Since the news that he had filed a lawsuit against FaZe Clan became public on May 20, Tfue had been virtually silent on the subject, despite all of the controversy that the lawsuit had stirred up.
Finally, on May 22, Tfue broke his silence and published a short, two-minute video to YouTube and social media, captioning it “My Response #ReleaseTheContract.”
In the video, Tfue mentions that the whole purpose of the lawsuit was not to upset anyone or stir up drama, but rather to bring attention to the contract he signed with FaZe, which he now clearly regrets.
“I never wanted to upset anybody, I never wanted to get bad stuff in, I never wanted anyone to get emotional, because it’s not about that,” he said. “This is about me and this contract. This contract that I signed when I didn’t know any better, I’m an idiot, I never should have signed it in the first place. This three-year contract.”
Although he’s not allowed to disclose specific details about his contract, Tfue went as far as to say that it was “bizarre” and “fucked,” claiming that it gives FaZe the power to “take all my hard earnings and all my hard work, and just strip it.”
He mentioned figures like “over 49%” and “over 79%,” although not really describing what role they play in his agreement with the org.
“What I’m trying to do here is just serve justice to the esports community,” he said. “These kids are getting ripped off, they’re getting taken advantage of. These contracts are not ok, and this needs to never happen again.”
He went on to ask FaZe to disclose the contract for all to seee: “FaZe Clan, please, release the contract, for the public to see. Let me show the public. Just give me permission to show these people the truth.”
Furthermore, in a comment Tfue posted below the video, he explained why the lawsuit should not have come as a surprise to anyone at FaZe.
“I want to make it very clear that I tried multiple times for multiple months to get out of this contract,” he wrote. “No one was blindsided by this, NO ONE.”
As for rest of his lawsuit, which included mention of underage drinking, forcing new signings to lie about their age, and gambling, Tfue confirmed that he’s asked his lawyer to remove them from the lawsuit.
Here is Tfue’s video in its entirety:
UPDATE – FaZe Banks responds to Tfue’s video
Shortly after Tfue’s video went live, FaZe Clan founder Ricky ‘Banks’ Banks posted a series of tweets responding to what had been said in the video.
Banks claimed that the org will indeed be releasing the contract for the public to see, and also extended an olive brand to Tfue in attempts to “try and solve this.”
Banks, of course, had been the FaZe member most vocal in defending the org since the lawsuit went public, including an emotional video he published that was addressed to Tfue.
FaZe Clan themselves are yet to officially release a response to the video, although they’ve previously denied having taken any significant amount of money from Tfue’s earnings.
As always, we will continue updating this article with more information as it becomes available.
Last Update: May 22, 2019 – 11:30 PM EST