Kiriko is a new Support hero that arrived in Overwatch 2 through the Season 1 Battle Pass. Here’s everything you need to know about Kiriko, including her abilites and how to unlock her.
With Overwatch 2 introducing brand new elements to the beloved fast-paced first-person shooter, one character has caught the eye of many. Kiriko was the first hero to arrive in Overwatch 2 Season 1, and she’s just as powerful in Season 2.
We’ve compiled the ultimate Kiriko guide so you can hit the ground running when playing her. Here’s everything you need to know about Kiriko and how you can thrive when fighting with her.
- Overwatch 2 Kiriko Lore
- Kiriko’s Weapon
- Kiriko’s Abilities
- How to play Kiriko: Tips
- Kiriko Skins
- How to unlock Kiriko in Overwatch 2
Kiriko’s Lore in Overwatch 2
Kiriko comes from a line of protectors, who followed traditional paths to both protect and heal those in Kanezaka. Her Grandmother followed the Fox Spirit, which granted her healing powers, whereas her mother followed the Path of the Blade.
Kiriko developed skills in both paths, combining the two gifts to emulate both destruction and healing. Together, Kiriko followed her own path to be a hero for those who need her. Her origin story can be found below.
Kiriko has two main weapons in Overwatch 2, her Healing Ofuda and her Kunai. Both have their unique uses and should be used carefully.
Kiriko’s Healing Ofuda essentially allows you to throw paper-like talismans at your teammates. Thankfully, the Ofuda does have a homing element to it so your aim doesn’t have to be entirely true when you’re in a pinch. Hitting your teammates with this weapon will heal them.
The Kunai is more damaging than the Healing Ofuda but is still not hugely dangerous. Instead, this weapon is tailored around critical hits. Aim for the head and you’ll be taking enemies down quickly and efficiently.
Kiriko has four abilities that primarily help you get across the maps quickly and support your teammates with ease.
- Wall Climb
- Jump towards walls to climb them.
- Swift Step
- Lets you teleport directly to an ally, ignoring any walls in the way.
- Max range: 30 meters
- Cooldown: 7 seconds
- Protection Suzu
- Grants you a projectile that causes allies in the area to be invulnerable and cleansed of most negative effects.
- Healing: 50
- Duration: 0.75 seconds
- Cooldown: 14 seconds
- Kitsune Rush: Ultimate
- Summons a fox spirit that increases your allies and your own movement, attack speed, and cooldowns.
- Move. speed:+50%
- Max. range:25m
- Rate of fire:+25%
- Duration:10 seconds
- Cooldown:+60% cooldown reduction
How to play Kiriko: Tips
Due to Kiriko being primarily a support character, you’ll need to take care when using her. It’s recommended you aim carefully with the Kunai since headshots are where the real damage happens. You should also be careful when using your Ultimate and healing abilities due to the lengthy cooldowns and the value of their powers.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
Lastly, Kiriko isn’t just there to help her teammates. Use Swift Step and Wall Climb to get a great advantage on the enemy and keep your ultimate in the front of your mind, especially when rushing with teammates.
There are plenty of different skins for Kiriko, most of which are in rotation on the Overwatch 2 store. The skins for Kiriko are:
- Ajisai / Fuji / Take / Tanpopo
The legendary Streetwear skin was available via Twitch drops, but is unclear at the moment if there will be another opperunity to unlock it now that the window has closed.
How to unlock Kiriko in Overwatch 2
Kiriko is now unlocked through a series of in-game challenges that can be completed at any time. The Spport hero was orignally unlocked through the Season 1 Battle Pass, but Blizzrad have given players the chance to play as her even after the season ended.
Check out all of the challenges that must be completed to unlcok Kiriko in Overwatch 2 below:
- Wins for Kiriko: Win 35 games queued as All Roles, or playing Support heroes in Quick Play, Competitive Play, or No Limits.
- Practice Kunai Crits: Get 2 critical kills with Kunai in the Practice Range as Kiriko.
- Practice Healing Ofuda: Heal 250 damage with Healing Ofuda in the Practice Range as Kiriko.
- Practice Protection Suzu: Use Protection Suzu on 2 allied bots simultaneously in the Practice Range as Kiriko.
- Practice Swift Step: Use Swift Step through a wall to an allied bot in the Practice Range as Kiriko.
- Practice Wall Climb: Use your passive, Wall Climb, in the Practice Range as Kiriko.
- Practice Kitsune Rush: Buff 2 allied bots simultaneously with Kitsune Rush in the Practice Range as Kiriko.
Not only do these challenges permantly unlock Kiriko in Overwatch 2, they also serve as a crash course on how make the most of her abilites before heading into a real match.
There you have it! That was everyhting you need to know about Kiriko in Overwatch 2, all that’s left to do is put our tips into practice.
For more on Overwatch 2, se sure to check out our other guides
All Overwatch 2 characters | Overwatch 2 review | Sojourn guide | Junker Queen guide | Kiriko guide | Overwatch 2 server status | How to download Overwatch 2 | How many people play Overwatch 2? | Ramattra guide