The second season of Teamfight Tactics is well underway, and Riot are looking to shake the meta up by adding a new origin, two new units in Leona and Karma, new items, and even more cute Little Legends to play with.
While Season 10 of League of Legends is just around the corner, Teamfight Tactics has been back in action for around a month now. However, just because it’s already kicked off for the year, doesn’t mean that it’s been forgotten in League’s big double-digit celebration.
TFT players have received a present to start off the new year from Riot including new units, items, and Little Legends to help shake up the meta in 2020.
Leona and Karma are Teamfight Tactics’ first Lunar trait units. The bonus activates when both units are on the field, giving everyone on board an extra 15% crit chance, 15% crit damage, and 10% spell power every seven seconds, up to four times.
Leona is a one-cost Lunar-Warden with the ability to deploy a Lunar Barrier, reducing all incoming damage by a flat amount of 40/90/140 for five seconds. With nine Wardens now in TFT, six of which are under three-cost, getting a tanky comp online has never been easier.
Karma is a three-cost Lunar-Mystic gaining her shield Inspire from Summoner’s Rift in TFT. She tethers to her closest ally, shielding them for five seconds and giving them an attack speed buff.
With Leona giving armor through Warden, and Karma giving magic resist through Mystic, Lunar champions are incredibly good buffers for team compositions that can help boost both attack and defensive stats.
Items-wise, three new items have been added to replace some old classics. Last Whisper replaces Repeating Crossbow, with a new ability of reducing target’s armor by 90% after critical hits.
Titan’s Resolve builds out of the components of Phantom Dancer, giving units a stacking damage bonus after dealing or being hit by a critical strike. At 50 stacks, they also gain a defensive bonus.
Bramble Vest joins in place of Thornmail, negating bonus damage from incoming critical strikes and reflecting basic attacks to nearby enemies. The new items help empower, and counter critical-chance stacking compositions, which Lunar brings to the forefront of TFT.
Frozen Heart, Iceborn Gauntlet, Ionic Spark, Quicksilver, Locket of the Iron Solari, Luden’s Echo, Statikk Shiv have all received mini reworks as well.
The Flutterbug, Craggle, and Tocker Little Legends can be picked up in the shop now as well. The three adorable creatures are part of TFT’s seventh set, and you can run, jump, or fly around the arena with more choices than ever.
Not everything in TFT is shiny and new though. A host of balance changes have been pushed through to help tone down, or pick up, some of the game’s more problematic units and traits.
Nocturne has received nerfs to his attack speed and damage, weakening the powerful Blender composition. Amumu, Patch 9.24’s new Inferno-Warden, has also lost a bit of his damage and utility in earlier levels, but has gained more power if players can get the five-cost unit to three stars.
Vayne, Warwick, Jax, Malzahar, Neeko, Senna, Skarner, Syndra, Varus, Aatrox, Azir, Annie, and Master Yi all received a buff of some sort as well. Qiyana, Sivir, and Nami were the only other units nerfed on the first patch of Season 10.
Druid, Light, and Shadow traits have all been buffed, while Ocean received a slight nerf to its mana regen at earlier tiers.
You can find the full patch notes below.
TFT Patch 10.1 notes
- (2): Every 7 seconds, your team gains 15% Critical Strike Chance, 15% Critical Strike Damage, and 10% Spell Power. (Stacks up to 4 times)
- Tier 1
- Class: Warden
- Health: 650/1170/2106
- Armor: 40
- Attack Damage: 50/90/162
- Attack Speed: 0.55
- Mana: 50/100
- Ability: Lunar Barrier – Leona reduces all damage done to her by 40/90/140 for 5 seconds.
- Tier 3
- Class: Mystic
- Health: 600/1080/1944
- Armor: 20
- Attack Damage: 50/90/162
- Attack Speed: 0.7
- Mana: 75/100
- Ability: Inspire – At the start of combat, Karma tethers to her closest ally. Karma shields the tethered ally (or a random one if the tether is dead) for 5 seconds, absorbing the next 250/400/800 damage. While the shield holds, the ally receives 60/70/80% bonus Attack Speed.
New Little Legends
Wants to take over the world — and eat all the yummiest things in it. But, he’s very small. He often has to hide under things in order to not get squashed. While he hides, he machinates on his complex plans.
An adorable statue carved from the finest Demacian petricite (anti-magic stone). He has a soft spot for the vulnerable creatures of the world, and tries to protect them with every ounce of his strength as if he was a giant colossus — even if he is still growing.
Tocker is constantly tinkering with things to make them better, even on his own body! (His left wing is always a bit squeaky). He loves meeting new people and learning about the world through his enormous blue eyes.
Last Whisper (New)
- Recipe: Sparring Gloves + Recurve Bow
- Replaces Repeating Crossbow.
- Critical hits reduce the target’s Armor by 90% for 3 seconds. This effect does not stack.
Titan’s Resolve (New)
- Recipe: Chain Vest + Recurve Bow
- Replaces Phantom Dancer.
- When the wearer is hit or inflicts a critical strike, they gain a 2% stacking damage bonus, up to 100%. At 50 stacks, the wearer gains 25 Armor and MR; and increases in size. Resets every round.
Bramble Vest (New)
- Recipe: 2xChain(z) Vest
- Replaced Thornmail
- Negates bonus damage from incoming critical hits. On being hit by a Basic Attack, deal 80/120/160 magic damage to all nearby enemies (once every 1 second maximum). Scales with wearer’s Star Level.
Frozen Heart (Mini-Rework)
- Before: Nearby enemies’ attack speed is slowed by 25%
- Now: Nearby enemies’ attack speed is slowed by 40%. (Stacking increases the radius of this effect, not the amount of the slow)
Iceborn Gauntlet (Mini-Rework)
- Before: Upon dodging an attack, creates a zone of ice. Enemies inside the zone have their attack speed reduced by 25%.
- Now: After casting a spell, the wearer’s next basic attack freezes the target for 1.5 seconds.
Ionic Spark (Mini-Rework)
- Before: Deal 90 true damage to an enemy when they cast a spell.
- Now: Enemies within 3 hexes that cast a spell are zapped, taking magic damage equal to 200% of their max Mana.
- Before: Gains a spell shield that prevents the next crowd control from applying. This shield refreshes after 3 seconds.
- Now: [UNIQUE] The wearer is immune to crowd control.
Locket of the Iron Solari (New Scaling)
- Shields allies for 300 for 8 seconds ⇒ Shields allies within two hexes in the same row for 250/275/300 damage for 8 seconds (scales with wearer’s Star Level)
Luden’s Echo (New Scaling)
- Deals 150 magic damage ⇒ Deals 120/160/200 magic damage (scales with wearer’s Star Level)
Statikk Shiv (New Scaling)
- Deals 100 magic damage to 3 enemies ⇒ Deals 80 magic damage to 3/4/5 enemies (scales with wearer’s Star Level)
- Proc Chance: 25% ⇒ 20%
Red Buff & Morellonomicon
- Burn: 20% over 10 seconds ⇒ 18% over 10 seconds
- Druid Health Regen: 40 ⇒ 45
- Light Attack Speed Bonus: 15%/25%/35% ⇒ 15%/35%/55%
- Ocean Mana Regen (per 4 seconds): 15/30/60 ⇒ 10/30/60
- Shadow Bonus Damage: 60%/140% ⇒ 65%/150%
- Vayne Health: 500 ⇒550
- Vayne Ability Damage (Percentage of Max Health): 9%/12%/15% ⇒ 10%/13%/16%
- Warwick Mana: 50/150 ⇒ 50/125
- Warwick Ability Damage: 200/450/700 ⇒ 200/500/800
- Jax Health: 650 ⇒ 700
- Jax Attack Damage: 50 ⇒ 55
- Malzahar’s Minion Attack Damage: 30/60/90 ⇒ 40/70/100
- Neeko Total Mana: 80 ⇒ 60
- Senna Ability Ally Damage: 15/30/55 ⇒ 15/40/65
- Skarner Shield Bonus Attack Speed: 30%/65%/100% ⇒ 50%/75%/100%
- Syndra Total Mana: 80 ⇒ 65
- Varus Ability Damage: 225/450/675 ⇒ 225/450/800
- Aatrox Health: 700 ⇒ 800
- Aatrox Ability Damage: 250/500/1000 ⇒ 300/600/1200
- Azir Spell Damage: 125/250/375 ⇒150/275/450
- Nocturne Attack Speed: 0.75 ⇒ 0.7
- Nocturne Attack Damage: 60 ⇒ 55
- Qiyana Stun Duration: 3/4/5 ⇒ 2.5/3.5/4.5
- Qiyana Ability Damage: 300/500/700 ⇒ 300/500/900
- Sivir Ability Duration: 7 Seconds ⇒ 5 Seconds
- Annie’s Tibbers Attack Damage: 150/300/1000 ⇒ 125/350/1500
- Twitch Ability Attack Damage Ratio: 125%/150%/300% ⇒ 130%/160%/300%
- Amumu Stun Duration: 2/2/2 ⇒ 1.5/2/5
- Amumu Ability Damage: 150/250/1337 ⇒ 100/200/1337
- Amumu Starting/Total Mana: 50/125 ⇒ 75/150
- Master Yi Ability Bonus Damage: 50/75/500 ⇒ 75/100/500
- Nami Ability Damage: 150/250/350 ⇒ 100/200/300