Riot kept things measured for the last update, but in TFT Patch 10.21, some bigger changes are on the way. Moonlight and Divine are getting mini reworks, and a host of other traits like Cultist, Shade, and Vanguard are getting changed.
TFT Fates is currently in a pretty good spot of balance. Riot remarked before the release of TFT Patch 10.20 that they are looking to just make small changes to not throw the balance of power out.
However, TFT Patch 10.21 will definitely shake things up on the face of it. Two trait reworks, a lot of buffs, and more — the meta could shift when the update drops on October 14.
Moonlight now gives two four-star champions
You can currently get Moonlight Chosen to help set up your composition with two units instead of three. However, there’s four Moonlight units, so getting any more is a bit of a waste considering the trait caps out at three units.
In TFT Patch 10.21 though, you might actually have a reason to pursue a five Moonlight composition. The trait is getting a five-unit buff, where it stars up two units instead of one. This means you can actually get two four-star champions.
However, it raises the dilemma. Do you pursue two four-stars — especially with Diana nerfs also in the pipeline — or do you build out into more useful traits? If you land the early three-stars it’ll be worth, but be careful pushing for it too hard.
Divine to give more powerful, but temporary buff
Divine currently in TFT is a bit underutilized. While the buff is powerful with the bonus true damage, it lurks in the shadows of other powerful traits like Dusk and Spirit. However, that might chance in TFT Patch 10.21.
The new Divine trait will give a more powerful buff, but it’ll only be temporary. It’ll have the same activation — six attacks, or dropping below 50% health — but activating it will instantly cleanse all crowd control.
Divine champions will then take 80% reduced damage and deal 50% bonus true damage. The buff duration will increase in length from three to 15 seconds depending on the number of Divine units you have. This more powerful buff might be enough to make Divine worth pursuing.
Cultist nerfed as Galio now scales on unit star levels
With Spirit now taken care of, Riot have turned their attention to Cultist. The Galio-spawning trait is incredibly strong in the early game, where you can splash it in at either three or six-units for a hugely powerful buff.
However, they’re making it less of a splashable trait and something you have to invest in. Galio will now scale based on his Cultist allies star levels. His base AD and health have been tanked to encourage players to commit to Cultist or pivot.
Looking elsewhere, Shade is also getting extra damage at all levels, while there’s a new Vanguard eight-unit bonus giving units 2,000 armor — good luck shredding through that. Ninja is getting a buff at four units too to hopefully drag the underpowered trait up.
- Read more: TFT Fates battle pass details
Champions-wise, Elise, Jarvan IV, Azir, Lillia, Zilean, Nidalee, Teemo, and Kennen are set to get buffs, mostly to their ability damage.
Diana, as we mentioned earlier, is getting a nerf after her recent buff though. She will have less orbs at four stars, meaning her ability is less of a nuke. Kayn, Jax, Veigar, Riven, Jhin, Talon, and Ahri are on the nerf list too.
You can find the full TFT Patch 10.21 preview below, courtesy of Surrender@20. We will keep this updated as more changes hit the PBE.
TFT Patch 10.21 preview notes
- Ability orbs lowered from 4/5/6/10 to 4/5/6/9
- Ability health on hit increased from 40/80/120 to 40/80/160
- Ability damage amp per hex increased from 10% to 20%
- Turrets will now stop firing when Aphelios is disabled
- Ability damage increased from 175/250/500 to 175/250/750
- Mana increased from 50/100 to 60/110
- Ability damage increased from 200/300/600 to 300/450/900
- Ability damage increased from 300/450/900 to 300/450/1350
- HP lowered from 650 to 600
- Ability damage lowered from 500/800/4000 to 500/750/3000
- Ability damage lowered from 444/500/4444% to 444/500/1234%
- Ability wave damage lowered from 300/450/1500 to 300/450/1350
- Ability AD bonus % lowered from 200/225/300 to 200/225/250
- Ability damage increased from 200/350/2000 to 200/350/8888
- Shadow assassin: Extra damage lowered from 75% to 65%
- Spell damage lowered from 450/600/6666 to 400/600/6666
- Ability sleep duration changed from 3.5/3.5/8 to 3/4/8
- Ability targets increased from 2/2/10 to 2/3/10
- Ability health restored lowered from 350/700/3000 to 350/500/3000
- 2 unit duration increased from 2 to 2.5
- 3 unit duration increased from 3 to 4
- 4 unit duration increased from 5 to 7
- Galio’s base HP and AD now scales off the Cultists’ total star levels
- Galio base HP lowered from 1600/3800/6666 to 1000/1750/2500
- Galio base AD lowered from 125/400/1000 to 80/180/400
Changed effect: Upon attacking 6 times of dropping below 50% health, Divine champions remove all crowd control and ascend, taking 66% reduced damage and dealing 50% bonus true damage for the duration.
- 2 units: 4 seconds
- 4 units: 7 seconds
- 6 units: 10 seconds
- 8 units: 14 seconds
- Fortune 3 loot table reduced from 0 to 4 losses
- Fortune 6 loot average value buffed from 10.25g to 11.65g
- Bonus damage changed:
- 2 units lowered from 175% to 150%
- 4 units increased from 175% to 200%
- 5 units increased from 175% to 225%
Changed effect: At the start of combat, the lowest star-level Moonlight Champions star up until combat ends. (If tied, the champion with the most items is chosen.)
- 3 units: 1 champion
- 5 units: 2 champions
- 2 unit MR increased from 35 to 40
- 4 unit MR increased from 95 to 100
- 6 unit MR increased from 175 to 200
- 4 unit AD increased from 120 to 150
- 4 unit Spell Power increased from 120% to 150%
- Now requires 4 auto attacks to proc instead of 3
- 2 unit bonus damage increased from 100 to 150
- 3 unit bonus damage increased from 325 to 400
- 4 unit bonus damage increased from 650 to 750
- 6 unit armor increased from 500 to 600
- Added 8 unit bonus: 1500 armor
Chalice of Power
- Spell power buff increased from 30% to 40%
- Armor and MR buff increased from 12 to 15
Locket of the Iron Solari
- Shield increased from 250/300/375/500 to 350/450/600/800
- Spell damage decreased from 200 to 180
- Now does 180 bonus damage to shielded or crowd controlled champions
- CC blocking duration lowered from 12 to 10 seconds
- Base damage lowered from 85 to 75
- Bonus damage to shielded or stunned units increased from 85 to 175
- Attack speed buff increased from 30% to 40%
- Minion base AD increased from 70 to 150
- Now taunts all enemies at the start of combat to the wearer for 2 seconds
- Modified Chosen appearance rate to reduce some of the worst luck cases and streakiness
- Guaranteed you’re shown at least one Chosen by 2-2
- Removed change that prohibited unbought champions from repeating in consecutive shops.
- Fixed a typo in Fortune
- Clarified Morellonomicon tooltip (item applies effect when the holder deals magic damage with their spell)
- Fixed an issue where the following units would show the wrong color on their spell’s tooltip when given spell power: Tahm Kench, Hecarim, Nunu, Azir, Kayn
- Pyke’s ability now hits slightly in front of him, allowing him to hit cornered units
- Fixed a rare issue where strange Chosens could appear in the shop, but buying them would give you a one-star copy of a different unit.
- Kayn no longer casts if there are no enemies in range that he could hit
- Sett can no long cast Showstopper on an enemy Sett who is out of combat due to The Boss
- Fixed some bugs with specific Fortune loot tables that were dropping a bit more than intended