This Gen III fish is one of the hardest ‘mon to find in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl, and evolving it is just as much of a challenge. Here’s how to get Feebas and Milotic in BDSP.
The Water-type is the definition of the ugly duckling: it is absolutely hideous but when it transforms, it becomes an absolute beauty. Its evolution is a powerhouse, making it one of the most popular picks amongst Trainers, especially for the Elite Four and Sinnoh Champion.
Catching Feebas is no easy feat, and it needs a lot of patience. Even after you get the fish, evolving it into Milotic requires just as much effort. It is definitely worth it, though.
How to catch Feebas in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl
To get the Pokemon in BDSP, you need to get the Super Rod which you can’t actually obtain until you’ve beaten the Elite Four and the Sinnoh Champion. Once you’ve done that, speak to the sailor at the dock in Snowpoint City and he will transport you to the Fight Area. There’s a Fisherman there who gives you the Key Item.
Once you have the Super Rod, follow the below steps to get Feebas:
- Fly to Eterna City and take the right exit to Route 211 until you reach Mount Coronet.
- Once in the cave, use Rock Smash and Strength to head right and then north until you reach a set of stairs.
- Go down and you’ll enter a foggy area. Use the Defog HM and follow the path around until you see a lake.
- Use the Super Rod in this lake to catch Feebas. It has an insanely low spawn chance so be prepared to be here for a while. Make sure you change tiles after every fishing attempt!
- Eventually, you’ll hook the fish up. Patience is key!
How to evolve Feebas into Milotic in Pokemon BDSP
If you thought waiting for Feebas to spawn was annoying, evolving it into Milotic is just as much of a pain. To do this, the Gen III Pokemon needs to have its Beauty stat at the maximum.
- Read More: How to get Togepi in Pokemon BDSP
You can do this by:
- Feed Feebas Dry Poffins. The best Berries to create these are Charti, Chesto, Micle, Oran, Pamtre, and Wiki. You can make them at the Poffin House in Hearthome City after talking to the Pokemon Fan Club president.
- You’ll see its Beauty stat spike up. Keep feeding them until it reaches the maximum on the chart.
- Then, either battle with it or use a Rare Candy to level it up by one. If done correctly, it will evolve.
- Congratulations! You should now be the proud owner of Milotic, making all the hard work worth it.
Now that you have caught and evolved Feebas, take a look at some of our other Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl guides and walkthroughs:
How to get Jirachi | How to get Mew | Version exclusives | All Legendary Pokemon | How to get the Poketch | Best starter to pick | All Styles | How to beat all Gym Leaders | How to walk with your Pokemon