The Luminous Legends X event has arrived in Pokemon Go, introducing a number of Gen 6 creatures like Goomy and the Legendary Xerneas, as well as a new timed research quest and field research tasks to complete.
Despite Gen VI’s Pokedex being added to the game back in December 2020, fans of X & Y have patiently been waiting for Xerneas to make its debut. Thankfully, the wait is now over as Niantic has added the Kalos Legendary alongside other ‘mon including Goomy, Spritzee, and Swirlix.
There’s also a timed research quest that will reward trainers with plenty of Fairy-type encounters and the new Rainy Lure Module to evolve Sliggoo into Goodra, as well as several event-exclusive field research tasks to complete.
Luminous Legends X Timed Research Quest Steps in Pokemon Go
There are seven steps in the Luminous Legends X timed research, with three quests to complete in each. These range from easy tasks like sending gifts and catching Pokemon, to more difficult ones like defeating Team Go Rocket leaders and winning Raids.
Below, you’ll find all of the challenges and rewards on offer, including some great Fairy-type encounters and the new Rainy Lure Module. Remember, you’ll need to complete all of these timed research quests before the event ends.
Luminous Legends X Step 1
- Send 5 gifts to friends – Jigglypuff encounter
- Defeat 3 Team Go Rocket Grunts – Bagon encounter
- Catch 7 Fairy-type Pokemon – Clefairy encounter
Rewards: 1,500 XP and 15 Great Balls
Luminous Legends X Step 2
- Earn 7 hearts with your buddy – 10 Razz Berries
- Purify 3 Shadow Pokemon – Dratini encounter
- Catch 15 Fairy-type Pokemon – Marill encounter
Rewards: 2,000 XP and a Rocket Radar
Luminous Legends X Step 3
- Defeat Team Go Rocket Leader Arlo – 5 Hyper Potions
- Defeat Team Go Rocket Leader Cliff – 3 Revives
- Defeat Team Go Rocket Leader Sierra – 3 Max Potions
Rewards: 2,500XP and a Super Rocket Radar
Luminous Legends X Step 4
- Find the Team Go Rocket Boss – 2,000 XP
- Battle the Team Go Rocker Boss – 2,000 XP
- Defeat the Team Go Rocket Boss – 2,000 XP
Rewards: 4,000 XP and 10 Pinap Berries
Luminous Legends X Step 5
- Evolve 3 Fairy-type Pokemon – 1 Sinnoh Stone
- Use an Incense – Mawile encounter
- Catch 20 Fairy-type Pokemon – Spritzee encounter
Rewards: 4,000 XP and 10 Pinap Berries
Luminous Legends X Step 6
- Make 10 Great Throws – Swirlix encounter
- Use 15 Berries to help catch Pokemon – Cottonee encounter
- Catch 7 different species of Fairy-type Pokemon – Azumarill encounter
Rewards: 6,000 XP and 15 Ultra Balls
Luminous Legends X Step 7
- Complete 5 Field Research tasks – 25 Pokeballs
- Win 1 Raid – Gible encounter
- Catch 50 Fairy-type Pokemon – Clefable encounter
Rewards: 5,000 Stars and a Rainy Lure Module
Luminous Legends X Field Research Tasks in Pokemon Go
Alongside the standard Pokemon Go field research tasks, you’ll also be able to collect several event-exclusive field research tasks by spinning Pokestops during the Luminous Legends X event, all of which offer some great encounters.
Here are the Luminous Legends X field research tasks and rewards:
- Catch 10 Dragon-type Pokemon – Gible encounter
- Catch 5 Fairy-type Pokemon – Marill or Cottonee encounter
- Catch 10 Fairy-type Pokemon – Spritzee or Swirlix encounter
- Catch 15 Fairy-type Pokemon – Galarian Ponyta encounter
- Use 7 Berries to help catch Pokemon – Spritzee or Swirlix encounter
- Win 2 Raids – Gible encounter
Pokemon Go Luminous Legends X date & start time
The special Kalos celebration kicks off on Tuesday, May 4 at 10AM and runs until Monday, May 17 at 8 PM local time. Fairy-type Legendary Xerneas will begin to appear in 5-star raids throughout the 13 days and will permanently be added to the mode’s rotation after the celebration is over.
- Read More: Pokemon Go IV vs CP differences explained
Not to be overshadowed is the addition of wildly popular Pokemon Spritzee, Swirlix, and Goomy. After years of waiting, Trainers can finally get their hands on lovable gooey Dragon, Goodra. Luminous X will mark the introduction of weather-based Lures too.
Luminous Legends X event features explained
As well as the obvious introduction of Xerneas and new creatures including Spritzee, Swirlix, and Goomy, there are a number of changes in the Luminous Legends X event.
The Rainy Lure Module will finally make its debut, evolving Goomy and Sliggoo into Goodra. Dragonite evolved during the event will learn Draco Meter, and Salamence evolved during the event will learn Outrage.
The following Pokemon will have increased spawn rates during the event:
The following Pokemon will be appearing in 7km eggs during the event:
That’s everything you need to know about the Luminous Legends X event in Pokemon Go.
While there’s little info at the time of writing, it’s been confirmed that the Luminous Legends Y event will go live in late May, where Xerneas’ Gen VI counterpart, Yveltal, will be making its first appearance in raids.