All Modern Warfare 3 perks: Boots, Gloves, more
Modern Warfare 3 introduces significant changes to the Call of Duty series, notably in how it incorporates gear into the perk system. Here’s a comprehensive guide on what’s new and different.
The community expressed dissatisfaction with Modern Warfare 2’s limiting perk system, labeling it ‘horrible.’ It reached the level that Sledgehammer Games had to take action by implementing a thoroughly revised system in MW3.
In MW3, the traditional perk system has been foregone in favor of using a gear system. Gloves improve weapon handling, Boots improve operator movement, Vests offer loadout versatility, and Gear brings back familiar perks.
To make building a loadout simple, players can equip one item from each category in the game, and perks are active from the moment a match begins until it ends.
- All Vests perks in Modern Warfare 3
- All Gloves perks in Modern Warfare 3
- All Boots perks in Modern Warfare 3
- All Gear perks in Modern Warfare 3
All Vests perks in Modern Warfare 3
- Demolition Vest – Resupply lethal and tactical equipment every 25 seconds
- Gunner Vest – Deploy with max ammo & improved reload speed (Duplicate effects do not stack. If equipped with Mag Holster, gain the effects of Mission Comlink)
- Engineer Vest – Spot enemy equipment, Field Upgrades, and killstreaks through walls & aiming down sights highlights enemies for team & faster Field Upgrade recharge
- Infantry Vest – Increases tactical sprint duration and reduces refresh time (Duplicate effects do not stack. If equipped with running sneakers, gain the effects of Lightweight boots
- CCT Comms Vest – Increases duration enemies stay on radar and zooms out radar for you and nearby allies. Enemies you kill drop intel packs, which generate a radar ping for you and nearby allies when collected. Duplicate effects do not stack. If equipped with Data Jacker (Gear), gain the effects of Mission Control Commlink (Gear).
- Overkill Vest – Increased weapon swap speed. Reload while sprinting. Duplicate effects do not stack. If equipped with Quick-Grip Gloves, or Commando Gloves, gain the effects of Marksman Gloves.
All Gloves perks in Modern Warfare 3
- Quick-Grip Gloves – Increased weapon swap speed
- Scavenger Gloves – Resupply ammo and throwing knives from dead players.
- Commando Gloves – Enables reloading while sprinting
- Ordnance Gloves – Throw equipment farther. Reset fuse timer on thrown back grenades.
- Marksman Gloves – Reduced sway and flinch while ADS.
- Assault Gloves – While jumping, accuracy and time to ADS is improved.
All Boots perks in Modern Warfare 3
- Covert Sneakers – Eliminates footstep sounds
- Stalker Boots – Increased strafe & ADS movement speed
- Tactical Pads – Increases slide distance & allows for full ADS while sliding. Increases stance transition speeds & crouched movement speed
- Running Sneakers – Increases Tac Sprint duration and reduces refresh time.
- Lightweight Boots – Increases movement & swim speed. Reduces noise while swimming
- Climbing Boots – Increased climbing & mantling speed. Reduces fall damage
All Gear perks in Modern Warfare 3
- EOD Padding – Reduces damage from non-killstreak explosives and fire
- Tac Mask – reduces strength of enemy flash, stun, and gas grenades. Immunity to shock, EMP, and Snapshot Grenades
- Mission Control Comlink – Reduce Killstreak cost by one kill. Reduce Scorestreak cost by 125
- Bone Conduction Headset – Reduce combat noise, allowing improved identification of enemy footsteps and gunshots
- Mag Holster – Improved reload speed.
- Blacklight Flashlight – Shows recent enemy footsteps.
- L/R Detector – Earns of hostile laser and radiation sources
- Ghost T/V Camo – While moving, blocks detection by UAVs, enemy radar sources, and heartbeat sensors
- Threat Identification System – While ADS, automatically pings enemy locations in crosshairs.
- Data Jacker – Enemies you kill drop a smartphone. Collecting the smartphone generates a radar ping from that location.
- Signal Jammer – Emits a signal disrupting placed enemy claymores and mines. Warns of nearby enemy equipment.
- Hijacked IFF Strobe – Undetectable by AI targeting systems and thermal optics. Does not highlight in enemy Tactical Cameras or Recon Drones.
That’s everything you need to know about perks in Modern Warfare 3! For more content on the game, check out our guides below:
Best Modern Warfare 3 AR class loadouts | How to slide cancel in Modern Warfare 3 | Best controller settings in Modern Warfare 3 | All maps & modes | How to play Modern Warfare 3 at 120 FPS on PS5 | Modern Warfare 3 TTK | How long is the Modern Warfare 3 campaign? | Campaign mission list | How to fix packet burst | How to play MW3 Zombies in third person