How to block and unblock people on TikTok
Do you ever worry about certain people finding your videos on TikTok? Or have you ever scrolled through your FYP only to find certain creators you’d rather not see again? Fear not, there’s an easy way for you to both block and unblock people on TikTok – here’s how to do it.
With TikTok getting more popular every day and its user base being ever-increasing, there are more people creating, posting, and engaging with content on the platform than ever before.
While the social media app used to have a heavy focus on lip-syncing content, the sheer amount of creators making a home for themselves on it has meant that there are now countless different communities and styles of content to be enjoyed on the site.
This means that there’s a far greater chance of stumbling into videos that just aren’t your thing, and sometimes, these posts can end up being offensive, or just pop up too frequently.
Blocking accounts stops unwanted content from appearing on your FYP, and can also help protect you against harassment from other users. Thankfully, the process of blocking and unblocking people is simple.
How to block someone on TikTok:
- Go to the profile page of the user you want to block.
- Tap the three dots at the top right-hand corner of their profile to open the share menu.
- At the bottom row, there will be an icon of a circle with a line through it labeled ‘Block.’ Select this and follow the on-screen instructions to block the user.
By blocking a user they are unable to engage with you on the app via direct messages, or by interacting with any of your content.
It also means you won’t be able to view the videos on that account.
How to unblock someone on TikTok:
You may find that you eventually decide to unblock a user you previously had blocked, and this is easily done.
- Go back to the profile of the user you want to unblock.
- Select the three dots at the top right-hand corner to open the share menu.
- Select the ‘Unblock’ option in the bottom set of icons and follow the on-screen instructions to unblock the user.
Following this, the account should then be able to interact with you as they previously could, and you will be able to see that person’s content again.
The block feature can be utilized for a variety of reasons and helps users to have a better experience on the platform.
If you want to learn more about how to use TikTok, you can check out our other guides here: