Pokemon Go’s Sinnoh Stone is needed to evolve certain species, but they’re not the easiest resource to find. Here’s how to get more Sinnoh Stones and evolve your Sinnoh-region Pokemon, including Honchkrow.
The name of the game in Pokemon has always been catching ’em all, and that’s no different in Pokemon Go. Most creatures can be caught in the wild or found in Raid Battles, while others need to be evolved after you’ve collected enough Candy.
But some Pokemon require more than just Candy to evolve; they need special items that are hard to find. One of these items is the Sinnoh Stone, which was introduced in 2019 and helps evolve Pokemon into forms first found in the Sinnoh region of Gen 4.
You might be wondering how to find Sinnoh Stones, what they’re used for, or which Pokemon can be evolved with them. Well, we’ve answered all those questions in our Sinnoh Stone guide below.
- How to get a Sinnoh Stone
- How to evolve Murkrow into Honchkrow
- Which Pokemon need a Sinnoh Stone to evolve?
Here are the three main ways to get a Sinnoh Stone in Pokemon Go:
- Earning a Research Breakthrough by completing seven Field Research tasks.
- Defeating a Team Go Rocket Leader.
- Winning PvP battles against other Trainers.
- Earning a Mystery Item in the Go Battle League.
The main way you can earn a Sinnoh Stone is by completing Field Research tasks, which give you stamps. You can earn one stamp every day, and if you earn seven, you’ll get a Research Breakthrough, which could reward you with a Sinnoh Stone.
You’ll also have a chance at receiving a Sinnoh Stone by defeating a Team Go Rocket Leader, by defeating other players in PvP Trainer Battles, or by earning a ‘Mystery Item’ reward in the Pokemon Go Battle League.
As you can see, there are a few different ways you can get your hands on Sinnoh Stones in the game, but they won’t come easily. It doesn’t matter which Pokemon you want to evolve, the methods of getting this item are the same.
During the Pokemon Go Spotlight Hour on Tuesday, October 26, 2021, Trainers will be able to encounter loads of Murkrow across the map. You’ll need to earn 100 Candy and have a Sinnoh Stone to evolve Murkrow into Honchkrow.
- Read More: How to get Mega Energy in Pokemon GO
Fortunately, this Spotlight Hour is the perfect chance to catch plenty of Murkrow as they will be spawning more frequently during the event. Use the methods above to earn yourself a Sinnoh Stone if you don’t already have one.
There are currently 18 Pokemon that can evolve with the help of a Sinnoh Stone in Pokemon Go. All of these forms were first found in Gen 4’s Sinnoh region, and evolve from previous generations.
Below you’ll find a list of Pokemon that can evolve with a Sinnoh Stone and 100 Candy:
- Aipom evolves into Ambipom
- Lickitung evolves into Lickilicky
- Tangela evolves into Tangrowth
- Yanma evolves into Yanmega
- Kirlia (male) evolves into Gallade
- Snorunt (female) evolves into Frosslass
- Rhydon evolves into Rhyperior
- Electabuzz evolves into Electivire
- Magmar evolves into Magmortar
- Togetic evolves into Togekiss
- Misdreavus evolves into Mismagius
- Murkrow evolves into Honchkrow
- Gligar evolves into Gliscor
- Sneasel evolves into Weavile
- Porygon 2 evolves into Porygon-Z
- Roselia evolves into Roserade
- Dusclops evolves into Dusknoir
- Piloswine evolves into Mamoswine
With Sinnoh Stones in short supply in Pokemon Go, it will probably take you a while to evolve every single one of these creatures, especially as each one requires 100 Candy alongside the Sinnoh Stone.
But as they can’t be found in the wild, this is the best way to add them to your Pokedex right now – unless you have a friend who’s willing to trade them with you, of course.
If you’re looking for more tips to become the ultimate Trainer, check out the rest of our Pokemon Go guides below:
Best attackers and defenders | Pokemon Go Spotlight Hour | Current Raid bosses | Arlo counters guide | Cliff counters guide | Giovanni counters guide | Sierra counters guide | Rocket Grunt guide| How to catch Ditto | Pinap Berries guide | Sinnoh Stones guide | Promo codes | How to get free Remote Raid Passes | Fastest way to get Best Buddy status | Pokemon Go catching tips