Although TikTok is centered around short-form content, many users are looking for ways to make their videos longer so that they can squeeze more into one post, rather than spreading it across several installments.
TikTok has become one of the most popular social media platforms, thanks to the wealth of trends, filters, songs, and short funny videos that live on the app.
But as the user base increases and more people are trying their hand at content creation, many are wondering whether there is an option to film and upload longer videos.
How long can a TikTok be?
While users could originally only record and upload 15-second videos on TikTok, that limit was later extended to one minute, and then to three minutes, following demand for longer videos in order to be able to incorporate more into one video.
Although the 3-minute limit has allowed content creators a lot more freedom, some requested that the limit be extended again. In February 2022, TikTok revealed that they were starting to roll out 10-minute videos across the platform.
- Read More: How to go live on TikTok
The new video length has certainly been divisive so far, but may prove to be useful for many users, who often have to upload a video in several parts in order to give a tutorial or share a storytime.
How to make a 10 minute TikTok?
Although the feature started rolling out in late February, not everyone will be able to make 10-minute TikToks right away.
To check if you already have the feature:
- Open TikTok.
- Click on the plus button at the bottom of the screen to open the camera.
- Above the pink record button, swipe across the different time limits to see whether 10-minutes is an option.
If the option isn’t there, unfortunately it means that you currently don’t have access to the feature. However, as TikTok rolls it out to more and more people, it shouldn’t be long until you’re able to make much longer videos.
How to make a TikTok with multiple videos?
If you’re not able to make the most of the 10-minute video feature, then you might have to get creative with cramming as much content into 3 minutes as you can. One way to be efficient with the time limit is to upload multiple clips for the same video, and crop them to your liking.
- Read More: How to use the TikTok shapeshifting filter
Here’s how to insert multiple different clips or images into one video:
- Launch TikTok, and click the plus button to start a new video.
- Click the ‘Upload’ button in the bottom-right corner to upload media from your camera roll.
- Tap on the circles in the pictures or video you want to add to your video to select them.
- Click ‘Next,’ and then ‘Adjust clip’ to edit the length of your videos.
- Tap ‘Next’ again, then add any effects, text, or music you want to add.
- Upload as normal.
It may not be the perfect solution to the short time limit, but it may help you pack more content into 3 minutes while waiting for the 10-minute feature to roll out across the platform.