When you’ve posted a new picture to your Instagram account, you may want to give it a boost by sharing it to your story. Here’s how to do so.
Social media apps are known for trial and error. From Twitter’s ‘Fleets’ to Instagram’s activity log, it’s impossible to predict which features will flop and which will be a fan favorite.
Instagram’s August 2021 update included a brand new way to re-share posts to your stories, but not everyone was a fan, with some claiming the new process was more “difficult.”
However, it seems that the app has since changed to allow for a much easier system when it comes to sharing your posts to your Instagram story. Here’s how to do it.
How to share a post to your Instagram story
Now that Instagram has reverted to the easier process, sharing a post to your story shouldn’t be too difficult.
- Read More: How to delete Instagram account on iPhone
To re-share a post on Instagram, you need to:
- Open Instagram.
- Go to the post you want to share to your story.
- Click on the triangle share button beneath the image.
- Select ‘Add post to story.’
- Move and resize the picture to your liking, and add any text or stickers you want to add.
- Click the ‘Your story’ button to upload it.’
You’ll be able to share your own posts, as well as other users’ uploads as long as they have the feature turned on.
How to turn on story sharing
If you want to allow other people to share your posts, you’ll need to make sure it is allowed in your settings.
- Tap your profile picture to head to your profile.
- Tap the three lines in the top right, then go to settings.
- Click, ‘Privacy’ then ‘Story.’
- Ensure the button next to ‘Allow sharing to story’ is flipped to the on position (note: your account will need to be public for this option to be made available.
Sharing posts to your story can be a great way to boost your own uploads, as well as other people’s.