because the adorable Ditto disguises itself as different Pokemon in the game, and the roster of who it can transform into continually changes. Thankfully, there are a few different ways to catch the purple Gen 1 monster in June 2022.
Updated June 16, 2022, to add new Ditto disguises.
- How to catch a Ditto in Pokemon Go (June 2022)
- What Pokemon can Ditto be in Pokemon Go?
- Can Ditto hatch from an egg?
- Is Shiny Ditto in Pokemon Go?
The most important thing to be aware of when trying to catch a Ditto in Pokemon Go is that the transform Pokemon will never appear as itself – it will always be disguised as another species until you catch it.
The following tips should help you increase your likelihood of catching a Ditto in Pokemon Go:
- Incense: This can be used to increase spawn rates. While this is active, travel around and catch every monster that’s on the list above. For maximum effect, utilize this during a special event that increases the active effect time of Incense.
- Nearby Tracker: Using this feature allows you to see what Pokemon are close to your location. If any of the disguise list species appear, click them and head off to catch them.
- Lures: Once a day, throw down one of these at PokeStops. Look out for any of the monsters on the disguise list and catch every single one of them to increase your chances of finding a Ditto.
- Pokemon Go groups: Join a group on Facebook or Reddit. Players and friends will often share when a Ditto has been spotted, and other Trainers can go to that location for a limited time and find it.
- Catch with friends: Dittos are not unique to an individual player, so playing with friends can help to increase your chances of catching one.
While the above steps are useful to be aware of, it should be said upfront that catching a Ditto in Pokemon Go is a mixture of patience and luck. Similar to the mainline games, the lovable ‘mon shapeshifts and disguises itself as different Pokemon, so you won’t notice it until you catch one.
- Read More: Pokemon Go friend codes
As if that wasn’t challenging enough, Niantic also rotates out the selection of Pokemon that Ditto can change into every now and then, so you’ll need to keep up to date with the current crop of disguises.
As such, the most obvious step to follow is to catch every current disguise when you spot them in the overworld, which we’ve listed in the table below.
Below, you’ll find all of the Pokemon that Ditto can be disguised as in Pokemon Go:
|Current Ditto Disguises in Pokemon Go|
This list changed on June 16 with the beginning of the TCG Crossover Event, where Spinarak, Numel, and Bidoof were added to the list of potential Ditto disguises.
Should the list of Pokemon that can be caught change in the future, we’ll make sure to update you with any new additions or ‘mon that are rotated out.
No, players cannot hatch Ditto from an Egg in Pokemon Go. The only way to find one is by catching a disguised one out in the wild.
The short answer is yes, Shiny Ditto is available in Pokemon Go. Just like other Shiny variants in the game, though, encountering a Shiny Ditto is mostly about luck and persistence.
- Read More: Best Pokemon in Pokemon Go
Shiny Ditto was originally tied to Special Research that could only be claimed during the Kanto Tour event, but ever since it appeared as a Research Breakthrough in September 2021, the variant can now be encountered in the wild (if you’re lucky).
For a more detailed breakdown on just how to catch Shiny Ditto, check out our dedicated guide.
Now that you know how to catch a Ditto in Pokemon Go for June 2022, check out some of our other guides below:
Cutest Pokemon of all time | How to beat Cliff | How to beat Sierra | How to beat Arlo | How to beat Giovanni | Every Cat Pokemon on the Pokedex | Every Dog Pokemon on the Pokedex | How to get Sinnoh Stones | How to get Best Buddy status | Current Raid Bosses | Pokemon Go IV and CP explained | Pokemon Go promo codes