Jake Paul vs Tommy Fury fight off as Jake says he’s “moving on” to next opponent
Jake Paul has hinted that his bout with Tommy Fury is over, claiming he’s “moving on” in a Tweet after Visa issues prevented his opponent from entering the US.
Jake Paul is looking for another opponent to fill his next fight months after his last bout against former UFC champ Tyron Woodley late last year.
Unfortunately, nailing down a rival has been difficult for the ‘Problem Child,’ who finally seemed to secure a match against Fury just weeks ago.
The two were originally slated to fight last year before an injury prompted Fury to drop out at the last minute.
It looks like yet another extenuating circumstance has given Fury difficulties, as he claims he wasn’t allowed to enter the US due to issues with Homeland Security ahead of their press conference.
Jake sent a few tweets Fury’s way, begging him to visit his embassy, before finally appearing to call off the fight in a tweet posted on June 30.
“Tommy Fury is in hiding,” he taunted. “B**ch made.Tyson Fury’s lawyer never got back to my team on setting up escrow for our $1M bet. Never believed in his brother.”
“Instructed my team to do a Hova and move On To The Next One,” he added.
Tommy Fury is in hiding. Bitch made.
Tyson Fury lawyer never got back to my team on setting up escrow for our $1M bet. Never believed in his brother.
Instructed my team to do a Hova and move On To The Next One ☝️
— Jake Paul (@jakepaul) June 30, 2022
It looks as though Jake is looking for another fight — and he’s got his pick of the litter.
Prior to his callout toward Fury, it seemed as though Jake was set to take on UFC fighter Nate Diaz, who wanted out of his contract to face off with the YouTuber.
Paul has also called out a slew of other high-profile fighters in the past, including the likes of Conor McGregor, Floyd Mayweather, and even Anderson Silva — who has said that he’s down to take on the Paul bros.
For now, it’s unclear who Jake’s next boxing opponent will be as his August 6 match seems in limbo.