YouTube star Jake Paul defeated former UFC fighter Ben Askren in the Triller Fight Club PPV Main Event with an impressive first-round knock-out that shocked the world and made a statement.
- Jake Paul knocked out Ben Askren in the first round.
- Regis Prograis defeated Ivan Redkach after a controversial low blow.
- Pete Davidson stole the show with his ruthless commentary.
Triller Fight Club PPV Schedule & Results
The event started off with two free-to-watch preliminary bouts, followed by the main card which consists of four fights leading up to the main event. Here’s a list of all the results, including who won and how they managed to pull it off.
- Welterweight: Quinton Randall def. William Jackson via Decision.
- Light heavyweight: Junior Younan def. Jeyson Minda via Decision.
- Light Heavyweight: Joe Fournier def. Reykon via TKO, Round 2.
- Heavyweight: Steve Cunningham def. Frank Mir via Decision.
- Super Lightweight: Regis Prograis def. Ivan Redkach via Decision.
- Cruiserweight: Jake Paul def. Ben Askren via TKO, Round 1.
Who performed at Jake Paul vs Ben Askren?
Paul vs Askren was more than your usual boxing match; taking notes from KSI vs Logan Paul II and Jake Paul vs Nate Robinson, it featured a slew of the music industry’s biggest names and even the debut of a new (but wholly old-school) rap group.
Everyone from Doja Cat, Saweetie, Justin Bieber, and The Black Keys to Hip Hop veterans Ice Cube and Snoop Dogg put on a wild show.
Snoop Dogg didn’t just perform though, he also commentated the event alongside Pete Davidson, Mario Lopez, and seasoned boxing analysts including Ray Flores, Al Bernstein, and Mike Coppinger.
TikTok stars Charli and Dixie D’Amelio also made an appearance too. They were in charge of putting the belts on the winners after each fight.
The start of Ben Askren vs Jake Paul
Jake Paul was desperate to find a worthy challenger after his win over Nate Robinson, but nobody except Ben Askren stepped up to the plate. He accepted the fight by posting a short video on Twitter, which made it official.
Since the fight’s official announcement in January, Askren and Paul have had some heated interactions, with the two even getting into a physical altercation at their pre-fight press conference in late March.
(Staredown starts at 2:29:40)
However, it was a bizarre yet intriguing event that created headlines around the world from start to finish.