Three new units and a whole new Soulbound class are being added to Teamfight Tactics in Patch 9.24, as well as a host of balance changes to units like Maokai, Ivern, Singed, and Lux.
The new Teamfight Tactics set has been live for around a month now, and the meta has firmly settled itself in. Between Poison-Predators, waiting rooms for late-game units, and random Lux luck, TFT Set 2 has been a bit of a wild ride.
Patch 9.24 looks to balance out some of the game’s mechanics after its complete overhaul between sets, and try and force out a new meta from the current set.
Two new units – Lucian and Senna – are part of a new Soulbound class released on TFT Patch 9.24. Lucian is a four-cost Light-Soulbound, getting his ultimate, the Culling as his new spell.
Senna, on the other hand, is a two-cost Shadow-Soulbound, getting her Q, Piercing Darkness, to buff allies and damage enemies. The Shadow origin has also been restructured to a three-/six-unit bonus, rather than a two-/four-unit bonus.
- Read more: How to get free Little Legend for TFT
The Soulbound buff allows Lucian and Senna to stay alive for longer. Instead of dying, a Soulbound unit will stay in the spirit realm and continue to fight as long as they are alive, which is very fitting for Senna and Lucian lore-wise.
Amumu also joins the roster as a five-cost Inferno-Warden unit, giving the very squishy Inferno origin some much needed late-game tankiness.
There’s also a host of balance changes being dropped on the latest patch. Woodland-Druid compositions will be hit by nerfs to Maokai and Ivern. The one-cost Woodland units have dominated the early game of Teamfight Tactics on Set 2, thanks to their huge amounts of sustain.
- Read more: Senna and Lucian join TFT in new Set 2 class
However, with reduced shielding on Ivern, and reduced healing on Maokai, it might be a bit easier to kill these units early without having to invest in healing reduction. Neeko, the third Woodland-Druid, did receive an attack range buff, so it’s not all bad news for the composition.
Singed has also been a nuisance on Set 2. The five-cost Poison-Alchemist has been running amok in TFT, and has been a win condition for a lot of compositions. However, he’s being stripped of some of his damage at one- and two-star to hopefully bring him in line with other units.
Getting Lux in the late-game will now provide compositions a reliable buff, regardless of type, with changes to her kit on Patch 9.24. Her spell, Final Spark, now costs five less mana, and does more damage at one- and two-star.
- Read more: League of Legends Patch 9.24 notes
More buffs have been pushed out to Blademaster units like Yasuo, Aatrox, and Sivir, while Renekton and Annie have been nerfed. The Inferno and Electric origins have also been buffed alongside Rangers and Summoners, while Ocean has been nerfed slightly.
Teamfight Tactics Patch 9.24 notes
Here is the full list of Teamfight Tactics Patch 9.24 changes, courtesy of the League of Legends website.
Soulbound Champions and Amumu
- (2) The first Soulbound champion to die will instead continue fighting as an untargetable spirit until all other Soulbound champions are dead.
- Tier 2
- Origin: Shadow
- Class: Soulbound
- Ability: Piercing Darkness. Senna fires a beam through her furthest ally, dealing 50/100/150 magic damage to enemies, and buffing allies’ on-hits for 5 seconds to deal 25/45/75 magic damage from Senna.
- Tier 4
- Origin: Light
- Class: Soulbound
- Ability: The Culling. Lucian fires 10 + (2x his attacks per second) bullets in a direction over 4 seconds, each dealing 25/30/50% of his Attack Damage, applying on-hits, and dealing 40/50/100 additional magic damage.
- Tier 5
- Origin: Inferno
- Class: Warden
- Ability: Curse of the Sad Mummy – Amumu explodes in an infernal tantrum, dealing 150/250/1337 magic damage to all enemies within 2/3/4 hexes, and stunning them for 2 seconds.
- Ivern Shield Value: 200/350/500 ⇒ 200/300/400
- Maokai Passive Heal: 100/175/250 ⇒ 100/150/200
- Renekton Spell Healing: 150/250/350 ⇒ 150/225/300
- Neeko Attack Range: 2 ⇒ 3
- Yasuo Attack Damage: 55 ⇒ 60
- Aatrox Total Mana: 85 ⇒ 70
- Sivir Attack Damage: 50 ⇒ 55
- Soraka Attack Range: 2 ⇒ 3
- Soraka Attack Speed: 0.65 ⇒ 0.7
- Annie – Tibbers Health: 2200 ⇒ 2000
- Annie – Tibbers Armor: 40 ⇒ 30
- Brand Ability Damage: 250/325/400 ⇒ 225/300/600
- Malphite Ability Damage: 125/200/275 ⇒ 150/300/1000
- Yorick Ghoul Health: 600/1000/1400 ⇒ 600/1000/2000
- Taric Total Mana: 150 ⇒ 125
- Singed Ability Damage: 200/400/2000 ⇒150/300/2000
- Lux Total Mana: 85 ⇒ 80
- Lux Ability Damage: 500/800/9999 ⇒ 600/900/9999
- (6) Now additionally grants all Berserkers +25 Attack Damage.
- Dodge Chance: 15/20/30% ⇒ 20/25/35%
- Damage: 70/250/500 ⇒ 100/300/500
- Effect triggers on spell damage ⇒ Effect triggers on spell damage and critical strikes
- Bonus Damage: 80%/175%/250% over 5 seconds ⇒ 70%/120%/180% over 4 seconds
- Hexes that light on fire: 1/1/1 ⇒ 1/3/5
- Attack Speed Bonus: 10/20/35% ⇒ 15/25/35%
- Mana Regen: 15/35/60 ⇒ 15/30/60
- (2) Chance to activate Attack Speed bonus: 30% ⇒ 35%
- (4) Chance to activate Attack Speed bonus: 65% ⇒ 80%
- (6) 100% chance to activate a 2.5x Attack Speed Bonus.
- Now a 3/6 bonus.
- Shadow champions gain bonus damage for 4 seconds. Resets when they participate in a takedown.
- (3) +70% damage
- (6) +140% damage and resets when any shadow champion gets a takedown.
- Bonus Duration & Health: 40%/100% ⇒ 30%/120%
- Phantom Dancer now only negates the bonus damage from critical strikes, rather than dodging the entire attack. This change will not be reflected in the PD tooltip until patch 10.1.
- Reduced the likelihood of class items appearing on Dragon.
- Re-enabled a bunch of items to drop from Dragons/Rift Herald again. Now only Thieves Gloves, Force of Nature, and Titanic Hydra will not drop.
- Giant Slayer Damage: 8% ⇒ 9%
- Fixed a ranked bug where getting 0LP for a fourth place finish would result in a demotion. Getting 4th place will now always grant at least 1LP.
- Fixed Taliyah’s tooltip to say she targets a random enemy, and to include the stun duration.
- Fixed a bug where every Lux except Light had 10 more base AD than intended.
- Fixed a bug where Yasuo took too long to reach his hex and resume attacking as his R ended.
- Fixed some of the loading screen tips to be more…up to date.
- Fixed a bug where Twitch’s Spray and Pray would stop working after cast if he was equipped with Runaan’s Hurricane
- Fixed Renekton’s ability tooltip to properly say it deals magic damage
- Fixed a bug where occasionally Skarner’s shield would persist across rounds
- Fixed Inferno damage zones being created when Zyra plants expire
- Fixed a bug where continuously applying Red Buff or Morellos burn for more than 10 seconds would cause the anti-healing to no longer affect the target
- Fixed a bug where you could get double the health bonus from Earth Hexes.