Diablo 3 Season 25’s patch notes have been revealed in the run-up to the new season, so here’s everything you need to know about patch 2.7.2 and when The Lords of Hell will go live.
Diablo 3 Season 25 is set to kick off pretty soon, and boy does it look like it’ll be a good one. Entitled ‘The Lords of Hell,’ players will be able to channel their inner Prime Evil by wielding the fearsome Soul Stones and snagging some pretty devilish rewards.
In addition to these new socketable items, Patch 2.7.2 also significantly buffs the Witch Doctor, Wizard, and Demon Hunter. So, let’s take a look at what’s all coming, and when it will get here.
- When does Diablo 3 Patch 2.7.2 go live?
- Soul Shards & Hellforge Embers
- Class updates
- Full Patch Notes
When does Diablo 3 Patch 2.7.2 go live?
Diablo 3’s Season 25 patch will go live on December 10 at the following times in your respective regions:
- North America – December 10 at 5pm PDT
- Europe – December 10 at 5pm CEST
- Asia – December 10 at 5pm KST
Diablo 3 Season 25: Soul Shards & Hellforge Embers
Season 25 will bring a new type of socketable item called Soul Shards. There are seven unique Soul Shards, which each gives a different demonic power.
- Read More: Diablo 2 Resurrected fans worried about ladder mode: “this game isn’t ready for release yet”
One of three Prime Evil Soul Shards can be equipped into Helms, and one of four Lesser Evil Soul Shards can be placed into Weapons. Each Soul Shard can be upgraded three times using a new consumable, the Hellforge Ember.
Diablo 3 Season 25: Class updates
Post-PTR, Blizzard have confirmed that the Wizard Witch Doctor, Barbarian, and Demon Hunter will all be receiving significant buffs. This largely comes in the form of their different armor sets.
The Witch Doctor’s Spirit of Arachyr has been completely reworked, and is will let the creepy caster run circles around their enemies and tie them up in their web. The Necromancer’s Bones of Rathma has also been given a serious power boost, as has the Wizard’s Firebird Finery.
Additionally, the Barbarian’s Hammer of the Ancients has also been adjusted, allowing players that prefer to wield the heavy weapon to do so in style.
Diablo 3 Season 25 | 2.7.2 Patch Notes
The full list of updates can be found below courtesy of Blizzard:
Season 25 introduces a new type of socketable item called Soul Shards. Nephalem can find 7 unique Soul Shards, based on the Lords of Hell, which give players demonic new powers. One of 3 Prime Evil Soul Shards can be equipped into Helms and one of 4 Lesser Evil Soul Shards can be equipped into Weapons. Each Soul Shard can be upgraded three times using a new seasonal-exclusive consumable, the Hellforge Ember.
Soul Shards and Hellforge Embers can drop from anywhere in Sanctuary, but Soul Shards have a higher chance to drop from Bosses. Soul Shards cannot be traded, but can be salvaged or utilized in Caldesann’s Despair. You may only equip one Prime Evil Soul Shard and one Lesser Evil Soul Shard at a time. Lastly, Soul Shards and Hellforge Embers only drop in Seasonal play, and will not transfer to your non-seasonal character when the season ends. For a look into the capabilities for each of the Soul Shard powers look below:
Prime Evil Soul Shards
Sliver of Terror
- Base Power: Your cooldowns are increased by 25%. For every skill on cooldown, you take 12.5% reduced damage and deal 12.5% increased damage.
- Additional Powers:
- Your attack speed and critical hit chance are increased by 5% for each skill on cooldown.
- You cast a devastating Ring of Fire after killing 100 enemies.
- If three or more skills are on cooldown, your lightning and fire skill damage are increased by 50%.
Shard of Hatred
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
- Base Power: You deal 15% reduced damage while you have 3 or fewer enemies within 25 yards. If more than 3 enemies are within the same distance, you deal 5% increased damage per enemy (to a maximum of 50%).
- Additional Powers
- Killing an elite enemy pulls all enemies within 40 yards to where the elite died.
- Your Movement speed is increased by 50%. Each enemy within 25 yards reduces your movement speed by 10% up to 70%.
- You now deal 10% increased damage for every enemy instead of 5% (to a maximum of 100%)
Fragment of Destruction
- Base Power: You move unhindered through enemies. Each enemy you pass through receives Mark of Destruction for 7 seconds. Each marked enemy that dies removes 1 second from one of your skills on cooldown. If the Mark of Destruction expires before the enemies die you lose 2% of your maximum health as damage. Marks are not applied if you are below 35% health.
- Additional Powers
- You have a 25% Chance to restore 5% health when an enemy dies with Mark of Destruction active.
- When you apply Mark of Destruction to an enemy, you increase your movement speed by 5% for 7 seconds. Max 10 Stacks.
- You now leave a trail of fire in your wake that slays enemies with the Mark of Destruction and are below 10% health.
Lesser Evil Soul Shards
Stain of Sin
- Base Power: You deal 25% less damage. When you kill 50 enemies, you spawn a pool of blood that increases the damage done to elite enemies by 150% and lasts 15 seconds.
- Additional Powers
- The pool of blood now negates Elite affixes within its area.
- You gain an additional Rift Progress Orb when you kill and elite pack.
- The pool of blood now collects Rift Progress Orbs.
Dregs of Lies
- Base Power: You deal 25% less damage. Your pets deal 25% increased damage.
- Additional Powers
- Killing an elite enemy reduces all your active cooldowns by 5 seconds.
- On receiving fatal damage, spawn a shadow that prevents your death, restores your health to 35%, and grants +225 All Resist to all party members while it is active. The shadow only lasts 15 seconds.
- Each time your pet hits an enemy, your damage is increased by 0.5% for 5 seconds. This stacks up to 100 times. When you reach 100 stacks, the stacks quickly reset to 0.
Remnant of Pain
- Base Power: Your Critical Hit Chance is reduced by 15%. Attacks against Incapacitated enemies are automatically critical hits.
- Additional Powers
- Hitting enemies with cold damage has a 50% chance to freeze them. Cold skill damage is increased to frozen targets by 20%.
- Gain passability while your movement speed bonus is over 50%. When you move through enemies you knock them back and stun them for 2 seconds.
- When you critically hit an enemy you increase the attack speed all players by 5% for 5 seconds. Max 10 stacks.
Essence of Anguish
- Base Power: Every time you deal poison damage to an enemy you increase your cooldown reduction and movement speed by 2.5% while your damage received is increased by 5% for 10 seconds. Max 10 stacks.
- Additional Powers
- Your movement speed and cooldown reduction can be increased up to 15 times by dealing poison damage to an enemy.
- When you deal poison damage to an enemy they receive 50% increased poison damage from all sources for 10 seconds.
- Killing an enemy deals the damage done by the death blow to all enemies within 25 yards.
- Depth Diggers: Primary skills deal 80-100% additional damage.
- Remorseless: While both Wrath of the Berserker and Call of the Ancients are active, Hammer of the Ancients deals 600-800% increased damage.
- Shukrani’s Triumph: After the initial duration of Spirit walk ends, it will continue to last until you attack 3 times or until an elite enemy is within 20 yards of you. Attacks while in the spirit realm deal 75-100% increased damage.
- Lakumba’s Ornament: Reduce all damage taken by 60% if your Soul Harvest stack is at least (1-3), and an additional 2% for each stack of Soul Harvest.
- Spider Queen’s Grasp: Corpse Spiders deals an additional 600-800% damage and releases a web on impact that Slows enemies by 80%.
- Brood of Araneae: Corpse Spiders deals an additional 75-100% damage, and each spider bite causes the target to take an additional 1% damage from Corpse Spiders for 5 seconds.
- Spirit of Arachyr (2-piece bonus): Summon a permanent Spider Queen connected to you by an infested thread. Enemies caught in the thread are infested. Corpse Spider attacks against infested enemies inflict the same damage to all infested enemies. The Spider Queen is commanded to move to where you cast your Corpse Spiders. Corpse Spiders now spawns with health.
- Spirit of Arachyr (4-piece bonus): The Spider Queen now leaves behind webs that lasts for 15 seconds and Slows enemies. Infested enemies remain infested while on the web. You take 75% reduced damage while in the web and for 4 seconds after.
- Spirit of Arachyr (6-piece bonus): The damage of creature skills is increased by 25000%. Creature skills are Corpse Spiders, Plague of Toads, Firebats, Locust Swarm, Hex, and Piranhas.
- Marauder’s Encasement (4-piece bonus): Sentries cast Elemental Arrow, Chakram, Impale, Multishot, and Cluster Arrow when you do, as well as automatically cast your equipped Hatred spenders.
- Marauder’s Encasement (6-piece bonus): Your primary skills, Elemental Arrow, Chakram, Impale, Multishot, Cluster Arrow, Companions, Vengeance, and Sentries deal 12000% increased damage for every active Sentry.
- The Shadow’s Mantle (6-piece bonus): Impale deals an additional 75000% weapon damage to the first enemy hit, and 25000% to subsequent enemies.
- Bombardier’s Rucksack: You may have 2 additional Sentries. Cluster Arrow deals 150-200% increased damage.
- Bones of Rathma (6-piece bonus): Each permanent active minion increases the damage of Army of the Dead by 1750%, up to 31,500%.
- Firebird’s Finery (6-piece bonus): You gain 5000% increased damage while Ignite is applied to a target. Hitting an Ignited enemy with a non-channeling fire spell deals Ignite damage multiplied by Combustion stacks.Pets cannot trigger this effect
- Fixed a bug that prevented pets cast by the player from proccing Oculus Ring if it is equipped on a Follower.
- Fixed a bug that caused Momentum stacks to not always apply properly when using Calamity and The Ninth Cirri Satchel.
- Fixed a bug where Life per Second granted from Mantra of Healing isn’t being applied to the shield generated by Molten Wildebeest’s Gizzard.
- Fixed a bug where Mystic Ally: Earth Ally damage was not increased by The Crudest Boots.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Mystic Ally: Fire Ally active from attacking the Rift Guardian Perendi.
For more on Diablo 3, be sure to check out our class guides.
Barbarian | Crusader | Demon Hunter | Monk | Witch Doctor | Wizard