While Simmers are patiently waiting for The Sims 5, EA has been updating The Sims 4 frequently over recent months and a new patch update from July 27 implements some vital fixes to the recent Cottage Living expansion pack on PC and console.
The recent patch fixed a bunch of these problems that have been incredibly troublesome for players across the Base Game and its Packs, and we are amped to jump back into the game without, hopefully, having to encounter any more pesky bugs.
Here’s a rundown of the full patch notes for July 27!
The Sims 4 July 27 patch notes
This update is primarily centered around bug fixes to multiple aspects of The Sims 4, as there were plentifully found by players during the release of Cottage Living expansion pack.
- Read More: The Sims 4 cheats and how to use them
While this patch is not as substantial as previous patches, there are some notable changes to certain issues such as Mermaids within Island Living and Gigs for certain roles such as Freelancers and Actors.
Below are some of the highlights from the latest patch, which players have reported is around 218MB, so not a whole lot compared to other patches.
The Sims 4 July 27 Console bug fixes
- For Simmers on PlayStation, Cottage Living now appears among the Expansion Packs in the “Packs” section of the Main Menu. We also reinstated Cats & Dogs there as it had wandered off as well.
- For Simmers on Xbox, Cottage Living now shows its price on its information page from the Main Menu. Cats & Dogs and My First Pet Stuff have also returned and now take you to the bundle page on the Microsoft Store instead of a page saying it was Unavailable.
Regular fixes and additions
- Actors, Decorators, and Freelancers all… Sims in Gig-based careers once again can accept Gigs from the Career panel to earn those precious Simoleons. Make it werrrrk!
- Zoomers Food Delivery has trained their delivery Zoomers (or is it Zoomies? Think about it!) to ACTUALLY deliver the food Sims have ordered. We apologize for all those missed meals.
Cats and Dogs added back into households
- Pets in pre-existing households now are back with their households. Their absence just was not right – Pets are as much part of the Household as the Ghosts… just sayin’.
Island Living’s Mermaids no longer lose their tails, Hydration bar fixed
- New Mermaids no longer lose their tails and Hydration bar when swimming. For Mermaids made between the previous update and this one, you can restore their “Mermaidness” by eating Mermadic Kelp to become human and eating it again to become a Mermaid. You can also use the cheat “traits.equip_trait trait_OccultMermaid_TYAE” as a workaround as well.
So, there you have it! That’s everything you need to know about The Sims 4 July 27 patch update!
Check out all of our guides for The Sims 4: