Fortnite update 23.40 is here, bringing loads of features including a Most Wanted event, new skins, and plenty of unvaulted weapons. Here are the patch notes.
There are only a few weeks until the end of Fortnite Chapter 4: Season 1, but the devs at Epic Games still have a couple of mid-season content updates planned to keep things fresh until then.
The latest update is quite a big one, as it’s adding loads of weapons back to the loot pool and introducing a new event called Most Wanted that will affect the main Battle Royale mode.
Below, you’ll find the Fortnite v23.40 patch notes and details of the bug fixes that are being issued with this update.
Fortnite update 23.40 patch notes
The Most Wanted event begins
A new event called Most Wanted will begin following the v23.40 update. Players will need to complete Most Wanted Quests, increase their Infamy level, and earn Cold Blooded Medallions.
Doing this will progress you along a reward track that includes cosmetics like the Solid Skull Back Bling and the Cold Blooded Ace Skin – all for free!
This event also introduces a Heat system that increases when you eliminate opponents. As your Heat Level rises, Cold Blooded NPCs will become more aggressive and you’ll be visible to other players on the map.
You can find out more about the Most Wanted event here.
New Reality Augments have launched
Just like previous updates, v23.40 has introduced a few new Reality Augments to play around with. We’ve listed them below:
- Keymaster – Grants two Keys for opening Holo-Chests
- Last Shots – The last two bullets of your Pistol magazine deals bonus damage
- Exotic Grab Bag – Receive a random Heisted Exotic Weapon
- Sniper Surplus – Sniper Rifles gain one extra ammo in their magazine
We’ve got a complete list of Reality Augments and their perks if you want to learn more.
New Exotic Weapons have arrived
Five brand new Exotic Weapons have debuted during the Most Wanted event:
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
- Explosive Assault Rifle – Fires explosive rounds
- Breacher Shotgun – Perfect for destroying
- Accelerate Shotgun – Increases movement speed and fire rate as you damage enemies
- Run N Gun SMG – Infused with Slap and reloads your magazine when sprinting
- Bling Mag SMG – Grants Zero Point Dash for a few seconds after reloading
It’s expected that these Exotic Weapons will only be available during the Most Wanted event, so make the most of them while you can.
Several weapons have been unvaulted
Not just one, but six weapons have been taken out of the vault and added back into the Fortnite weapon pool with the v23.40 update, giving you plenty to try out when completing those Most Wanted Quests.
The Suppressed Pistol, the Dual Pistols, the Hand Cannon, and the Heavy Sniper will be found in the regular loot pool, while the Boom Sniper and the Hop Rock Dualies rejoin the Exotic weapon lineup.
Dragon Ball items are going back in the vault
We hope you’ve enjoyed using the Kamehameha and Nimbus Cloud items for the past few weeks, as they’ll be heading back into the vault following the v23.40 update. Sad times!
A bunch of new skins are on their way
Fortnite updates pretty much always bring new skins and cosmetics to the game, but there seems to be more than usual with the v23.40 update.
You can see some of the new skins below, including an original Valentine’s Day skin called Folly and a new FNCS Jonesy skin. It’s likely that these will appear in the shop over the next couple of weeks.
More weekly challenges
As with every Fortnite update, a brand new set of weekly challenges will be added to the game, which will give you even more opportunities to earn XP and work through this season’s Battle Pass.
Fortnite update 23.40 bug fixes
The following bug fixes are expected to ship with the 23.40 update:
- The Sparkle Specialist outfit is not reflective and shiny.
- Sarah Connor’s Resistance Leader style has a stretched face.
- Save Device may reset player scores and other stats in Creative Mode.
- Some devices may be capped to 60 FPS despite selecting 90 FPS on mobile.
That’s everything we know about Fortnite update 23.40! We’ll keep this page updated as more information is revealed.