The March 27 Fortnite Battle Royale update has officially gone live on PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and mobile devices, and we've got the full patch notes to make sure you know everything you will see in the v8.20 update.
The v8.20 update officially went live at 2 AM PT / 5 PM ET / 9 AM GMT on Wednesday, March 27, and included downtime, with matchmaking disabled while Epic Games added the new patch to the game.
While players had to wait until the downtime to see the full patch notes, Epic Games had already confirmed a number of additions and changes before the update went live, meaning Fortnite fans had a good idea as to what they could expect from the v8.20 patch.
One of the confirmed additions that had already been revealed to be part of the v8.20 update was the brand new Poison Trap, which was announced on March 25 in the in-game announcement screen.
The Uncommon rarity trap can be placed on walls, floors and ceilings, and is exclusively found from Floor Loot.
The trap fires Poison Darts over a distance of three horizontal grid cells or four vertical grid cells, and deals 10 damage for eight ticks over a seven second period. This means the trap can deal a total damage of 80 in one full hit, with the poison bypassing shields and applying damage directly to a player's health.
The brand new Poison Trap is set to make its debut in Fortnite via the v8.20 update.
Epic Games' official announcement for the brand new ranked playlist known as Arena Mode.
Previously unannounced by Epic Games, the developers have introduced Foraged Items to Fortnite. Taking the form of a banana, a pepper and a coconut, players will be able to use them to receive boosts or health regeneration, and can be found littered around the map, much like mushrooms and apples.
The Banana will provide health regeneration, while the Coconut will give players either health or shields depends on what they require. The Pepper will also gave players a shot of health, and provides a speed boost to help you zoom around the map.
Players will find Foraged Items scattered around the map.
Epic Games representative 'MrPopoTFS' also confirmed that v8.20 would implement numerous fixes for bugs that have been plaguing the game over the past few weeks.
In a post on Reddit, MrPopoTFS broke down updates for items like the Clinger, which were damaging players through walls when they were stuck to another player, and the Pirate Cannon which was randomly firing players in different directions than the one that had selected.
Fortnite v8.20 Update - Patch Notes
Floor is Lava - Limited Time Mode
The Volcano has sprung a leak...Drop, loot, RUN! Hold the high ground and be the last one standing in this spicy new LTM.
Get ready to build, because the floor is covered in lava in Fortnite's newest LTM!
Poison Dart Trap
It's a Poison Trap! Catch your opponents off guard with this new addition. But remember, watch where you step…
The Poison Dart Trap could be a dangerous new weapon in a Fortnite player's arsenal.
New Foraged Items
It’s Bananas! Regenerate health and zoom around after taking a bite from a Pepper, heal up with a tasty Banana, or relax with a Coconut to gain health/shields.
New consumable items will offer health, shield and speed boosts.
LIMITED TIME MODE: FLOOR IS LAVA
Lava gradually rises from the lowest parts of the map, and it’s hot! Drop in and quickly loot and gather materials so you can be the first to reach the high ground.
- A few minutes into the match, the lava will begin to rise.
- The lava moves at a steady speed until the entire map is covered.
- Touching the lava will apply damage directly to your health and bounce you up in the air.
- You can build on the lava.
- Players will be given a small number of materials every second, to help out in those "entire map is on fire" situations.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- The Baller no longer applies damage to players on collision.
- The knockback/bounce effect will remain unchanged.
- Future Baller Iterations
- We’ve noticed a lot of discussion around the Baller, so here’s an update!
- We’re not satisfied with the current use of Ballers, specifically in the late game. With the v8.30 update, we will release a change that will allow players to shoot through the glass of The Baller.
- Non-glass parts will still have collision and block damage from bullets.
- Siphon/Material Changes
- In v7.40 we implemented a few Pop-up Cup settings as a test in core modes. After monitoring a combination of gameplay, data, and feedback, we’ve gathered necessary info to conclude this initial test. We feel it has resulted in an unhealthy level of aggressive play, diminishing other viable strategies. The following changes have been reverted in all core modes:
- 50 Health (or Shield) based on your health when the Elimination occurs.
- 50/50/50 materials dropped on Elimination.
- 500/500/500 Cap on materials.
- Harvest rate increased by 40%
- That said, these mechanics have proven to be positive in our competitive playlists. All changes above remain enabled in the new Arena Game Mode.
- Infantry Rifle
- Converted to hitscan, meaning this weapon no longer fires projectiles (snipers) and now fires the same as other Assault Rifles.
- Base damage reduced from 45/42 to 42/40.
- Uses the same damage fall off profile as existing assault rifles.
- Poison Dart Trap
- Available in Uncommon Rarity.
- Can be placed on walls, floors, and ceilings.
- Found from Floor Loot.
- Can be triggered up to three grid cells away.
- Fires Poison Dart projectiles a distance of three horizontal grid cells (four vertical grid cells).
- Targets hit by darts will receive a damage-over-time effect that applies damage directly to health, bypassing any shields.
- 10 health damage per tick.
- 8 total ticks over 7 seconds for a total damage of 80.
- Subsequent hits will refresh the duration of the effect, but the amount of damage per tick does not change.
- New Foraged Items
- Instantly grant 5 health when consumed.
- Can be found in the tropical biome.
- Foraged by damaging palm trees.
- When consumed, Coconuts grant 5 points of effective health over a short time. That means it will replenish shields if the player is at max health.
- Can be found in tropical and desert biomes.
- When consumed, peppers instantly grant 5 health and also increase the player’s movement speed by 20% for 10 seconds.
- Can be found in the desert biome.
- The Buried Treasure directional indicator is now attached to the player and emanates from the area of the treasure map in order to improve visibility, especially while moving.
- The indicator will continue to pulse every 3 seconds while the item is equipped.
- Pirate Cannon adjustments
- Adjusted the collision of the Pirate Cannon to ensure the driver's seat is always enterable without needing to nudge the cannon.
- Moved the seat prompt locations for easier entry into the cannon.
- Increased the radius of cannonballs and player land explosions from 200 units to 250 units.
- Reduced cannon impulse/knockback when firing a cannonball while driving or when launching a player. This is unchanged when coasting.
- Adjusted the equip time of the Epic / Legendary Pump Shotgun to match the Uncommon / Rare versions.
- Fixed an issue where Clingers were damaging players through walls when stuck to another player.
- Fixed an issue preventing Glider item pickups from displaying their stack count.
- Smoothed out the motion of grenade projectile trajectories, which were lagging behind by a tick.
- Balloon Fixes
- Entering a vehicle no longer plays the release sound of balloons if you have no balloons.
- The balloon rope will no longer remain on your back when you run out of balloons.
- Pirate Cannon Fixes
- Fixed an issue where players were flying out of a Pirate Cannon in a different direction than expected.
- Fixed an issue preventing the ability to enter a Pirate Cannon when close to other geometry.
- Fixed the ability for players to finely tune Pirate Cannon’s ability to aim side to side.
- Fixed an issue causing Buried Treasure to spawn loot on the Starting Island.
- Marker pings are now allowed while DBNO.
- Added a unique elimination message when eliminated by a Lava surface.
- Increased relevancy distance for players being able to see explosions.
- That’s not all! Increased infinite dab from 13 hours to 14 hours in the lobby.
- Fixed an issue with the icy feet effect remaining on indefinitely while emoting.
- Traps now do damage directly to The Baller vehicle instead of dealing damage to the driver.
- Fixed issue causing some traps to be inside thicker structures, making them hard to see.
- Fixed a rare occurrence of a player being invulnerable while DBNO.
- Fixed the camera sometimes traveling too far when cycling to another player.
- New Feature: Arena Game Mode (Solo & Duos)
- Compete any time and gain ‘Hype’ to advance to higher leagues and unlock exclusive tournaments, such as the Fortnite World Cup Online Opens.
- Each League is broken up into several Divisions, with players working their way from Open League to Contender League to Champion League.
- Scoring will update from division to division, with an increasing amount of Bus Fare lost with each match at higher divisions.
- Note: Matchmaking in Arena is based on players with similar Hype. As a result, players in higher divisions may experience longer than normal wait times before a match is found.
- New Tournament: Luxe Cup (March 30th & 31st) [$100,000 in Cash Prizes!]
- Duos Game Mode
- Participation in this event requires players to have reached Contender League in Arena play prior to the start of the event.
- The prize pool will be distributed across all server regions, with official rules and details released later this week.
- March 30th - Round One: All Eligible Players
- March 31st - Round Two: Top 3000 Players from Round One
- Fixed an issue where poor server performance could cause undesired effects on clients such as unnecessary movement corrections.
- Added a fix for a rare server crash.
- Made a small server performance improvement related to the Baller vehicle.
- Updated animation budgets to be more performant on higher scalability settings.
- Improved file I/O performance on PS4, this reduces the occurrence of late streaming buildings.
- Improved file I/O performance when skydiving on all platforms by changing what data we prioritize loading first.
ART + ANIMATION
- Adjusted lighting in Battle Royale.
- Increased lighting contrast in areas with shadows.
- Increased vibrancy in colors.
- Fixed a bug where the destruction effects were not playing on the Baller when it’s destroyed.
- Re-scaled audio volume settings to avoid clipping artifacts.
- What used to be the 0.5 setting is now mapped to 1 (maximum loudness)
- If your volume was previously above 0.5 you will need to adjust the volume on your television or whichever device you're playing on to achieve the same level of loudness.
- Footsteps from spectated players' teammates are now played at a reduced volume.
- Fixed an issue where some items didn’t have proper audio when dropping them from inventory.
- Changes to the ping graph for the net debug HUD.
- Red vertical lines added that indicate packets were reported lost that frame.
- There’s now a setting to control if pinging while ADS/Targeting places a danger marker.
- On the Battle Pass page, scrolling down on the mouse wheel moves the contents right and scrolling up on the mouse wheel moves the images left.
- Fixed issue with Main Menu icons becoming off-center.
- Fixed a bug that was causing a player's Squad Fill preference to reset to "Fill".
- Fixed an issue where scopes would be missing reticle lines on low settings.
- Fixed an occasional awkward camera movement that would occur when switching to different view targets while spectating.
- Dedicated use buttons now support hold to swap.
- Voice Chat has been reactivated on iOS.
- Emote button now supports hold to replay last emote.
- Updated the Baller button icons.
- Updated the battery icon to indicate the device is charging. Refreshes visibility every 2 seconds.
- Cycle left button added to the HUD layout tool.
- Added loot pickup stream UI.
- This is the part of the UI that tracks how many resources and ammo you're picking up.
- Net Debug Stats is now movable in the HUD Layout Tool.
- Enabled Squad Communication and Emote buttons while DBNO.
- Fixed field of view on 21:9 devices.
- Fixed an issue with quickbar and extra buttons that made it possible to cause fire state to be stuck on a continuous loop.
- Fixed an issue causing the camera to jump on initial touch input.
- This will also fix the issue where HUD control buttons are missing when starting a match on some Android devices.
- Fixed an issue causing incorrect building pieces to gain focus when editing.
- Fixed missing outline effect for squad members.
- Fixed minimap remaining on screen during Victory Royale sequence.
- Fixed not being able to select building material while being a passenger in a vehicle.
Ready to create some serious PvE challenges? Use the Creature Spawner to setup fiendish challenges for you and your friends.
Players can now create PvE challenges using the Creative Spawner.
Line up the targets and hone your skills using this new gallery available in Creative Mode!
Practice your aim with the new Shooting Gallery.
- Portals added in the Creative Hub to access the Battle Royale Island.
- Added a waterfall along the edges of the Playground Hub.
- Fixed an issue where spectating players would still be considered to be on the island, even after leaving.
- Fixed an issue with creative replays not properly showing the correct time of day.
- Fixed an issue where some trees and rocks were floating on the Volcano Island.
- Fixed an issue where waterfalls didn’t have sound effects on the Volcano Island.
- Fixed an issue where rocks were losing their material and defaulting to dark blue rocks on the Volcano Island.
- Known Issues:
- If you're unable to build on the Volcano Island, the island setting "Unlimited Material" need to be set to On.
- Added siphon settings to Creative Game Settings.
- Health Granted on Eliminations - Mix of values from 0 to 1000.
- Wood/Stone/Metal Granted on Eliminations - Mix of values from 0 to 999.
- Added a new scoreboard for Creature Eliminations that tracks how many creatures you’ve eliminated.
- Added a new win condition - Creature eliminations to win, with a mix of values from 1 to 1000.
- Moved the Challenge gallery and Chest & Ammo gallery from the gallery tab to the devices tab in Creative inventory.
- The goal is for anything that is interactable to be in the devices tab.
- Organized the devices tab in the following order: Galleries, Traps, Vehicle Spawners, Spawners.
- Organized the consumables tab - Resources, Ammo, Health, Shields, Grenades, fort throwables, and the rest.
- Improved Islands to restore faster after a game has ended.
- Starting game now ensures all players have downloaded the key game data before starting. This fixes game start issues for players on slower connections.
- Texture data should be reappearing on all buildings that lost their texture data. Griptape Obstacle Course is now fixed!
- Fixed an issue where being eliminated and entering a vehicle at the same time would cause the player to lose most controls.
- Fixed Game Settings resetting if “My Island” menu was opened before the island was ready to start a game.
- Fixed an issue where the camera occasionally behaved oddly when starting and ending games.
- Fixed an issue where the camera behaved oddly after respawning.
- Fixed an issue where the spectator camera would occasionally get stuck in the sky when the spectated player respawns.
- Fixed an issue where the camera would occasionally flip upside down for a brief moment after respawning in the sky.
- Fixed an issue where players could get stuck in a strange state when respawning while the game ended.
- Fixed an issue where players would start games in building mode instead of holding their pickaxe.
- Fixed an issue where the Treasure Map could appear in Chests in Creative Mode.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Infinity Blade
- This Mythic melee weapon can be found in the Weapons Tab in Creative Inventory.
- Primary Fire delivers a powerful sword slash. It deals big damage to enemies and destroys structures in one blow.
- Alternate Fire allows the player to leap great distances, destroying objects in its path. Upon landing, it delivers damage and a knock-up to nearby players.
- The wielder of the sword is also granted additional abilities:
- An increased pool of max Health and Shields (200 Health/200 Shields).
- Regeneration of effective Health over time up to max Health and Shields (1 HP per second).
- An instant burst of effective Health upon elimination of an enemy (50 HP).
- Increased movement speed (130%).
- If a player picks up the Infinity Blade, all other inventory items aside from building materials will be dropped.
- When the wielder of the Infinity Blade picks up an item (aside from building materials), the Infinity Blade will be dropped.
- The Infinity Blade will be dropped when the wielder is knocked out or eliminated.
- Blade in Stone will be included in the next major release.
CREATIVE TOOLS + PHONE
- Coming to a future patch… Multi Select. With a button press you’ll be able to select multiple items with the phone to copy and place. This feature needed more to fix issues.
- Fixed a bug with the phone tool that made it difficult to see the object highlight when pointing at extremely bright objects.
- Fixed a bug where music blocks would prevent you from selecting other props behind them, even if pointing above the blocks themselves.
PREFABS + GALLERIES
- Added New Dirt, Grass and Cobblestone Floor Galleries.
- Grass is a flat grassy texture.
- 3D Grass Floor tech is currently a work in progress for the next major update!
- Added a New Tropical Rock Gallery.
- Updated the Volcano Rock Gallery to include additional rocks.
- Updated the Ring Gallery to include more lighted beams and a lighted grate.
- Added new General Props Gallery A and Gallery B.
- Large rock in the Tropical Rock Gallery has lava rock textures. This will be addressed in a future patch.
- Ice Cliff Gallery pieces, when selected with phone, are way up in the air, which makes placement difficult. We’re working on a solution for a future patch.
- Ice Cliff Gallery pieces have jump collision issues.
- Particle props will now delete when resetting the Island.
- Ice Cliff Gallery pieces will no longer be destroyed when building through them.
- Fixed an issue where certain particle props would begin flickering when many particles were placed. The visual effects remained visible even after deleted or island restart.
- Fixed an issue where the 'Lava Tiles Gallery' had invisible collision.
- Fixed an issue where the spark particle visual effects flickered when walked through.
- Fixed an issue where the collision bounds for Visualizer Gallery pieces are much higher than the pieces themselves.
- Removed the consumable apples from the 'Cozy Cabin' prefab. They weren’t working correctly in Creative and will be added back once we’ve resolved the issues.
- Fixed an issue where the Jungle Temple Gallery has no green inner corners.
- Fixed an issue where the grass was clipping through some props or assets in the Mine Cart Gallery, Industrial Gallery A, Cabins Prop Gallery and General Gallery A.
- Fixed an issue where the 'Cabin Prop Gallery' had an invisible collision when deployed above ground.
- Creature Spawner
- Spawn up to 20 creatures at a time on your island.
- Select from 6 types of creatures, from a normal fiend, up to a Megabrute.
- Set the number of creatures to spawn from 1 to 20.
- Set the total available number to spawn from 1 to infinite.
- Set how fast they should spawn with the wave timer from 1 second to 5 minutes.
- Set how close the player needs to be for the spawner to activate from 1 tile to 15 tiles.
- Set distance away from players for the creature(s) to despawn between 1-15 tiles.
- Set various properties on the spawner: Visibility, Invincibility, Destroying pieces on spawn, and Spawn effects.
- Set the number of tiles from the spawner the creatures should spawn from 2 to 6. Currently, this is limited to creatures spawning exactly that distance away from the spawner. A future update will allow creatures to spawn in more confined spaces.
- Limited to having 32 spawners per island.
- Known Issues
- Creatures will sometimes get stuck on indestructible pieces.
- Generating the AI navigation map can take a long time. Players may see long loading times on really complex islands.
- Music Sequencer doesn’t always eliminate Creatures.
- Shooting Gallery
- Select from 14 different types of shooting targets with 12 options that can be set to create a different play.
- Targets can be either stationary or on a moving rail. Moving rail targets are limited to 200 for performance.
- Use the Total Score scoreboard type for building Shooting Gallery games.
- Set the score per target from -20 to 20 for when it’s knocked down.
- Set score multiplier for hitting the bullseye when knocking the target down.
- Set which team receives a score for knocking down the target.
- Set the amount of health a target has before it’s knocked down from 1 to 5000.
- Set the amount of time it takes for a knocked down target to reset from, Never Reset, 2 to 600 seconds.
- Set the maximum number of times a target will pop back up from infinite, 1 to 10.
- Set a time delay to hide: Off, 1 second to 20 minutes.
- Set the starting position up or down.
- Set proximity from the player for a target to pop up. Once activated target will stay up unless a time to hide is set.
- Set the hinge location base or center.
- Set the bullseye to instantly knock down the target to on/off.
- Make your targets move up and down with Hop Time: 0.5 seconds to 20 seconds.
- Known Issues
- Targets spawned from the gallery will reset to the Standing target if they are not modified or copied with the phone when a player leaves and rejoins their island.
- Hitting the bullseye will not cause critical damage multiplier on the Standing target and Round targets.
- If a thrown device grenade reaches the maximum quantity limitation for the moving targets, the spawning targets will replace the earliest placed ones.
- Added new options for the Team Settings & Inventory device.
- Spawn Location - Sky, Spawnpads
- Spawns - Infinite, 1 to 10
- After Last Spawn Go To - Spectator, Team 1 - Team 16
- Drop Items on Death - On, Off
- Health granted on elimination - Mix of values from 0 to 1000
- Wood / Stone/ Metal granted on elimination - Mix of values from 0 to 999
- Creature Eliminations To Win - Off, Mix of values from 1 to 1000
- Instant Reload - Weapons do not require reload animations upon depleting magazines.
- Poison Dart Trap
- Available in Uncommon Rarity
- Can be placed on walls, floors, and ceilings
- Can be triggered up to three grid cells away
- Fires Poison Dart projectiles a distance of three horizontal grid cells (four vertical grid cells)
- Targets hit by darts will receive a damage-over-time effect that applies damage directly to health, bypassing any shields.
- 10 health damage per tick
- 8 total ticks over 7 seconds for a total damage of 80
- Subsequent hits will refresh the duration of the effect, but the amount of damage per tick does not change.
- Added new material options for the barrier: Space Black, Gloss Black, Sky Blue, Red Forcefield, and Blue Forcefield.
- Challenge Gallery and Treasure Gallery have been moved to the Devices Tab.
- Fixed an issue where damage Traps (ie. Spikes) would trigger on players and vehicles when a game was not active.
- Fixed an issue where unmanned vehicles would trigger elimination audio cues when sitting in the Elimination Zone and Music Sequencer.
- Fixed an issue where players who are unaffected by a damage volume device would trigger elimination audio cues.
- Fixed an issue where Music Sequencer damage option was causing loud sound effects.
- Fixed an issue where the Music Sequencer damage sound effect was triggered when the player was standing close to it.
- Fixed an issue where the Sentry would trigger multiple hit sound effects from the Music Sequencer, when damage was turned on.
- Fixed an issue where teams were able to destroy their own Objective Device while boosting with a Quadcrasher.
- Fixed an issue where player-built wooden floors would clip through Player Spawn and Player Checkpoint Plate.
- Fixed an issue where the Max Initial Team Size setting on the Team Settings & Inventory device wouldn’t apply as intended when set to Unlimited.
UI + SOCIAL
- Improved the loading experience when joining and leaving games.
- Allow games to start only after the Island has fully loaded.
- Smoothed the transition of fade-in and fade-out of loading screens.
- Changed the “Leave Match” button to “Leave Playground” when in Playground mode.
- HUD indicators for Devices/Traps placed on Islands are now hidden.
- HUD elements are now hidden when transitioning into and out of games.
- Improved transitioning to spectator mode when a game has “join in progress” disabled.
- Replaced the lighting bolt in triangle with an exclamation point in triangle for damage zones.
- Fixed an issue where the mobile HUD stayed visible during game transitions.
- Updated string in Creative Mutator to say "Return to Hub" instead of "Return to Creative Hub" as the menu option has changed names.
- Fixed an issue where some game UI elements would sometimes not appear correctly.
- Fixed an issue where players weren’t notified when they joined a game as a spectator.
- Fixed an issue where Device tooltips appeared while playing a game in Playground.
- Fixed an issue where rich presence wasn’t clarifying whether a player was in Playground or Creative when selecting a server.
- Fixed an issue where the Hub was still being referred to as the “Creative Hub”.
- Fixed a misspelling in the My Island menu.
- Fixed an issue where the Sky spawn location was referred to as “air”.
- Fixed an issue where players would occasionally remain on the “Restoring Island” screen after a game ends.
- Fixed an issue where game settings would get set to defaults if the player open and closed the My Creative Island menu after entering their island.
PERFORMANCE + STABILITY
- Fixed various stability issues.
SAVE THE WORLD
Pirates have invaded Homebase! Grab an eye-patch, and prepare for a swashbuckling, plundering, plank-walking adventure.
Pirates have invaded Fortnite Save the World too!
Beta Storm: Resupply
Time is short! Collect the list of items and refill your backpack before the Storm closes in!
Players will have to search for new items in Resupply.
MISSIONS + SYSTEMS
- Yarrr! Event Quests
- Ahoy Mateys! Join our Heroes and complete the “Yarrr!” Questline to earn event themed rewards.
- Rewards: More information in Weapons + Items
- Blakebeard the Blackhearted
- Corsair Sword
- Jack’s Revenge Pistol
- X Marks the Spot!
- Once per zone, players can find a map that leads to treasure by opening chests and safes.
- Pirate Llama is now available
- May contain Pirate Heroes, Steampunk Weapon schematics, and Broadside Trap schematics
- Cost: 500 Spring Tickets
- Beta Storm: Resupply
- Time is short! Run around the map destroying and collecting a list of items
- The Storm closes in fast! The safe area doesn’t stay for long and will rotate around the map
- Fixed bomb desync in Deliver the Bomb missions
- HUD scale setting now also applies to HUD announcements.
- The In-game Hero Loadout now has warning indicators if the perk is not being applied (similar to the ones in the frontend)
- Fixed an issue where the Xbox controller could lose input in the frontend after interacting with the event banner.
- Fixed defender trap UI issues related to selecting a defender from a different pad.
- Players should no longer lose navigation functionality when returned to the Quest Tab from the Quest log.
- Consumable items that are currently hovered over in the Resource menu should no longer be consumed when selecting an option from the 'More' popup menu.
- Fixed an issue that caused the “Transform” item dialog to not properly show up when inspecting the transformed item.
- Fixed an issue that would cause items and people to become offset from the camera while being leveled up or evolved.
- Fixed the ability description text getting cut off in Hero inspect details panel.
- Fixed research point accumulation text to use the correct pluralization when a single point is earned.
- Fixed an issue that caused the HUD vote indicator to not properly show when the pickup info setting is disabled.
- Fixed the UI to correctly Save/Load the pinned schematics
- The banner in the Manage Profile menu should now display correctly for players with really long account names.
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to back out of the Modify Perks menu.
- Fixed pick up messages to not stack on top of each other
- Updated the Recycle confirmation panel so that the recycle item tiles show the quantity being recycled and not the quantity in the inventory
- Fixed an issue that caused slotted collection book items to show the “you must unslot an item before it can be reset” error message.
- Fixed an issue that caused the zones to not properly update when changing the privacy settings while on the map.
- Updated the Expedition screen to properly update the Expedition list when first entering the screen.
- Changed the padding on Zone name header to fix Korean language text getting cut off on the in-zone mission objectives screen
- Placeholder text should no longer be visible when inspecting X-Ray Llamas.
- Fixed Hero abilities appearing grayed out on the quickbar if another ability is used right as it is coming off cooldown.
- Hero Loadout unlocks now appear in feature unlock screen as opposed to the quest reward screen.
- Improved responsiveness of equipping items to quick bar slots.
- The full-screen minimap is now prepared in advance to fix a hitch on the first map display.
- Fixed a hitch when another player loads into a match that’s already in progress.
- Fixed a hitch when entering the Shadow Stance effect.
- Updated the Expedition screen to increase performance when hovering over buttons.
- We’ve added a new Hero to the Event store!
- Hybrid, a new Legendary Ninja!
- Standard Perk: Fire Of The Dragon
- Increases Affliction Duration by 34%.
- Commander Perk: Fire Of The Dragon+
- Increases Affliction Duration by 67%. Dragon Slash applies Affliction, which deals 15 base Fire Damage per second for 3 seconds.
- Available in the Event Store March 27 at 8 PM Eastern Time
- We’re introducing a new Hero with the “Yarrr!” quest line.
- Blakebeard the Blackhearted, a new Mythic Pirate Constructor
- Standard Perk: Avast Mateys
- Increases Cannonball Damage by 20%.
- Commander Perk: Avast Mateys+
- Increases Cannonball Damage by 40%. Converts R.O.S.I.E to fire 25 cannonballs.
- Mythic Rarity
- Obtainable through the “Yarrr!” Questline.
- We’ve added 4 new Pirate Heroes that can be obtained in the Pirate Llama.
- Crossbones Barret, a new Pirate Outlander!
- Standard Perk: Goin’ Coconuts
- 20% chance to find Coconuts in containers. Coconuts restore health instantly and restore additional health over time. Increases damage by 16% while under the effects of a Coconut.
- Commander Perk: Goin’ Coconuts+
- 30% chance to find Coconuts in containers. Coconuts restore health instantly and restore additional health over time. Increases damage by 36% while under the effects of a Coconut.
- Obtainable from Pirate Llamas
- Buccaneer Jonesy, a new Pirate Soldier!
- Standard Perk: Buckle
- Dealing Sword Damage Increases Pistol Damage by 22% for 6 seconds.
- Commander Perk: Buckle+
- Dealing Sword Damage Increases Pistol Damage by 65% for 6 seconds.
- Obtainable from Pirate Llamas
- Swashbuckler Keelhaul, a new Pirate Ninja!
- Standard Perk: Swash
- Dealing Pistol Damage Increases Sword Damage by 22% for 6 seconds.
- Commander Perk: Swash+
- Dealing Pistol Damage Increases Sword Damage by 65% for 6 seconds.
- Obtainable from Pirate Llamas
- Privateer Hype, a new Pirate Constructor!
- Standard Perk: Swab The Deck
- Increases Club Damage by 17%.
- Commander Perk: Swab The Deck+
- Increases Club Damage by 50%.
- Obtainable from Pirate Llamas
- Acquiring Blakebeard will unlock a new Quest, which rewards a new Team Perk!
- Blakebeard’s Stash
- Eliminating enemies has a 5% chance of uncovering one of Blakebeard’s stashes which contains the following items:
- Peg Leg
- Club that deals extreme damage but breaks quickly
- Restores health instantly and restores additional health over time
- Can be thrown as grenades that fragment on impact, exploding multiple times
- Requires 3 Pirate Heroes in your loadout.
- Constructor R.O.S.I.E. can now be auto placed, just like traps.
- Overtaker Hiro is eligible for an item reset due to his head being changed in update v8.11.
- Free items that have been unslotted from the collection book will no longer be eligible for a reset if they have not been upgraded.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Impossibility Matrix from correctly reducing the cooldown of Shock Tower.
- Fixed an issue where Survivalist wouldn't trigger if the player also had the Emergency Override+ commander perk.
- Fixed an issue where Bass Solo extended Warcry by 1 or 2 seconds per elimination, instead of the intended duration of 0.4 or 0.9 seconds per elimination.
- Steel Wool Carlos has been marked eligible for item reset.
- Fixed an issue where Assassination+ was dealing the incorrect melee damage multipler
- This was applying 13.5% instead of 18%
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Steampunk Weapons Set - Available from the Pirate Llama
- The Baron
- A heavy hammer with slow, wide swings and a powerful smash attack.
- Steam Thrasher
- A mid-sized scythe with wide sweeping attacks and a new channeled spinning heavy attack.
- Steam Piston
- A versatile semi-automatic assault rifle that deals steady damage
- A revolver with heavy recoil that shoots high impact musket balls
- Bon Voyage
- A fast and powerful semi-automatic sniper rifle
- New Flintlock weapons - Obtained from the “Yarrr!” Questline
- A deadly cutlass that combines a good mix of damage and impact with exceptional crit. Best when paired with pistols.
- Quad Chop: A series of heavy attacks that deal increased damage and knockback.
- Jack’s Revenge
- Single shot piercing pistol with a powerful kick that deals heavy headshot damage and knocks back targets.
- Most effective when used with a sword in close to mid-range combat.
- Increased the attack speed of Quad Chop heavy attack by 35%. Increased damage per second by 4.6%. Increased impact per second by 7%.
- The Bowler and Jabberwocky are now classified as Cannons and gain benefits from perks affecting cannonball damage, such as Avast Mateys
- Increased the hit area of Hydraulic Smash to better match the visual
- Purchasing random schematics from the event store will now put the schematic directly in your inventory instead of granting a Llama to open.
- Fixed an issue with the teleporter floating after destroying the floor beneath
- Fixed an issue that caused the teleporter to appear on the victory screen if held by a player
- Added the heavy attack description to the Vacuum Tube Spear
- Fixed an issue where the Yeoman sniper rifle could spawn extra projectile impact particles.
- Changed Joel and Karolina Mythic survivors so that only one copy of each is allowed in the inventory at a time.
- Removed the Skatepark that could load into Autumn Cities that was causing building issues.
- Several quest requirements in Plankerton and Canny Valley have been adjusted.
- Required Objective Counts for some Quests have been reduced in Plankerton.
- Increased the drop rate for some quest items in Canny Valley
- Enhanced Demolition updates
- Enhanced Demoltion has been re-enabled!
- Trap resources go back to the trap owner if present when using Enhanced Demolition in a player’s Storm Shield Base.
- Increased the number of resources gained when destroying tier 2 and 3 building pieces.
- Players will now receive 100% of the resource amounts.(This is prorated by the health of the building piece)
- Show HUD messages when crafting materials are returned to a Player due to disassembling a trap in an SSD mission
- Fixed an issue that caused players to load into the game as one Hero while having the active abilities of another Hero.
- Fixed an issue where players loaded into the game with their Hero missing and having to wait for a timer to count down to respawn.
- Fixed an issue where defenders would keep previously equipped weapons if spawned on a second defender pad.
- Fixed Deliver the Bomb in the Thunder Route 99 zone, where the Armory and Launcher would be reversed.
- Campfire traps no longer heal players who are DBNO.
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to place traps on floor pieces that are built over other level floor pieces, such as sidewalks.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to load into a zone with a level 1 pickaxe.
- Fixed an issue that caused weapons, Gadgets or Abilities to not appear on the quickbar.
- Survivors no longer benefit from Bluglo Pylon buffs.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Husks to continue moving while frozen in a slow field.
- Added audio for new perks, ambient sounds, and items.
- Fixed an issue that caused music to be missing in certain areas.
- Fixed an issue with missing audio in the onboarding cinematic.
- Fixed an issue with missing sound on Banner placement.
- Fixed an issue that caused the ground wave from Seismic Impact to have no sound.
- Updated threat music so that is reserved for more significant threats during combat.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the correct sounds from playing while picking up multiple items
- Fixed an issue with DBNO music continuing after the player has been revived.
- Fix an issue with music not playing for players joining the Test the Limits quest late.
- Quantity selector slider and settings slider will now accelerate over time when using a gamepad.
- Fixed some issues with being able to click survey answers with mouse buttons other than the primary (left) button.
- Fixed an issue with the bottom bar being missing/obscured on the player reporting screen.
- Updated the controller settings screen so the text for the header "Controller Configurations" can grow vertically as opposed to growing wider. This stops text from going behind the next column.
- Added a “Joinable Parties” section to the Social Panel to provide a quick overview of the parties that your friend(s) are in with at least two members.
- Party Invite list is now merged into this list. In the case of an invite, the sender's name will get highlighted in the party entry, and the entry itself will have a different background.
- The “Game” Voice Channel has been added and allows speaking to and hearing only the people in:
- Your Battle Royale Squad
- Your Save the World Team
- Your Creative Island’s Voice Chat
- New options have been added to the Social Panel when clicking on yourself. In addition to being able to set Online / Away, you can now
- Adjust your party’s Privacy settings
- Change the Voice Channel you want to use during active gameplay.
- Choose “Party” to speak with everyone in your party, and “Game” to speak to the game-specific channel.
- Fixed a bug where traps could be hidden under the terrain.
- Fix for switching to Save the World when joining a friend in Battle Royale's party
- Fixed launchpad transition animations triggering incorrectly if you immediately attached to a zip line
- Fixed traps not triggering when inside their triggering range, but behind a building piece that gets destroyed
- We've increased the bandwidth cap for all game modes.
- This should help with network performance issues across all platforms.