Instagram has a lot of settings dedicated to user privacy, including likes. Here’s a guide on how to hide likes on Instagram in the settings of the app.
Instagram has been a social media mainstay since its debut back in 2010, allowing users to post photos, videos, and keep up with their friends.
Over the 10 years since the app has come out, it has been acquired by Facebook and has adapted to incorporate all-new features, many centered around user privacy.
Here’s a guide on how to hide how many likes your photos/videos get to others, as well as how to hide them on other people’s posts.
How to hide likes on Instagram
Turning off visibility for likes on Instagram is simple, and can be easily done from inside the app on your smartphone.
To hide all like counts on posts, do the following steps:
- Go to your Instagram profile and click on the three lines in the top right.
- Click Settings on the menu that pops up.
- In the Search bar at the top, type in the word “posts” and select the first option that appears. It should just read “Posts.”
- Click the slider on the first option, “Hide Likes and View Counts.” This will make it so posts on Instagram no longer show like counts underneath them!
How to make likes on your own Instagram posts hidden
If you’d simply prefer that no one be able to see the number of likes on your own posts, the process is simple. Just follow these short steps:
- Click on the post you’d like to hide the number of likes on
- Click the three dots in the top right of your screen, just above the photo
- One option should read “Hide Like Count.” Click that, and your likes on that post will not appear to others.
From here, you can also do things like turn off commenting or edit your post, making it easy to make a quick adjustment or block out any unwanted noise.
And there you have it! All the steps you’ll need to take to properly hide like counts from posts all around Instagram, including your own.
If you want to know more about how to use Instagram, you can check out our other guides here:
How to link your Instagram account to TikTok | How to see your first-liked Instagram post | How to switch Instagram feed to chronological order | How to re-share a post to your Story on Instagram | How to make money on Instagram | How to hide likes on Instagram