How to attach bait in Stardew Valley: All fishing rods explained
Fish are a very important resource in Stardew Valley fishing mechanics can be tricky to master particularly when it involves attaching bait to your rod in the game. So, here’s a rundown of every fishing rod in the game and how to add bait to them all.
Using bait to fish in Stardew Valley is the best way to guarantee you’ll catch higher-quality fish. There’s a huge variety of these sea creatures in the game and their availability will rotate depending on the in-game season. Every species also has its own catching difficulty and some can only be caught if they’re lured in with bait.
Knowing which bait to use in the game, and how to attach it to your rod is essential to get the most price-winning catches, so we’ve got everything you need to know about fishing rods and bait right here.
With these tips, you’ll be catching the best fish in no time!
How to attach bait in Stardew Valley
Not all fishing poles are created equal in Stardew Valley. The original Bamboo Fishing Rod does not have a slot for bait, so you must upgrade to either a Fiberglass Fishing Rod or Iridium Fishing Rod in order to utilize bait.
Attaching the bait is extremely simple, all you have to do is:
- Purchase bait at Willy’s Fish Shop or craft it yourself!
- Open your inventory and pick up the bait with the designated button. (Left-click for PC, Y for Switch, Square for PlayStation, and X for Xbox)
- Now select the fishing rod you wish to use and attach the bait by clicking the Use Tool button.
You have now successfully attached bait to your fishing rod in Stardew Valley!
Types of Bait in Stardew Valley
Here is a list of every type of bait available in Stardew Valley, where to find it, and how much it will cost.
|Common bait. Causes fish to bite faster and reduces the delay before a bite by 50%.
|– x1 Bug Meat
|Craftable bait that enables the user to catch two fish at once.
|– x10 Fiber
– x5 Slime
– x5 Bug Meat
|Magic-enhanced bait enables players to catch fish from any season no matter the weather condition or water type.
|– x1 Radioactive Ore
– x3 Bug Meat
|Increases the chances of finding treasure by 15%. Does not affect the bite rate for fish.
|– x1 Iron Bar
When can you craft Bait in Stardew Valley?
You won’t be able to craft common Bait until you have reached Fishing Level 2.
How to get Worm Bin in Stardew Valley
Once you hit Fishing Level 8, you will also be able to craft the Worm Bin. This craftable item will provide you will 2-5 pieces of bait on a daily basis rather than needing to craft them on your own one by one with Bug Meat. To craft the Worm Bin, you will need:
- x25 Hardwood
- x1 Gold Bar
- x1 Iron Bar
- x50 Fiber
It is also worth noting that the Magnet is better crafted than purchased, as you will be able to craft x3 by using x1 Iron bar instead of 1,000 gold per when purchasing from Willy. You will learn to craft the Magnet at Fishing Level 9.
Types of Fishing Rods in Stardew Valley
There are four different types of fishing rods available in Stardew Valley at this time; Bamboo Pole, Training Rod, Fiberglass Rod, and Iridium Rod.
- Bamboo Rod can be acquired as early on as Day 2 in-game if you run down to Willy’s dock and complete the cutscene. You will know where to find Willy on Day 2 when he sends a letter in the mail asking you to pay him a visit.
- Training Rod can be purchased from Willy with 25g and makes fishing itself easier, but can only catch basic fish.
- Fiberglass Rod can also be purchased from Willy’s shop for 1,800g and will include a slot for you to add bait.
- Iridium Rod requires you to be Fishing Level 6 in order to purchase it from Willy and will cost 7,500g. This rod will include two slots; one for Bait and one for Tackle.
- Crab Pot to catch fish after reaching Fishing Level 3. You can choose to purchase one from Willy for 1,500g or craft one yourself using:
- x40 Wood
- x3 Iron Bar
It is also worth noting that if you choose the Trapper profession it will cost less materials to make the Crab Pot.
So, there you have it. That is everything you need to know about how to use fishing bait in Stardew Valley!
Hopefully, this Stardew Valley fishing bait guide will make your journey as a fisherman much easier and help you earn the big bucks from selling your catch.
9 Stardew Valley farm ideas in 2023 | What is the Skull Key | Stardew Valley Barns | Is Stardew Valley cross-platform? | Best games like Stardew Valley | Stardew Valley Barns | Is Stardew Valley cross-platform? | How to catch Catfish in Stardew Valley | How to get garlic in Stardew Valley | How to get Iridium Ore in Stardew Valley | How to get clay in Stardew Valley | What’s the Stardew Valley Fair? | Stardew Valley Scarecrow range