The TFT patch 11.21 is here which means Set 5 is officially over. Here are the full October 20 update notes, including buffs to Lucian and Kayle, nerfs to Akshan, and more crazy changes as Riot sends off Reckoning ahead of Set 6.
The dawn of the final TFT Set 5 update is here. TFT patch 11.21 is going to send Reckoning off with a bang ahead of the mega Gizmos & Gadgets launch.
While the last update went a bit crazy with the second Radiant Armory and increased loot drops from Divine Blessings, Riot aren’t doing anything too insane for 11.21.
Here’s what we know about TFT patch 11.21.
What’s coming in TFT patch 11.21?
Final update before TFT Set 6
TFT patch 11.21 marks the end of Reckoning, with Gizmos & Gadgets and TFT Set 6 on the horizon.
A co-op mode is finally dropping too. Named Double-Up, you can pair up with a friend (or a random) and work together to secure the win, sharing units and items along the way.
TFT Set 6 will launch on patch 11.22.
Riot rebalances Sentinels with Lucian buffs, Akshan nerfs
Before then though, we’ve got to dive into the live changes.
The Sentinels comp has had a couple of different carries across its life in Set 5.5. While Lucian carry was once the meta, he’s now just become an Akshan item holder as the patches kept culling his stats.
TFT patch 11.21 will look at rebalancing the trait’s carries. Lucian will be buffed up slightly while Akshan will be toned down.
This will be done by touching their respective base stats. Lucian is getting a 5 AD buff — which is not insignificant. Akshan on the other hand is losing 50 health, so he will be more squishy once he dives into the backline.
Kayle buffs give her one last chance to shine
Kayle had all the hype of being an insane five-cost carry in Reckoning. However, that has hardly been realized — outside of a slim meta with a Knights comp.
The final update will give a buff to the Redeemed-Legionnaire to finally let her fulfil that fantasy.
She will now have more damage immunity at her third Ascension, granted at every 12th attack instead of every 15th — which scales nicely with attack speed. Her Final Ascension will also do more damage.
Whether it’s enough remains to be seen, but Riot obviously want to see the angel get some play in Set 5.5.
The Mystic trait is also in line for buffs, which will go down a treat alongside the planned Vel’Koz nerfs (no more Squid Game). Miss Fortune and Zyra are getting nerfed as well, with a few more minor balance changes for Poppy, Syndra, Heimerdinger, and Gwen expected.
Here are the complete TFT patch 11.21 update notes, courtesy of Riot.
TFT patch 11.21 notes
- Buckler Toss Damage: 150/250/400 ⇒ 150/250/450
- Force of Will Damage: 250/350/600 ⇒ 250/350/650
- Make it Rain Damage: 250/375/600 ⇒ 250/375/550
- Grasping Roots Damage: 200/300/575 ⇒ 200/300/525
- Attack Damage: 70 ⇒ 75
- Lifeform Disintegration Ray Damage: 900/1150/4000 ⇒ 850/1100/4000
- Health: 850 ⇒ 800
- 3-Star Gwen’s snips now reach a much larger area
- Upgrade!!! Damage: 400/600/3333 ⇒ 425/600/3333
- 3rd Ascension Immunity: Every 15th Attack ⇒ Every 12th Attack
- Final Ascension Damage: 80/125/4000 ⇒ 90/150/4000
- Stage Health and Attack Damage Scaling: 16% ⇒ 13%
- Attack Speed: 25/75/135/250% ⇒ 25/70/135/250%
- Magic Resist: 40/80/150/250 ⇒ 40/80/175/300
- Attack Speed: 20/80/500% ⇒ 20/80/600%
- Running with Scissors: Gwen’s Ability’s base damage and percent Health damage no longer roll for crits separately. If Gwen’s Ability critically strikes, both portions of her damage will crit simultaneously.