PS Plus is getting a huge overhaul in June 2022, with a new tiered subscription setup and even more games. Here’s all we know about PS Plus in June 2022 for Essential users.
PS Plus is getting a huge overhaul in June as part of an effort to streamline PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Now, as well as fend off competition from Xbox Game Pass. While many of the details are up in the air, we do know that if you’re sticking to the “Essential” tier you’ll now be getting two monthly games.
If that’s not enough, there are Extra and Premium tiers, too — we’ll cover those in a moment.
Here’s everything we know about the new PS Plus games for June in the Essential tier.
- PS Plus games for June 2022
- When will PS Plus games for June 2022 be officially announced?
- How to get PS Plus games
- PS Plus subscription tiers explained
It’d be fair to say that May saw the old regime off with a bang, with FIFA 22 added to the lineup and a free PS Plus Ultimate Team pack included, with it.
Now, PlayStation has confirmed that June 2022’s free PS Plus games are:
- God of War (2018)
- Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker
- Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl
God of War (2018) is no doubt the biggest draw for June’s PS Plus lineup, considering the critical acclaim it received following its release, along with its much-anticipated sequel supposedly releasing later this year.
Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl’s inclusion is particularly surprising, especially given that the game only launched in recent months. Sadly, its player count dropped to just one player, at least on Steam. PlayStation Plus could be a great way to rejuvenate it, though.
- Read more: Everything we know about Project Spartacus
While some fans have suggested the likes of Demon’s Souls remake could be included, we know that’ll be part of the Extra tier now that Sony has revealed the full list of games.
It’s an exciting time to be a PS Plus subscriber with the long-awaited overhaul because we’re very much in the dark about what’s coming.
The PS Plus games for June 2022 will be available Tuesday, June 7 as revealed by the PlayStation Blog’s post.
The three games will be available for players to download until Tuesday, July 4.
Considering PlayStation Blog has been very consistent with when it reveals next month’s PS Plus lineup, players can expect July 2022’s PS Plus games to be revealed on June 29 at 8:30AM PST / 11:30AM EST / 4:30PM BST / 5:30PM CEST.
If you are looking to claim these games as a part of the June 2022 lineup, you’ll need to follow these few short steps:
- On the home screen of your PlayStation console, head over to the PlayStation Plus symbol in the top left.
- Once there, you will be able to download all the active games for the current month of PS Plus.
- You will also also be able to subscribe to the service if you are not already.
- The new titles will now be in your Library!
Here are the basic benefits of each tier of PlayStation Plus as of June 2022:
PlayStation Plus Essential ($9.99/€8.99/£6.99/¥850 per month)
- Two monthly downloadable games
- Exclusive discounts
- Cloud storage for saved games
- Online multiplayer access
PlayStation Plus Extra ($14.99/€13.99/£10.99/¥1,300 per month)
- Provides all the benefits from the Essential tier
- Adds a catalog of up to 400 of the most enjoyable PS4 and PS5 games – including blockbuster hits from our PlayStation Studios catalog and third-party partners. Games in the Extra tier are downloadable for play
As a reminder, we now have the launch game list — we’ve collected all the ones we know of in one place.
PlayStation Plus Premium ($17.99/€16.99/£13.49/¥1,550 per month)
- Provides all the benefits from Essential and Extra tiers
- Adds up to 340 additional games, including PS3 games available via cloud streaming, a catalog of beloved classic games available in both streaming and download options from the original PlayStation, PS2, and PSP generations
- Offers cloud streaming access for original PlayStation, PS2, PSP, and PS4 games offered in the Extra and Premium tiers in markets where PlayStation Now is currently available. Customers can stream games using PS4 and PS5 consoles, and PC
- Time-limited game trials will also be offered in this tier, so customers can try select games before they buy.
For more on quarterly and annual pricing, be sure to check out our detailed breakdown of PS Plus.
That’s everything we know about the PS Plus June 2022. For more free games you can snag right now, be sure to check out our guides for the latest on Xbox Game Pass.