Mojang continue to pump out Snapshots ahead of the V1.14 Update, and the 19W08A snapshot introduces a new item alongside some major improvements and bug fixes.
Minecraft snapshots are a way for fans of the game to test out potential new items, blocks or mechanics that could be coming to the game in the near future, while giving Mojang a chance to assess the additions once they’ve been in the hands of the player-base.
Last week’s 19W07A snapshot introduced a new furry friend to the Minecraft landscape, as foxes appeared around the Minecraft map for the first time. While the 19W08A snapshot doesn’t feature any major new additions, it does bring quality of life improvements that will be music to the ears of fans of the sandbox title.
One of the biggest introductions in this snapshot is the new Leather Horse Armor, which can be used to protect your steed while you roam around your world. Mojang also updated the invisibility potion to improve its effectiveness, meaning you’ll be able to sneak around without any chance of anyone spotting you.
Elsewhere, Mojang ensured that one Iron Golem will now always spawn in every village in your world, while also fixing an issue with foxes that was causing them to drown when they attempted to swim in water.
Minecraft players will soon be able to put leather armor on their horses.
The 19W07A snapshot also includes a number of other bug fixes, including fixes to mobs and block-placing.
You can read the full Minecraft 19W07A snapshot patch notes below.
Minecraft Snapshot 19W08A - Full patch notes
A Village & Pillage Java Snapshot
We're slowly entering the "bug fixing and polishing" phase of
the 1.14 Village & Pillage update, but that didn't stop us from
sneaking in a few cool features like Leather Horse Armor (it's
dyeable!), making Invisiblity Potions actually useful in survival, and
best of all... wait, oh dear, I've forgotten what that last thing was.
Oh well, it'll come to me later.
Changes in 19w08b
- Fixed a couple of crashes
Changes in 19w08a
- One Iron Golem now spawns in all villages upon generation
- Improvements to invisibility to allow it to correctly work in many cases where it didn't but you'd expect it to
- Added Leather Horse Armor
- Textures for potion effects are now split into individual files
- Command parser now accepts
' as string quotes. Inside
" is handled as normal character and requires no escaping (and vice-versa) - so now it's easier to input text components in NBT.
- Stopped foxes, dolphins, and pandas from having armor equipped onto them via dispenser
- Changed bounding box and eye height of foxes (prevents them from drowning when swimming)
- Foxes that trusted you in the previous snapshot will unfortunately no longer be trusting
Leather Horse Armor
- Added a new armor type for horses
- Dye it in lots, yes LOTS, of different colors
Fixed bugs in 19w08b
- MC-144469 - Replacing same block at location will cause animation to stop/stuck and can crash if using other block type
Fixed bugs in 19w08a
- MC-10901 - Various mobs can see invisible players
- MC-64581 - Game freezes a couple of seconds when changing mipmap level parameter
- MC-68563 - Barrier particles display random textures when switching resource packs
- MC-79320 - Invisible villagers and wandering traders can be seen by zombies
- MC-106430 - "Glowing" shader not reloaded on resource pack reload
- MC-116969 - Mobs look at invisible mobs / players
- MC-129855 - Turtle egg block model has stretched texture
- MC-130564 - Server resource packs can brick the client for up to minutes!
- MC-131368 - Snow golems attack invisible mobs
- MC-134625 - Tesselating liquid in world - NullPointerException
- MC-137009 - Shulker Detection Range Incorrect for invisible targets
- MC-137722 - Smooth quartz blocks do not use the proper "smooth" texture
- MC-137841 - Villagers don't run away from ravagers
- MC-138022 - Wither roses can be placed on unusual blocks like hoppers
- MC-143398 - Recalibrated the connection to the bovine plane
- MC-138558 - Cats and ocelots run away from players in creative mode
- MC-139739 - Bad Omen's icon is bugged in Programmer Art
- MC-140379 - New village church stained window is one block lower
- MC-140676 - Sweet berry bush do not burn
- MC-141318 - Server crashes when an arrow, which has a non-vanilla sound event in it's SoundEvent tag, hit a block or mob
- MC-141911 - Fire charges cannot ignite campfires
- MC-141987 - Splash water bottle does not extinguish campfire
- MC-142850 - Baby pandas never spawn naturally
- MC-143983 - Mojang logo can be changed using texture pack
- MC-144080 - Clicking anywhere in "Video Settings..." play's the click sound
- MC-144083 - Cannot drag slider in Options
- MC-144092 - Fox offspring don't trust the player
- MC-144142 - Foxes take and eat things while sleeping
- Warning on game startup: "File minecraft:sounds/mob/fox/bark5.ogg
does not exist, cannot add it to event minecraft:entity.fox.bark"
Get the snapshot
To install the snapshot, open up the Minecraft Launcher and enable snapshots in the "Launch Options" tab.
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.