All Modern Warfare 3 game modes
Modern Warfare 3 has just hit the shelves, showcasing a diverse array of game modes. While the campaign has faced criticism in early reviews, the title offers a multitude of modes for players to explore and enjoy.
Modern Warfare 3 is basically a direct sequel to Modern Warfare 2 which was released in 2022. Therefore, players can expect a lot of similarities with regard to playable modes and how the game functions.
However, it is a new title, which means, there is a bunch of new content and players want to learn more on what to expect from the game later on. The developers have already confirmed the maps that will be released and it is safe to say that there will be several new bundles to choose from.
Here are the confirmed game modes for Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3.
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3: All confirmed game modes
The various game modes you will get to play in Modern Warfare 3 are:
- Cutthroat: Engage in vicious 3v3v3 combat, where the last team standing or that captures the overtime flag wins the round.
- Team Deathmatch: Use teamwork to eliminate enemy players and reach the score limit.
- Domination: Capture and hold up to three flags to gain points for your team.
- Search & Destroy: Teams alternate between detonating and defusing a bomb. No respawns.
- Hardpoint: Capture and hold the Hardpoint (a zone that shifts to several locations during the match) to earn points for your team.
- Kill Confirmed: Eliminate enemies and grab the Dog Tags they drop to score for your team. Pick up your teammate’s tags to deny the enemy from scoring.
- Free-For-All: Defeat everyone. The first player to reach the score limit ends the game. The top three players win.
- Control: Take turns attacking and defending the objective.
- War: Progress through linear objectives to push the battle line and win.
- Gun Game: Be the first player to score a kill with each one of the provided weapons.
- Ground War: Large-scale conflict featuring vehicles. Capture and hold objectives to score. Capturing objectives opens forward spawning locations for your team. Like Domination, but with more objectives.
- Invasion: A massive and chaotic battle with a mix of Players and AI fighting alongside each other and against each team.
This is all we know about the confirmed game modes in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3. If you found it informative, do not forget to check out some of our other guides at Dexerto. We will update this article with more information once it becomes available.
Best Modern Warfare 3 AR class loadouts | Every confirmed map in Modern Warfare 3 | Does Modern Warfare 3 beta have split-screen? | How to slide cancel in Modern Warfare 3 | Best controller settings in Modern Warfare 3 | Can you get a Nuke in the Modern Warfare 3 Beta? | All maps & modes | How to play Modern Warfare 3 at 120 FPS on PS5 | Modern Warfare 3 TTK