GTA Online is gearing up for its final major update of 2020 – the Cayo Perico Heist patch. So, here’s everything you need to know from release time to patch notes.
In late July, Rockstar Games confirmed that they had a new heist in the works for Grand Theft Auto Online players, and that it would be released as a part of the game’s annual winter update.
Since then, the GTA developers have confirmed that the new heist is set on a new island known as Cayo Perico, you’ll be able to use a submarine as your heist HQ, and that they’ll be adding a whole host of new content to the game. That includes everything from new radio stations to new cars and a new nightclub.
The majority of this new content will play a key role in the heist, but what’s changing? Well, here’s everything we know.
What’s coming in GTA Online’s Cayo Perico heist update?
Well, the biggest change coming in this new update is, of course, the Cayo Perico Heist. The job looks to have the biggest payout of any of the GTA Online heists too, at around 4 million. Though it will cost around $2,000,000 in set-up because you must own the new submarine.
Additionally, there are currently six new vehicles available. That’s not a lot, considering previous GTA Online updates have added upwards of 15, but we’ll see more drip-fed out over time – especially cars, as there is only available right now from the new heist.
We’ve already mentioned a new nightclub too – the Music Locker. This is located under the Diamond Casino and will play a role in the heist, as that’s where you’ll trigger the first few steps.
GTA Online Cayo Perico submarine price, upgrades & range
The standout addition, away from the heist itself, is the new Kosatka submarine. It plays a key role in the heist, as it will act as your base of operations – like the Arcade for the Casino heist.
Now, if you want one, it’ll cost $2,200,000 in its standard configuration but you can upgrade it a whole lot, and end up with a total cost of around $9,000,000 – if you go all out with the weapons, vehicle slots, and everything else.
Additionally, Rockstar insider TezFun notes that if you spring for the missile system, the guided missiles have a 4000m range. So, if you docked down at Vespucci Beach, you’ll be able to shoot pretty much anywhere across the city. And, there’s only a one-minute cooldown too, so you can really fire off missiles at a rapid rate.
Customization for the Submarine
— GTA GFX (@GTAGFX) December 15, 2020
New weapons in Cayo Perico update
There are three new weapons in this new update as well, so its not the raft of additions that many were expecting.
As TezFun notes, these are the Perico Pistol, Military Rifle, and Combat Shotgun. The latter two will cost $397,500 and $295,000 respectively, so make sure you’ve got some cash put aside for them.
Military Rifle – $397,500
Combat Shotgun – $295,000#GTAOnline
— Tez2 (@TezFunz2) December 15, 2020
Cayo Perico heist update patch notes
- A new feature to toggle strobe lights in The Music Locker has been added. In the Style section of the Interaction Menu, the strobe light toggle can be found, listed as “Music Locker Strobes” and can be toggled on or off.
- New DJ Request Missions have been added to GTA Online for owners of the Casino Penthouse who have completed The Cayo Perico Heist. Players will earn special rewards for completing these requests.
- Two new Radio Stations have been added:
- K.U.L.T 99.1 FM
- Still Slipping Los Santos
- Two existing Radio Stations have been updated with all-new mixes and tracks:
- Worldwide FM
- FlyLo FM
- New Hidden Cache collectibles have been added to GTA Online. Players can find up to 10 Hidden Caches on the ocean floor around San Andreas each day. Players who own the Kosatka Sonar Station can blip the Caches on their radar. Players are rewarded with GTA$ and RP for finding these Hidden Caches.
- Over 180+ items of clothing have been added for both Male and Female characters in GTA Online.
- Over 30+ Tattoos have been added to GTA Online.
- Nine new Face Paints have been added to GTA Online.
- Six new celebration emotes have been added to GTA Online, which can be used while dancing:
- Crowd Invitation
- Suck It
- Take Selfie
- Several new Awards related to The Cayo Perico Heist have been added to GTA Online, including the opportunity for players to earn up to 1.4 million in bonus GTA$ for various Heist challenges.
- Five new styles of Blackjack tables and four new styles of Three Card Poker tables are available for purchase for players who own a Casino Penthouse and the Private Dealer. They can be purchase from the Casino Shop using Chips and equipped using the Interaction Menu.
GTA Online Fixes
Game Stability and Performance
- Fixed several issues that caused game crashes, freezes and other stability problems
- Fixed a stability issue that caused high memory usage for PC players, which could have led to pausing/stuttering on low specification hardware
- Fixed an issue that may have caused players to get stuck on a black screen during transitions between GTA Online content
Matchmaking & Networking
- Fixed an issue that resulted in players getting stuck on the sky camera after attempting to use the ‘Quick Job’ option to enter a Casino Heist lobby
- Fixed an issue that resulted in players remaining in the same session after using the ‘Find New Session’ option
- Fixed an issue that resulted in players getting stuck on a loading screen when accepting a Job invite while inside the Arcade
- Fixed an issue that may have caused network errors during the race portion of the GTA Online Tutorial
- Fixed position sync issues with the Rune Zhaba vehicle when some players in a GTA Online session are running at a high framerate
- Fixed an issue that resulted in the news van getting stuck on a sign stopping Mission progression during the Casino Work Mission – Fake News
- Fixed an issue that caused the Casino Heist Prep Mission – Duggan Shipments to end unexpectedly after launching
- Fixed an issue that caused the Police Van from the Casino Heist Random Encounter – Patrick McReary to appear during an Open Wheel Race
- Fixed an issue that resulted in the Mission starting with 3 seconds on the timer in the Casino Heist Random Encounter – Patrick McReary
- Fixed multiple instances of incorrect button prompts that were present in several Arcade Games on the Japanese version of the game
- Fixed overlapping text that was present in the Arcade Game – QUB3D
- Fixed an issue that resulted in players with restricted accounts being able to see the custom initials of players on the high score screen of Arcade Games
- Fixed an issue that caused the Movie Props Hidden Collectibles to be missing from their intended location
- Fixed an issue that caused Lester’s car to not be drivable in the Heist Mission: Fleeca Job – Scope Out
- Fixed an issue that caused players to be stuck with no functionality in the Heist Mission: Fleeca Job – Scope Out
- Fixed an issue that resulted in players getting stuck after trying to launch the Heist Mission: Fleeca Job – Scope Out
- Fixed an issue that resulted in players being unable to use the skip trip functionality in the in the Heist Mission: Prison Break – Plane
- Fixed incorrect objective text that was present in the Heist Mission: Prison Break – Station
- Fixed an issue that caused players to fall through the map during the Casino Heist – Finale
- Fixed an issue that caused players to be taken into a Casino Heist Mission after not choosing an option on the Next Job Voting Screen, despite having made no Casino Heist progress
- Fixed visual issues that were present after quitting spectator mode during the Adversary Mode – Every Bullet Counts
- Fixed an issue that resulted in players being unable to re-equip rebreathers during the A Superyacht Life Mission – Salvage
- Fixed an issue that resulted in players being unable to use their weapon wheel during the A Superyacht Life Mission – Salvage
- Fixed an issue that resulted in players losing camera functionality in the Gerald’s Last Play Mission – Make Ends Meat
- Fixed a button conflict that was present in the Arena War – Game Masters
- Fixed an issue that resulted in players falling under the map after modding a vehicle in the Arena Workshop Property
- Fixed an issue that resulted in players being unable to deliver Cargo during the Business Battle – Assassination
- Fixed an issue that resulted in players getting stuck on the objective ‘Hack the Security Panel’ in the Business Battle – Factory Raid
- Fixed an issue that caused the Mission to instantly fail after launching a Sell Mission
Awards and Daily Objectives
- Fixed an issue that caused the Daily Challenge – ‘Participate in the Featured Series’ to not register correctly
- Fixed issues that resulted in players’ Arcade set up progress getting reset
- Fixed an issue that resulted in players getting stuck after drinking at the Arcade bar
- Fixed camera issues that were present when entering the Arcade
- Fixed an issue that resulted in players losing movement functionality after storing the Enus Paragon R (Armored) in their Office Garage
- Fixed helicopter spawning issues on the Yacht
- Fixed visual issues that were present with the Office Garage cutscene
- Fixed an issue that resulted in players being unable to exit their Arcade after accepting an invite
- Fixed an issue that resulted in players getting stuck on a loading screen after driving into the Arena Garage
- Fixed an issue that prevented several variations of vehicle cinematic cameras from appearing for all vehicles
- Fixed an issue that caused the Bravado Gauntlet Classic’s trade price to be displayed incorrectly on the Benny’s Original Motorworks site
- Fixed an issue that prevented Cargobob helicopters from being able to pick up the Vapid Peyote Custom using the hook
- Fixed several miscellaneous model and texture issues for the following vehicles:
- Invetero Coquette D10
- Bravado Gauntlet Classic Custom
- Albany Manana Custom
- Vapid Peyote Custom
- Bravado Youga Classic 4×4
- Fixed clipping issues that were present with several of the ‘Open Shirts’ and ‘Open Party Shirts’
- Fixed several miscellaneous clipping and texture issues for the following clothing items:
- Animal masks (and other larger mask options)
- Tucked Short Shirt variants
- Untucked Short Shirt variants
- Sport Shorts
- Yacht Captain outfit
- Reduced the frequency that the player will receive call, text and email notifications regarding content from previous GTA Online content updates
- Fixed an issue that resulted in vehicles not arriving after being requested from Ms. Baker
- Fixed an issue that resulted in players being unable to interact with certain activities in the Casino
- Fixed an issue that caused the Avenger’s entrance trigger to not be visible to players
- Fixed an issue that resulted in spectators being unable to swap filters
- Fixed an issue where PlayStation 4 players without a PS Plus subscription would not be directed to the correct menu when attempting to access GTA Online
- Fixed an issue that caused some weapon magazines and attachments to be missing during cutscenes