Shadow Mewtwo is one Pokemon that every trainer wants to catch. But how can you get ahold of it in Pokemon Go?
Currently, the mysterious ‘mon is not available to be caught in-game, and trainers everywhere continue to await the event that allows them to catch the Legendary Gen 1. Previously, Professor Willow asked for players’ help investigating Team Rocket in an event.
In short, there won’t be many opportunities to capture Shadow Mewtwo, if any more at all. However, this article will be updated as any new information becomes available.
An Inter-egg-sting Development – All tasks and rewards
The last event we got that gave us a chance at catching Shadow Mewtwo was the Inter-egg-sting Development Special Research. All tasks and rewards for event were:
- Spin 5 PokeStops – 500 Stardust
- Defeat 3 Team GO Rocket Grunts – 500 Stardust
- Catch 1 Shadow Pokemon – Meowth encounter
- Rewards: 500 Stardust, 10 Pokeballs, 10 Razz Berries
- Catch 5 Shadow Pokemon – 750 XP
- Make 3 Nice Curveball Throws in a row – 750 XP
- Purify 5 Shadow Pokemon – 750 XP
- Rewards: 1,500 Stardust, 10 Great Balls, Larvitar encounter
- Defeat a Team GO Rocket 3 times – 1,000 XP
- Hatch 3 Eggs – 1,000 XP
- Earn 5 Candies walking with your Buddy – 1,000 XP
- Rewards: 1,500 Stardust, 3 Golden Razz Berries, Toxicroak encounter
- Defeat Team GO Rocket Leader Arlo – 1,250 XP
- Defeat Team GO Rocket Leader Cliff – 1,250 XP
- Defeat Team GO Rocket Leader Sierra – 1,250 XP
- Rewards: 5 Hyper Potions, Super Rocket Radar, 3 Revives
- Find the Team GO Rocket Boss – 2,500 Stardust
- Battle the Team GO Rocket Boss – 1,500 XP
- Defeat the Team GO Rocket Boss – 3 Silver Pinap Berries (Rescue Shadow Mewtwo)
- Rewards: 3,000 Stardust, 1 Fast TM, 1 Charged TM
- Claim Reward – 2,000 XP (x3)
- Rewards: 3 Revives, 20 Great Balls, 1 Elite Charged TM
To purify or keep as a Shadow Pokemon?
As Shadow Mewtwo was a standard Shadow encounter, it didn’t have IV floors of 10.
- Read More: Pokemon Go May Community Day
In addition to this, Shadow Mewtwo is an incredible attacking Pokemon. However, its purified form, while powerful, isn’t as noteworthy when it comes to the Pokemon Go meta.