Jake Paul went the distance and defeated former UFC Welterweight champion Tyron Woodley after an impressive eight-round performance, showing the world he truly is a professional fighter.
- Jake Paul defeated Tyron Woodley by split decision
- Amanda Serrano beat Yamileth Mercado to retain featherweight titles
- Tommy Fury wants to take on Jake Paul next
Jake Paul went into the fight as the clear-cut favorite, and after eight rounds, he defeated Tyron Woodley via split decision.
It was his hardest challenge to date, and the first time he had to fight more than two rounds.
Woodley started off a little flat-footed but picked up the momentum as the fight went on — even landing a huge blow on Paul in the fourth round.
But in the end, Paul was more calculated and clinical and showed the world why he’s worthy of being considered — even by cynics — a professional fighter.
Jake Paul wasn’t necessarily happy with the result though, calling the split decision “bullsh*t”. Woodley, who thought he won the fight, will be even unhappier, and a potential rematch is certainly on the cards.
On the undercard, Amanda Serrano comfortably beat Yamileth Mercado via unanimous decision to retain the unified featherweight titles and continue her legacy, but the challenger also earned many new fans for having the courage to step into the ring against a legend.
Tommy Fury didn’t set the world on fire with his performance against Anthony Taylor.
However, he got the job done via unanimous decision and believes he did enough to warrant becoming Jake Paul’s next opponent.
Jake Paul vs. Tyron Woodley PPV Schedule & Results
The event was a spectacle from start to finish. Not only were the preliminary fights entertaining, but the action and intensity ramped up before culminating in the main event.
- Read More: Dana White responds to Jake Paul’s threat
Here’s a list of all the results:
- Jake Paul defeated Tyron Woodley via split decision
- Amanda Serrano (c) defeated Yamileth Mercado via unanimous decision
- Daniel Dubois defeated Joe Cusumano via first-round knockout
- Montana Love defeated Ivan Baranchyk via seventh-round TKO
- Tommy Fury defeated Anthony Taylor via unanimous decision
- Charles Conwell defeated Juan Carlos Rubio via third-round TKO
It doesn’t matter whether you’re a boxing fan, a mixed-martial-arts fan, a neutral viewer, or even a hater.
There was something special about this event, and everyone was sitting on the edge of their seats the whole time.
And after yet another impressive win, it begs the question: what’s in store next for Paul?