Perhaps one of the hardest Pokemon to find in Go, Ditto remains as elusive as ever for many Trainers. Here are the Gen 1 shapeshifter’s current Ditto disguises as of October 2021 and how to catch them.
Despite its introduction into Go in 2016, Ditto is still one of the trickiest Pokemon to find in the game. Trainers looking to complete certain Research objectives may find themselves at a loss at where to find the adorable Normal-type amorphous blob.
That’s because this Pokemon disguises itself as different characters, and the roster of who it can transform into continually changes. Thankfully, there are a few different ways to catch the purple Gen 1 monster in October.
- Ditto in Pokemon Go (October 2021)
- What Pokemon can Ditto be?
- Catching Ditto tips
- Can Ditto hatch from an egg?
- Is Shiny Ditto in Pokemon Go?
Ditto in Pokemon Go (October 2021)
Before we jump into it, it should be said upfront that catching Ditto in Go is a mixture of patience and luck. Similar to the RPGs, the lovable ‘mon shapeshifts and disguises itself as different Pokemon.
The most obvious step is to catch every Pokemon listed in the chart below when you spot them in the overworld. Players looking for the adorable creature will have to catch a handful of various characters across the map and hope that it turns into the purple blob.
- Read More: Pokemon Go Spotlight Hour schedule and guide
As if that wasn’t challenging enough, Niantic also rotates out the selection of Pokemon it can change into while retiring previous disguises once they get a Shiny version.
To mark the Season of Mischief, Niantic have retired a number of Pokemon including Hoothoot and Spinorak from Ditto’s roster, replacing them with new disguises including Ghastly, Drowzee, Dwebble, and more for Trainers to look out for.
What Pokemon can be Ditto? Ditto disguises in Pokemon Go (October 2021)
Here are all the current Ditto disguises. Should this list change in the future, we’ll make sure to update you with any new additions or ‘mon that are rotated out.
|Ditto Disguises in 2021|
How to catch Ditto in Pokemon Go
Though the table above will help you when out in the overworld, there are some steps that Trainers can follow to make the likelihood of catching a Ditto that much easier:
- Using Incense can be used to increase spawn rates. While this is active, travel around and catch every monster that’s on the list above. We recommend waiting for a special event that increases Incense from 60 minutes to three hours to get the maximum effect.
- Even if you are only casually looking at the overworld while at home, make sure to use the Nearby tracker feature which lists Pokemon that are close to you. If any of the above ‘mon appear, click them and head to their location on the map.
- Once a day, throw down a Lure at PokeStops. Look for any of the monsters on the list and catch every single one of them to increase your chances of catching Ditto.
- Join a local Pokemon Go group on Facebook or Reddit. Players and friends will often share when a Ditto has been spotted, and other Trainers can go to that location for a limited time and find it.
- Dittos are not unique to an individual player. If you or a friend finds a Ditto disguises as a Pokemon, the other player can also catch it if they can get to it in time.
Is Shiny Ditto in Pokemon Go?
The short answer is yes, Shiny Ditto is available in Pokemon Go.
Shiny Ditto was originally tied to Special Research that could only be claimed during the Kanto Tour event, but ever since it appeared as a Research Breakthrough in September 2021, the variant can now be encountered in the wild (if you’re lucky).
So, there you have it, everything you need to know about how to catch Ditto in Pokemon Go.
Looking for more tips and tricks to become the ultimate Trainer? Check out some of our Pokemon Go guides and lists below:
Spotlight Hour | Cutest Pokemon of all time | How to beat Cliff | How to beat Sierra | How to beat Arlo | How to beat Giovanni | Every Cat Pokemon on the Pokedex | Every Dog Pokemon on the Pokedex | How to get Sinnoh Stones | Pinap Berries guide | How to get Best Buddy status | Current Raid Bosses | How to get free Remote Raid Passes | Shop: Items list, prices, box changes | IV and CP explained | Type chart: Strengths and weaknesses | Field research rewards and tasks | List of free promo codes | Team Rocket Grunt guide