Rainbow Six Operation Crimson Heist may be underway, but the experience hasn’t been all smooth sailing. With a host of bugs and exploits cropping up, Ubisoft is working on squashing them in the March 25 Y6S1.1 update.
However, there’s also been a fair share of exploits and bugs cropping up. Ubisoft are cracking down on them though in the Y6S1.1 patch. Here’s what you need to know.
🛠 Y6S1.1 PC Maintenance Starting Now 🛠
🖥️PC: 9am ET / 1pm UTC
⏲Estimated Downtime: 30 mins
Full Patch Notes🔗https://t.co/UMwzl0JtLW
— Rainbow Six Siege (@Rainbow6Game) March 25, 2021
Knife peek exploit removed
After the launch of Crimson Heist, Rainbow Six ranked has been terrorized by players knifing around corners to get even more of a peeker’s advantage.
Players were able to go around a corner and knife to get a wide peek, while only revealing a small part of their body.
- Read More: Operation Crimson Heist battle pass details
If they had an angled grip on their gun, they could even take advantage of the quick peek and kill an enemy before they have a chance to fight back.
The melee peek exploit is broken. Dealt with it in ranked for the first time today and boy it was unfun. I hope the fix from the test server gets pushed to live build before NAL starts.
— Michael Stockley (@KiXSTArTV) March 21, 2021
The exploit will be fixed in the update though, so expect to see less players running around mashing their knife key. If you do though, you should be able to fight back pretty easily.
Recoil bug fixed
Another big bug fixed in the Y6S1.1 patch deals with recoil. Players reported that, no matter the gun, there’d be some change in the recoil pattern randomly.
Former pro player Niclas ‘Pengu’ Mouritzen described it as being “Finka-buffed” after getting his aim knocked to the ground.
I spent some tine in TH with smg11 and it feels like there is either aim assist or some completely crazy random recoil?
sometimes the 5-6th bullet will just knock me towards the ground as if I got finka buffed, and it feels very odd
— Pengu (@Pengu) March 16, 2021
Changes were shipped onto the test server to fix the bug, and they have been relatively successful. Happy with the outcome, Ubisoft are shipping the changes live in the Y6S1.1 patch.
You can find the full Rainbow Six Y6S1.1 patch notes below.
Rainbow Six Y6S1.1 patch notes
Tweaks and Improvements
- Streamer Mode preferences have been added to the Options menu.
- They allow streamers to hide the region and latency info on their screen from viewers and enable a hidden matchmaking delay to prevent queue sniping.
Charms Loadout Menu
- The charms in the operator album and player loadout menus will now be sort by rarity and alphabetical order. This is a temporary fix while waiting for those sections to be properly revamped.
- FIXED – Title enters infinite loading after cinematic of situation Cold Zero if the game is still installing.
- FIXED – Players can fast peek around corners by leaning and knifing the air.
- FIXED – Bailiff 410 handgun awards Battle Pass progress to the “Close Quarters” shotgun challenge instead of the “Handgun Eliminations” challenge.
- FIXED – Vertical recoil stops/drop down sometimes when a player tries to compensate it.
- FIXED – Player can avoid Match Cancellation Penalty if their entire team is self-eliminated and the player reconnects during the end of round.
- FIXED – Multiple misplaced assets, clipping, and collision issues on various maps.
- FIXED – Multiple exploitable gaps on various maps.
- FIXED – Various LOD issues on Border map.
- FIXED – Multiple texture issues on various maps.
- FIXED – Various lighting issues on Border map.
- FIXED – Various asset issues in Spectator mode.
- FIXED – Attacker drones spawn inside the AC unit box on the roof of EXT Pedestrian Customs.
- FIXED – Montagne hip fire cone is too small after the shield is unextended.
- FIXED – Flores’ weapon clips through his Claymore if the player equips it after the detonation of the RCE-Ratero Charge.
- FIXED – RCE-Ratero Charge that is anchored to a wall will change its position if caught by a Pest that is also anchored to the wall.
- FIXED – Mira can deploy the Black Mirror over part of an indestructible wall in 1F Workshop on Border map.
- FIXED – Maestro’s Evil Eye camera is obstructed when the device is deployed on the floor.
- FIXED – Flores’ RCE-Ratero Charge HUD can be seen during end of round and MVP if activated just before the round ends.
- FIXED – The RCE-Ratero Charge HUD will appear red if one of Flores’ drones is destroyed at the same time that he deployed the RCE-Ratero Charge.
- FIXED – Replay access is disabled after quitting a match replay.
- FIXED – The ticker overlaps with the loadout bar in the Caster HUD.
- FIXED – When the player enters Observation Tools and switches their stance, there are discrepancies in the first and third person views.
- FIXED – Missing the in-game notification that occurs when a player levels up a Ubisoft account.
- FIXED – Watch section does not refresh when player leaves a Squad.
- FIXED – Various UI and navigation issues throughout the game.
- FIXED – Various localization issues throughout the game.
- FIXED – Minor cosmetic and shop fixes.
- FIXED – Multiple VFX are pixelated with the latest NVIDIA Drivers 461.72.
- FIXED – Wrong description appears in the Premium Battle Pass purchase panel when the player has already reached Tier 98 or above.