Niantic has revealed Pokemon Go will celebrate Spring with an Easter event in April 2021. The limited-time festivities will include the debut of Mega Lopunny, Shiny Bunnelby, and more.
Pokemon Go is kicking off its April Seasons of Legends with a special Easter-themed event. The celebration will appropriately honor the series’ bunny-inspired Pokemon.
Fans of Gen IV’s Lopunny can finally get their hands on its wildly-anticipated Mega evolution. Here is everything you need to know about the epic Spring festival, including its features and rewards.
Pokemon Go Easter Celebrate Spring event start time & date
Just like Valentine’s Day in February, Pokemon Go continues to give players holiday-themed events in 2021. On April 4 at 10:00 AM, the mobile title will host its own in-game Easter celebration.
The festivities don’t just end there either as Trainers will be able to continue catching special ‘mon and unlocking rewards up until April 8 at 8:00 PM local time.
- Read More: Is Pokemon Go getting Malamar & Goodra soon?
Niantic is giving players plenty of incentive to participate, from Mega Lopunny and Shiny Diggersby’s debut to a variety of rewards. Below we will break down everything you can expect from the Easter event.
Pokemon Go Easter Celebrate Spring Event features & rewards
- Special Flower Crown-wearing Pokemon: Pikachu, Chansey, Blissey (if evolved)
- Boosted spawn rates: Exeggcute, Marill, Plusle, Minun, Buneary, Bunnelby, and more
- Spring-themed Collection Challenge
- Team Rocket encounters: Boosted appearance of Shadow Exeggcute
- 2km Eggs: Exeggcute, Flower Crown Eevee, Flower Crown Pichu, Flower Crown Happiny, Togepi, Azurill, Buneary, Munchlax, Rufflet, Bunnelby
- Mega Lopunny Raids
- Event-exclusive Spring-themed Gift Stickers: Can be found in the store or at PokeStops
- Event-exclusive Field Research: Encounters with Azumarill, Rufflet, and more
Pokemon Go Spring event Field Research details
Niantic has implemented a number of Field Research tasks for trainers to complete, allowing them to earn exclusive encounters. Here are each of the tasks and what rewards you’ll earn for completing them:
- Catch 5 Exeggcute – Reward: Pikachu encounter, Eevee Encounter, Buneary Encounter
- Catch 15 Exeggcute – Reward: Azumarill Encounter
- Catch 25 Exeggcute – Rewards: Chansey Encounter
- Use an Incense – Rewards: Chansey Encounter
- Win two Raids – Rewards: Rufflet Encounter
Pokemon Spring event Raid rotation
As with every new event in Pokemon Go, Niantic has shaken up the Raid rotation for players in-game. Here’s every encounter you can expect to come across during the ongoing Spring event.
- Flower Crown Pikachu
- Flower Crown Eeevee
- Alolan Exeggutor
- Flower Crown Chansey
- Therian Forme Tornadus
- Mega Lopunny
- Mega Manectric
- Mega Gengar
- 2× Hatch Candy
- Lucky Eggs will last for one hour
- 1/2 Egg hatch distance when you place an Egg in an Incubator during the event
Hopefully, that’s caught you up on everything you need to know about the Spring into Spring event and the rewards up for grabs. Remember, the event only lasts until April 8, so make the most of it!
Pokemon Go’s Easter festivities continue the mobile title’s tradition of hosting fun in-game celebrations to mirror real-world holidays.