Pokemon Sword and Shield players can get their hands on some of the coolest free Mystery Gifts and if you would like to claim them, there are some tricks you need to know about. They do have deadlines, though, so act fast!
With both expansions for Sword and Shield — The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra — released, there’s nothing stopping us from opening some special presents in the Galar Region this year, with the chance to get ahold of a number of useful items for a limited time.
If you’re looking to catch ’em all in these Pokemon games, opening some mystery gifts will certainly help you along the way. So, let’s take a look at what you can claim and how it all works.
Mystery gifts mostly have different variants of PokeBalls in them, but recently actual Pokemon have been added to the mix.
How to get Mystery Gifts in Pokemon Sword & Shield
Mystery Gifts can be unlocked in a number of ways. Occasionally, there will be free codes linked to an event like a Pokemon anniversary or new release. Players can also unlock Mystery Gifts through Ranked Battles and in-game events.
Claiming your Mystery Gifts in Pokemon is easy, but it won’t be available until you complete the game’s first event in Slumbering Weald. This is where you encounter Sword or Shield’s legendary Pokemon for the first time.
Once you’ve done this, follow the steps below to claim your Mystery Gift:
- Load up Pokemon Sword or Shield.
- Open the game menu by pressing X and select Mystery Gift, with the pink present icon.
- Select the Get A Mystery Gift option.
- Choose which method you want to use to receive a gift. If you have a code, select the Get With Code/Password option.
- Collect your gifts and enjoy!
Pokemon will be added to your Party or your Pokemon Boxes if there’s no room. Fashion items can be found by visiting the fitting room of any in-game boutique. Non-fashion items will appear in your Bag.
You can see previously downloaded gifts by choosing ‘Check Mystery Gifts’ in the menu.
Active Pokemon Sword & Shield codes (April)
There are typically plenty of wonderful gifts and rewards that players can claim for their journey across Galar.
Currently, however, there is only one working code for Pokemon Sword & Shield.
- WPF1NALSPC3: Weakness Policy – (Expires April 26, 2021)
Make sure to check back, as we’ll update you as any changes occur. Expired codes can be found below.
- P1KACHUGET: Ash’s Pikachu – Nov 2020
- 1CH00SEY0U: Partner Cap Pikachu – Nov 2020
- P1KAADVANCE: Hoenn Cap Pikachu – Nov 2020
- V0LTTACKLEP1KA: Sinnoh Cap Pikachu – Nov 2020
- P1KABESTW1SH: Unova Cap Pikachu – Nov 2020
- KAL0SP1KA: Kalos Cap Pikachu – Nov 2020
- ULTRAP1KA: Alola Cap Pikachu – Nov 2020
- K1NP1KA1855: World Cap Pikachu – Nov 2020
- P25MUS1C: Singing Pikachu – Mar 2020
- ADVENTUREB9F: 12 Exp, Candy XL, 12 Big Nuggets – Apr 2020
- DREAMB1GPC3: Dream Ball – Apr 2020
On that note, there we have it! Those are all of the ways we have found to receive a free mystery gift in Pokemon Sword and Shield. If we find any more, we’ll update this article with more codes and tricks.