Dr Disrespect reacts to Tfue wanting to create his own org - "You remind me of myself" - Dexerto
Entertainment

Dr Disrespect reacts to Tfue wanting to create his own org – “You remind me of myself”

Published: 24/May/2019 1:56 Updated: 24/May/2019 2:29

by Albert Petrosyan

Share


Popular Twitch streamer Dr Disrespect had some complimentary words for Turner ‘Tfue’ Tenney amid all of the controversy surrounding the Fortnite Battle Royale pro’s lawsuit against FaZe Clan

Tfue’s lawsuit against FaZe Clan has been all the talk over the past few days, and Dr Disrespect is the latest prominent figure to give his take on the situation.

Advertisement

On May 23, FaZe CEO Lee Trink claimed that Tfue’s intentions behind the lawsuit were to free himself up from his contract, so that he would be free to move on and create his own esports org – one that would inevitably compete against FaZe.

Whether or not these claims have any truth to them remains to be seen, but as far as the Doc is concerned, he sees nothing wrong with Tfue’s vision. 

Advertisement

“Imagine being the best player on the most popular game, and then starting your own organizations, and you’re the best player,” he tweeted. “Big vision. I like it Tfue. Your remind me of myself. And I’m being humble for once.”

It’s true that the Doc rarely ever displays humility on his stream or social media posts, so it’s pretty clear he was being quite serious and heartfelt in what he was saying.

That being said, the jury is still very much out on whether Tfue’s intentions justify his actions, and there’s a chance that this lawsuit could end up leading to a very drawn out legal battle. 

Advertisement

This tweet, of course, isn’t the first time that the Doc has shared his throughts on the Tfue-FaZe drama that’s unfolded over the past few days. On May 20, just hours after the news of the lawsuit first broke, the Two-Time posted a video giving his immediate reaction on the developing story.

“If he leaves FaZe Clan, I’m picking him up,” he said, tongue-in-cheek. “He’s joining me. He doesn’t need an organization anymore, he’s joining me. He and I are taking over the world.”

Tfue-FaZe lawsuit drama – what we know so far

The drama between Tfue and FaZe became public on May 20, when it was revealed that he had filed a lawsuit against the org for binding him to an “oppressive” contract, among other things. 

Advertisement

After nearly two days of silence, Tfue released his first statement in a video late in the evening on May 22, explaining that his aim was to expose how “bizarre” and “fucked” his contract with FaZe was.

FaZe founder Ricky ‘Banks’ Banks has been very vocal in defending the org throughout the drama, promising that FaZe will soon make the contract public, all while calling Tfue a “selfish asshole,” and publishing an emotional video about why he could never forgive him.

Advertisement

As of May 23, the contract has still not been been released, although it was reportedly leaked shortly following Tfue’s video. However, there is no way to confirm the validity of the leak until FaZe make the official agreement available. 


As always, we will continue to bring you updates to this drama as more information becomes available. 

Entertainment

Jake Paul slammed by fans for throwing second party in a row

Published: 18/Oct/2020 22:10

by Charlotte Colombo

Share


Another day, another controversy for one of the infamous Paul brothers. This time, Jake Paul has found himself under fire for throwing his second party in two days in what used to be the Team 10 mansion.

Since quitting YouTube in September, Paul has had a fairly quiet few weeks (for him, anyway). But recently, he has once again faced fan’s fury for ignoring local restrictions not once, but twice.

Advertisement

As highlighted by Twitter reporter DefNoodles, Jake Paul has thrown multiple bashes in the past few days, despite restrictions in the area making it very clear that this currently isn’t allowed.

One post on the Instagram story of model Charly Jordan shows Paul bringing in a birthday cake for fellow YouTube star Brandon Amato as a crowd closely congregates in his usually-sprawling living room.

Advertisement

Meanwhile, another Instagram story by TikToker Jon Marianek – which is alleged to be from the same party- shows further crowding with no masks or social distancing. It also reveals that Sway House star Bryce Hall – who has recently come under fire for his own partying ways – also attended the bash.

Unsurprisingly, fans on Twitter were less than enthusiastic about Paul’s actions. One enraged fan tagged the Mayor of LA’s Twitter account, asking him, “What action are you taking to combat this?”.

Other fans called Paul “disgusting” for throwing the parties, with one user commenting that “these kids would do anything for clout”.

Advertisement

While there were a couple of fans who attempted to defend Paul – like the fan who asked, “What makes you think that C*vid is in the house?” – the reception to this news was overwhelmingly negative, with one user chiming in that they “hope Karma comes back to hit you where it hurts”.

Instagram: Jake Paul
Paul previously made headlines in July for throwing a rules-defying house party.

This isn’t the first time Paul has come under fire for throwing parties during the current health crisis: back in July, he received backlash from major news outlets and even YouTubers like Tyler Oakley for throwing a huge bash in his California home, with his neighbors calling him “irresponsible and selfish”.

He has also experienced legal trouble as of late, with the FBI raiding his house for weapons in August. It is unclear how these latest revelations will impact his current legal issues.

Advertisement

Paul is yet to comment publicly on this issue.