New or returning players jumping into the world of Pokemon Go are going to need a tonne of items to aid them on their journey through the real world to catch ’em all. Here, you’ll find all of the current items you can get your hands on as you venture out to fill up your Pokedex.
The Pokemon Go game shop sells various items, upgrades, boxes of bundled goods – even cosmetics. The store is often updated, with new items being added to boxes to offer players fantastic deals to add into their arsenal.
How to earn and buy PokeCoins
You can access the store by clicking the main menu (the PokeBall in the center) and then clicking shop. The amount of PokeCoins you have available to spend is shown at the very top.
PokeCoins can be earned by defending gyms. You can one PokeCoin for every 10 minutes you are defending one, at a maximum rate of 50 in a 24 hour period.
They can also be purchased at a rate of 100 per $1. They also become better value the more you buy, which is shown in the list below. North America has a better deal here, though, as 550 PokeCoins cost $4.99, but also £4.99 in the UK.
Special offers – Limited time only boxes
There are always limited only boxes in the Pokemon Go Shop. There are several items that you can buy in one box, which work out a lot cheaper than buying them individually.
These are always being changed, as with the current box sale that rewards players with more items, including:
- Starter Box – $2.99/£2.99 – One time only: 3x Premium Battle Pass, 3x Super Incubator, 30x Poke Ball, 3x Lucky Egg
- Ultra Box – 1,480 PokeCoins: 16x Premium Battle Pass, 5x Star Piece, 6x Incense, and 5x Lucky Egg
- Adventure Box – 1,480 PokeCoins: 16x Super Incubator, 4x Incense, 2x Egg Incubator, and 2x Poffin
- Special Box – 480 PokeCoins: 1x Premium Battle Pass, 2x Super Incubator, 2x Incense, and 50x Poke Ball
- Daily Free Box – FREE – 1x Poke Ball, 2x Great Ball, 1x Potion
- Event Box – FREE – 1x Remote Raid Pass, 15x Ultra Balls, 15 Razz Berry
May also provides players with a free box every Monday this month, in which you can claim a variety of goodies to bolster your adventures.
Great news, Trainers! Every Monday in May, a free one-time bundle containing a Remote Raid Pass will be available in the in-game shop! pic.twitter.com/6uNIStgLjh
— Pokémon GO (@PokemonGoApp) May 6, 2021
You can also purchase an array of items individually. While these prices have been known to change, they invariably stay the same. Those items are as follows:
- Remote Raid Pass – 100 PokeCoins: Pass to join a Raid Battle remotely
- 3 Remote Raid Passes – 250 PokeCoins
- Premium Battle Pass – 100 PokeCoins: A pass that can be used to join a Raid Battle
- Egg Incubator – 150 PokeCoins: Incubates an Egg as you walk until its ready to hatch, breaks after 3 uses
- Super Incubator – 200 PokeCoins: Same as Egg Incubator but hatches eggs 33% quicker
- Poffin – 100 PokeCoins: Fed to your buddy which will make it happily join you on the map for an extended duration
- 20 Poke Balls – 100 PokeCoins: Basic ball used to catch Pokemon
- 100 Poke Balls – 460 PokeCoins
- 200 Poke Balls – 800 PokeCoins
- Incense – 40 PokeCoins: Lures wild Pokemon to your location for 30 minutes
- 8 Incense – 250 PokeCoins
- Star Piece – 100 PokeCoins: A small shard of a beautiful gem. Earns 50% more Stardust for 30 minutes
- 8 Star Pieces – 640 PokeCoins
- 10 Max Potions – 200 PokeCoins: Completely restore the HP of one Pokemon
- Lucky Egg – 80 PokeCoins: Earns you double XP for 30 minutes
- 8 Lucky Eggs – 500 PokeCoins
- 6 Max Revives – 180 PokeCoins: Fully revives fainted Pokemon to their maximum HP
- Glacial Lure Module – 200 PokeCoins: Frosty Lure Module that attracts more Pokemon to you for 30 minutes and can cause evolution
- Mossy Lure Module – 200 PokeCoins: Natural Lure Module that attracts more Pokemon to you for 30 minutes and can cause evolution
- Magnetic Lure Module – 200 PokeCoins: Electronic Lure Module that attracts more Pokemon to you for 30 minutes and can cause evolution
- Lure Module – 100 PokeCoins: A Module that can be put on a PokeStop and attracts Pokemon for 30 minutes – other Pokemon Go players benefit too
- 8 Lure Modules – 680 PokeCoins
Pokemon Go shop upgrades
Upgrades are different to items whereby you retain the benefit of them going forward. There are currently three upgrades in Pokemon Go which are as follows:
- Item Bag – 200 PokeCoins: Increases the maximum number of items you can carry by 50
- Pokemon Storage – 200 PokeCoins: Increases the maximum number of Pokemon you can store by 50
- Team Medallion – 1,000 PokeCoins: Allows you to change team (Instinct, Mystic or Valor) – can only be purchased once every 365 days
To buy any of the above you need PokeCoins. These are in the in-game currency for the Pokemon Go Shop.
- Read More: Pokemon Go raid bosses: May
You can currently only earn these in the game by defending gyms and even when doing that it can be time-consuming to build up a large stash. Alternatively, you can buy them with real money, though. Let’s take a look at the cost:
- 100 PokeCoins – $0.99 (£0.79)
- 550 PokeCoins – $4.99 (£4.99)
- 1,200 PokeCoins – $9.99 (£9.99)
- 2,500 PokeCoins – $19.99 (£19.99)
- 5,200 PokeCoins – $39.99 (£38.99)
- 14,500 PokeCoins – $99.99 (£99.99)
This page will be updated as and when prices change or new items arrive in the Pokemon Go Shop. All prices have been obtained directly from the Pokemon Go app. Make sure to also check out our guide on the best Pokemon for the Retro Cup!