Genshin Impact Version 2.6 is rapidly approaching and the latest livestream has revealed details about Ayato’s release, as well as The Chasm map update, special events. Here’s everything you need to know.
Ayato is coming in the next update, and leaks have indicated plenty of surprise character appearances in the upcoming stories — including Dainsleif.
It’s still early days, but we’ve compiled all the Genshin Impact Version 2.6 livestream details in one place for you here, so you can start getting ready for the March update now.
- Genshin Impact Version 2.6 release date
- Genshin Impact Version 2.6 livestream
- What’s coming in Version 2.6?
- Genshin Impact Version 2.6 patch notes
Genshin Impact’s Version 2.6 update, “Zephyr of the Violet Garden,” released on March 30, 2022.
The update includes The Chasm, Ayato banner, Irodori Festival, and new story content from the Traveler Twins and Khaenri’ah.
The Genshin Impact Version 2.6 livestream date was recently announced by HoYoverse and was held on March 18, 2022. Travelers can watch the Zephyr of the Violet Garden trailer above.
In case you miss the livestream on Twitch, you can find out all the details below. However, be sure to redeem the special redemption codes and other goodies from the initial livestream via our promo codes hub.
The head of the Kamisato Clan, Ayato, is finally joining the Genshin Impact roster as a playable character in Version 2.6. Revealed just before the previous update went live, the five-star Hydro Sword user’s release has been a long time coming.
- Read More: Genshin Impact codes
Details on Ayato’s signature weapon, Haran Tsukishiro Futsu, have been floating around on the beta. With CRIT Rate as its secondary stat and a massive Normal Attack DMG steroid as its ability, it’ll be a great buff weapon.
As for his banner, the rate-up characters are yet to be revealed. However, we’ll keep you posted.
HoYoverse are keeping the re-runs flowing in Genshin Impact Version 2.6 with two five-stars reappearing: Venti and Ayaka.
The Wind Archon will be joining Ayato in the first half of the update, before Ayaka’s banner stands solely on its own after three weeks into the update. Much like Ayato’s banner though, four-star rate-up characters haven’t been revealed.
During the Genshin Impact 2.6 livestream, HoYoverse announced new details surrounding The Chasm, which will release in the upcoming update.
While The Chasm currently can’t be explored right now, we do know a few things about this area thanks to a number of new details. According to the 2.5 livestream, The Chasm was formed after a celestial body crashed into the earth, with a large mine eventually being formed around it.
The location is said to be filled with strange stones and mysterious ores, while the soil and vegetation around the area have distinctive colors. The underground mines are the most treacherous areas, and what’s more, down in The Chasm, vicious enemies lurk in the shadows.
In order to navigate the dark depths, Travelers will be given a Lumenstone Adjuvant – a gadget that helps illuminate pathways. Much like Dragonspine’s Frostbearing Tree, maxing this out with make things easier for you while cave diving, and you’ll get some sweet rewards for it too.
The main event of Genshin Impact Version 2.6 is the Irodori Festival. First appearing during the beta test, the new event will include basically the full cast of Inazuman characters so far released, as well as some favorites from Mondstadt and Liyue.
The event will feature four minigames, which range from taking themed photographs for a Mondstadt bard, clearing stages in the upgraded Theater Mechanicus, dueling in sword fighting, or practicing the art of flower arrangement.
When all the Irodori Festival challenges are completed, players can unlock a chance to recruit the four-star playable character Xingqiu. If that wasn’t enough, a smattering of Primogems and other rewards are also expected.
Dainsleif will finally make his long-awaited return in the Genshin Impact 2.6 update. During the Archon Quest “Requiem of the Echoing Depths”, the Traveler will accompany Dainsleif into the very depths of The Chasm.
Dainsleif previously graced our screens all the way back in Chapter I, and since then, the mysterious character also made an appearance in the world quest ‘Bough Keeper: Dainsleif’.
Quite what his involvement will be in the 2.6 story remains to be seen, but Travelers will be hoping to hear more about Dainsleif’s backstory.
You can find the full Genshin Impact Version 2.6 patch notes below.
- 5-Star Character “Pillar of Fortitude” Kamisato Ayato (Hydro)
- Vision: Hydro
- Weapon: Sword
- The young but highly accomplished head of the Yashiro Commission’s Kamisato Clan. Cultured and polite, he is a man of many ways and means.
- The Chasm
- After the Version 2.6 update, a new area, The Chasm, will be available in Liyue.
- Reach Adventure Rank 28 and complete the Archon Quest “A New Star Approaches” and the World Quest “Surreptitious Seven-Star Seal Sundering” to unlock the underground mines.
- The Lost Valley Domain
- The ancient ritual grounds were buried beneath the earth amidst a cataclysm that tore heaven and earth asunder before being uplifted by the descent of an alien object, and finally unveiled by a destructive battle that resulted from a betrayal. Nonetheless, those who once frequented this place are no more. Reach Adventure Rank 22 or above
- Complete the Archon Quest “Prologue: Act III – Song of the Dragon and Freedom”
- Haran Geppaku Futsu
- 5-Star Sword
- A famed work by the Futsu line of smiths. The name “Haran” comes from the manner in which it resembles the violent, roiling waves.
- Obtain All Elemental DMG Bonus. When other nearby party members use Elemental Skills, the character equipping this weapon will gain 1 Wavespike stack. Max 2 stacks. This effect can be triggered once every 0.3s. When the character equipping this weapon uses an Elemental Skill, all stacks of Wavespike will be consumed to gain Rippling Upheaval: each stack of Wavespike consumed will increase Normal Attack DMG by a certain amount for 8s.
- Vermillion Hereafter
- 4-Star and 5-Star Artifact
- 2-Piece Set: Increased ATK.
- 4-Piece Set: After using an Elemental Burst, this character will gain the Nascent Light effect, increasing their ATK by a certain percentage for 16s. When the character’s HP decreases, their ATK will further increase by a certain percentage. This further increase can occur this way a maximum of 4 times. This effect can be triggered once every 0.8s. Nascent Light will be dispelled when the character leaves the field. If an Elemental Burst is used again during the duration of Nascent Light, the original Nascent Light will be dispelled.
- Echoes of an Offering
- 4-Star and 5-Star Artifact
- 2-Piece Set: Increased ATK.
- 4-Piece Set:When Normal Attacks hit opponents, there is a certain chance that it will trigger Valley Rite, which will increase Normal Attack DMG by a certain percentage of ATK. This effect will be dispelled 0.05s after a Normal Attack deals DMG. If a Normal Attack fails to trigger Valley Rite, the odds of it triggering the next time will increase by a certain percentage. This trigger can occur once every 0.2s.
- Hues of the Violet Garden
- During the event, you will receive quests to help organize the Irodori Festival. As the festival progresses, four gameplay modes will be unlocked in sequence: “The Moon and Stars Inscribe,” “Theater Mechanicus,” “Clash of Lone Blades,” and “The Floral Courtyard.” Participate and complete the corresponding criteria to obtain event-exclusive Furnishings, exclusive recipes, Primogems, Crown of Insight, Talent Level-Up Materials, and more. Complete all the criteria in “Friendship in Writing” to invite “Juvenile Galant” Xingqiu (Hydro).
- Archon Quest Chapter II: Act IV “Requiem of the Echoing Depths”
After the Version 2.6 update, the Archon Quest Chapter II: Act IV “Requiem of the Echoing Depths” will be permanently available.
- Reach Adventure Rank 30 or above and complete the Archon Quest “Chapter II: Act III – Omnipresence Over Mortals”
- Kamisato Ayato’s Story Quest “Cypressus Custos Chapter: Act I – The Firmiana Leaf Falls”
- Reach Adventure Rank 40 or above
- Complete the Story Quest: “Imperatrix Umbrosa Chapter: Act I – Reflections of Mortality”
- Complete the World Quest “Chisato’s Letter”
- The Chasm Delvers” Quest Chain
- “Stolen, by the Rightful Owner”
- “Undetected Infiltration”
- “A Cliff-Side Hero’s Past”
- “The Millennial Mountains,”
- “Says He Who Seeks Stone”
- “Dimming Mushroom’s Call for Help”
- “A Company Vanishing Into the Deep”
- “Valor’s Afterglow” Quest Chain
- “Lost in a Foreign Land” Quest Chain
- “Mycological Investigation in The Chasm”
- “Hydrological Investigation in The Chasm”
- “Paleontological Investigation in The Chasm”
- “The Chasm’s Bounty”
- “The Missing Miner”
- Ruin Serpent
- An ancient, bizarrely-shaped autonomous machine.
- Located at The Chasm
- Black Serpent Knight: Windcutter
- A guard of some standing in the court.
- Floating Hydro Fungus
- A spore organism of some intelligence. It possesses extreme adaptability.
- New Recipes: “Quiet Elegance,” “Katsu Sandwich”
- New Achievement categories such as “Challenger: Series V,” and “Chasmlighter” and new Achievements added to the “Wonders of the World” category.
- New Namecards: “Kamisato Ayato: Ripple,” “Lumens: Stone of Light,” “Achievement: Thunderclap,” “Challenger: Series V””Achievement: Chasm,” “Travel Notes: Irodori.”
- New Furnishing: Leisure Device: Maximum Motivation
- The “Adjust Brightness” function has been added to Settings > Graphics.
- “Radiant Spincrystals” have been added to Mondstadt, Liyue, and Inazuma. After obtaining them, you can unlock the corresponding Realm Music using “Euphonium Unbound.”
- The Teapot Traveling Salesman has added some “Radiant Spincrystals” which can be purchased after obtaining and completing the corresponding World Quests in Inazuma.
- After completing Raiden Shogun’s Story Quest “Imperatrix Umbrosa Chapter: Act II,” Ritou will add a shop where you can purchase “Sango Pearls,” “Unagi Meat,” and 2-Star “Lucky Dog” Artifacts.
- New Living Beings: Lucklight Fly (Capturable), and Bluethunder Weasel (Capturable)
- New Harvestable Resource: Starshroom
- The redirect link to the “Adventurer Handbook: Bosses” screen has been added under the “Sources” for certain Development Items. The Development Items dropped by “Floating Hydro Fungus” will also include a redirect link to the “Adventurer Handbook” in future versions.
- Adds a shortcut for opening the Party Setup Screen on mobile platforms: on the main interface, tap and hold the avatar of any character to quickly access the Party Setup Screen.
- Adds some prompts for loading screens.
- New Loot Drops from “Abyss Heralds,” and “Abyss Lectors”: “Gloomy Statuette,” “Dark Statuette,” and “Deathly Statuette.”
- Floor 11 Ley Line Disorders changed to:
- All characters in the party gain a 75% Anemo DMG Bonus.
- Updated the monster lineup on Floors 11 – 12 of the Spiral Abyss.
Starting from the first time that the Lunar Phase refreshes after updating to Version 2.6, the three Lunar Phases will be as follows:
- Phase I: Sheet-Ice Moon — After a character’s Normal Attack hits an opponent, this opponent will be afflicted with a Mark of Ending. After 10s, this Mark of Ending will be removed, dealing True DMG to this opponent. When a character’s Normal Attack hits an opponent with a Mark of Ending, the DMG dealt by the Mark of Ending’s removal will be increased. This DMG can be increased 9 times.
- Phase II: Snap-Rain Moon — After a character’s Normal Attacks hit opponents, the DMG dealt by this character’s Normal Attacks will increase by 12% for 5s. This effect can stack up to 5 times. Each stack is calculated independently. This effect can be triggered once every 0.1s.
- Phase III: Iris Moon — After a character’s Normal Attack deals DMG to an opponent, the Physical/Elemental RES of this opponent will decrease by 6% for 5s, matching the type of DMG dealt. This can stack up to 7 times. RES decreases of different types can co-exist, and their stacks and timers will be independent of each other.
Adjustments and Optimizations
- Lowers the DMG done by “Geovishap Hatchlings” when their tail sweep skill hits a character continuously.
- Optimizes the appearance of the “Primo Geovishap” in the “Living Beings” section of the Archive.
- Optimizes the Ornamental Fish icon.
- Optimizes UI presentation and text of content that has yet to be unlocked in Hangout Events.
- When below Adventure Rank 30, the “Tutorials” icon will be permanently displayed on the main interface.
- Adds “Recently Unlocked” to “Tutorials.” Five newly unlocked tutorials will be stored for easy access.
- “Tutorials” will record the position where you last have read. If there is no unread tutorial, the last read tutorial will be selected.
- Adjusts the position of the Tutorials button in “Living Beings.”
- Optimizes the sorting logic for Weapon Enhancement Materials and Artifact Enhancement Materials: these two materials are still placed at the bottom of their respective categories, but their internal sorting will be affected when sorting by quality.
- Optimizes the volume of music in the Serenitea Pot.
- Optimizes the Japanese, Korean, and English voice-over for certain characters and quests.
- Adds Alternate Outfits voice lines for the characters Jean, Amber, Rosaria, and Mona; Travelers can change the outfits in “Character > Outfit” to play the relevant voice lines.
- The text of the “Exit Download” button in the login screen has been changed to “Stop Download,” and the text description of the related function was optimized.
- For animation cutscenes from Version 2.6 and earlier, Jean, Amber, Rosaria, and Mona’s appearances have been adjusted to the Alternate Outfits.
- Optimizes the effects of the cutscene animation in the Archon Quest “A Long Shot.”
- Optimizes some display animation details of the character Kaeya in the Character > Weapon interface.
- Batch optimizes the logic related to the enemy homing function for 15 characters and 4 large-sized enemies: Golden Wolflord, Stormterror, Ruin Serpent, (new enemy in Version 2.6), and Bathysmal Vishap Herd.
- After the Spiral Abyss resets on April 1, the “Gladiator’s Finale” and “Wanderer’s Troupe” Artifact set rewards in “Domain Reliquary: Tier I,” and “Domain Reliquary: Tier II” for Floors 9-12 will be replaced with “Vermillion Hereafter” and “Echoes of an Offering.”
- Optimizes the sensitivity of the controller in the Hangout Events interface.
- Optimizes the display of certain messages on the interface when using a controller: hides messages that are not part of the current operation interface.
- When using a controller, you can quickly activate certain functions of the shortcut wheel by pressing key combinations.
- Adjusts the height of the central stage disc in some Domains.
- Adjusts the text description of Achievement category “Liyue: The Harbor of Stone and Contracts.” Progress in exploring Liyue’s The Chasm area will be counted separately in the “Chasmlighter” Achievement category.
- Fixes an issue with NPC Atsuko where her location indication could be incorrect during some quest instructions.
- Fixes an issue of missing text in some dialogues of Chongyun’s Hangout Event “Signs of Evil.”
- Fixes an issue with Xiao whereby he appeared incorrectly in a mirror in the domain of the Story Quest “A Centuries-Long Dream.”
- Fixes an issue whereby the quest could not be carried out after reaching the destination when the objective of the Story Quest “Cleansing Light” was “Go to where the tea master is.”
- Fixes an issue whereby the NPC display was abnormally small in the Story Quest “Radiant Sakura.”
- Fixes an issue with the Domain “Confront Stormterror” whereby the wind currents would be abnormally attacked by some characters’ skills.
- Fixes an issue in Co-Op Mode whereby when multiple Qiqis are in the party at the same time, if one Traveler’s Qiqi restores HP through Elemental Burst, there is a chance that the healing amount will be calculated based on the ATK of another Traveler’s Qiqi.
- Fixes an issue whereby the weapon effects of weapons Lithic Spear, Lithic Blade, Akuoumaru, Wavebreaker’s Fin, and Mouun’s Moon were not refreshed in time after the host exited Co-Op Mode.
- Fixes an issue in Co-Op Mode whereby the character models of teammates in the water would not be displayed after the ice surface melted when party members and the host were standing on the ice surface.
- Fixes an issue with Sangonomiya Kokomi whereby immediately switching characters after she casts her Elemental Skill, then switching back to Kokomi would result in the skill effects playing abnormally.
- Fixes an issue whereby the fox tail effect of Yae Miko might not appear normally when Yae Miko uses her Elemental Burst immediately after the Raiden Shogun uses her Elemental Burst.
- Fixes an issue with the character Yae Miko whereby her Sesshou Sakura ability would attack opponents at random. Sesshou Sakura will now prioritize attacks on the nearest opponents within range after the fix.
- Fixes an issue whereby when a character triggers a conversation and automatically switches characters while sprinting, and Stamina would be abnormally consumed during that conversation.
- Fixes an issue with the character Eula whereby the number of times DMG dealt by Lightfall Sword from her Elemental Burst was abnormal when the frame rate was low.
- Fixes an issue with the character Bennett whereby his Passive Talent “Fearnaught” would have an abnormal duration under certain circumstances.
- Fixes an issue whereby when characters teleport to another location, there is a probability of abnormally alerting nearby creatures.
- Fixes an issue whereby some characters would be obstructed when diving into water, and there is a probability of them remaining suspended in that diving state.
- Fixes an issue whereby after reconnecting to the server, the weapon “Deathmatch” would have abnormal effects.
- Fixes an issue whereby under certain circumstances, when triggering some Weapon or Artifact effects while sprinting, there is a probability that their effects will not apply normally.
- Fixes an issue whereby the actual attack position of Magatsu Mitake Narukami no Mikoto’s skill (a clasping attack with giant hands) does not match the special effect’s position.
- Fixes an issue whereby enemy drops have the probability to rise abnormally after falling.
- Fixes an issue whereby the weapon of “Crackling Axe Mitachurl” could not be interacted with and that the Electro element effects were not consumed normally after triggering the Electro-Charged reaction.
- Fixes an issue whereby the material display of Hydro Slimes, Large Hydro Slimes, Water Droplets created by the Hydro Hypostasis, and the Perpetual Mechanical Array behaved abnormally when they were Frozen.
- Fixes an issue whereby the Corrosion effect caused by the enemies Rifthound, Rifthound Whelps, and the Golden Wolflord had a small probability of remaining abnormally after clearing the Domain.
- Fixes an issue in Co-Op Mode in which the boss “Bathysmal Vishap Herd” had a probability of disappearing.
- Fixes an issue whereby since Version 2.0, characters have a small probability of not being able to lock on to large-sized enemies in the open world (this issue does not occur in Domains).
- Fixes an issue whereby some of the skill effects of the enemy “Ruin Grader” might remain abnormally after being defeated.
- Fixes an issue whereby the Elemental Burst icons of off-field characters would be displayed abnormally under certain circumstances.
- Fixes an issue whereby when the key binding for Jump is changed on the PC, the prompt to escape the Frozen state is still displayed as the space bar.
- Fixes an issue whereby the voice line for Yae Miko’s Profile > Voice-Over “More About Yae Miko: IV” could not be played.
- Fixes an issue whereby some of Sayu and Yun Jin’s Japanese voice-overs could not be played.
- Fixes an issue with the boss Magatsu Mitake Narukami no Mikoto whereby some of her Korean voice-over lines were abnormal.
- Fixes an issue whereby some enemies or environment sound effects are missing or abnormal.
- Fixes an issue whereby the Parametric Transformer gadget cannot be charged when exposed to elemental attacks on burning grass.
- Fixes an issue whereby some Radiant Spincrystals contain incorrect song descriptions.
- Fixes an issue whereby under certain circumstances, the NRE (Menu 30) gadget has a probability of abnormally displaying food that it no longer contained.
- Fixes an issue whereby when driving a Waverider for a long time, there is a probability of abnormal display of camera height.
- Fixes an issue under certain circumstances whereby there will be two NPCs Chef Mao in Liyue Harbor at the same time.
- Fixes an issue whereby some of the skill effects of the enemy “Anemo Samachurl” in the first half of the Spiral Abyss might remain when entering the second half.
- Fixes an issue whereby birds flying had a chance of abnormally colliding with models in the environment.